nsps

Wii titles?

I bought Mario 64 and Zelda from it. Zelda is great, although the rounded back of the controller takes some getting used to when you're using it like an NES pad. Once you get over that, it's the same game it always was. I actually never owned Mario 64 before, and the first time I played it was on the DS, so this was one I'd been wanting to buy since they announced the VC. It's damned solid, although I do kinda wish the store hadn't been sold out of the classic controller. The 'cube pad works fine, but I'd like to use the pad the game was optimized for. Aside from that quibble, Virtual Console is very slickly designed and intuitive. I'd say it's comparable if not more intuitive than Live Arcade. Being able to just point and click is nice, and it just feels like you're browsing an online store on your computer. The muzak on the menu screens can be a bit off-putting, but you learn to ignore it. It'd be nice if there was a bit more selection, but it just launched so I'm willing to wait a while.

Is Red Steel really as bad as the reviews make it out to be?

Depends. I don't know which reviews you've been reading (not that it matters since I haven't read any of them); but I played this a fair bit at the Nintendo press event and found it very unwieldy, very buggy and, for a shooter, it felt very unsatisfying (the Call of Duty guys on Wii have got the controller wokring much more accurately and intuitively). There was no real feedback and it simply felt gimmicky. Saying that it wasn't terrible, heh. It's just an average game. It's basically one of those launch games that will be in the bargain bin in a few months - definitely not a launch must have.

Well, I guess no we know why the Wii doesn't have HD capabilities—Nintendo doesn't want to break really expensive TVs.

But seriously, they did that on bowling? Boxing or Tennis, I can see it happening, but how did they throw it that hard during bowling?

You'd have to have a lot of force on that thing to break the strap, which makes me wonder if the strap really broke, or if they weren't wearing it. (Just wondering...:erm: )

Oh man, Chris's write-up on the new Zelda is amazing. I want to play it so badly. I'm guessing I won't make it till next summer and will cave and get one in February.

That it is, but I've beaten it already. It really could stand to be a bit longer, but it's a launch game so I'll go easy. Wholehearted :tup: at any rate. Y'know, when they were choosing games to have you do twice, did they really need to make one of them "Bunnies are Heartless With Pigs?" That is the only minigame in the entire set that really wasn't fun. That said, the little rhythm game in each set of 5 is always appreciated. So fun. They need to make a dedicated Wii drum game. That, or Sega could ressurect Samba De Amigo. Whatever. I needs my motion sensitive rhythm gaming, and I needs it bad.

That it is, but I've beaten it already. It really could stand to be a bit longer, but it's a launch game so I'll go easy. Wholehearted :tup: at any rate. Y'know, when they were choosing games to have you do twice, did they really need to make one of them "Bunnies are Heartless With Pigs?" That is the only minigame in the entire set that really wasn't fun. That said, the little rhythm game in each set of 5 is always appreciated. So fun. They need to make a dedicated Wii drum game. That, or Sega could ressurect Samba De Amigo. Whatever. I needs my motion sensitive rhythm gaming, and I needs it bad.

I could spend my whole life playing that rhythm game and the smile would never melt from my face.

In other news, I haven't played my copy of Zelda at all yet.

Chris is churning out PS3 and Wii articles at an incredible rate.

Well, he did actually go and ban himself from the shack comments so he could churn out those articles. :)

What the fuck is up with the closing cutscene?

I got Bomberman '93 for the VC, and it plays very well. I haven't tried it with five players yet, though...hopefully you can mix and match with GC controllers since I only have four Wiimotes.

I actually see Miffy playing there.

Swear to god, other similarities aside, I really am way taller than him... :shifty:

What the fuck is up with the closing cutscene?

I second that. Not that the plot was really there in the first place, but come on Ancel, what the hell? At least make a little sense. :frusty:

...still love the game though.

Swear to god, other similarities aside, I really am way taller than him...

What, you have something against small people? You evil racist.

What, you have something against small people? You evil racist.

Small people are a race? And no. As a matter of fact, some of my best friends are small. (cue Colbert's "Black Friend Alan" style photo) I was merely trying to say that I am not, as you keep trying to make me admit, actually Jack Black.