Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

Rockstar Games presents: Bully

I've been really excited about this game ever since I first heard of it.

Hmm, somehow this had escaped me. It is an interesting idea though.

Plus I like the motto on the Bullowrth Academy crest: "Canus canum edu"

Or, if you can't read latin "dog eat dog".

Maybe because, from the screenshots and description, it's just going to be a version of GTA with all the cool sucked out of it and replacing your character depth/intriguing crime story with a sociopathic 12 year old kid giving swirlies to other, less violent kids. Unless it gets some great reviews, I'll pass.

When I got the original press release I was intrigued, but when I saw the screenshots I didn't really care for it anymore.

I have kids. The concept of Bully does not appeal to me at all. But I'll be interested from your POV's to let me know how it works as a game when you've played it.

We'll see. It might have a story line. It might be good.

On the other hand... look at that kid beating the shit out of all those other kids. They could just be trying to make the news.

If there are girlfriends, there could be coffee.

I have a feeling this will be less violent/less sensational than Rockstar's other games. I am not seeing Manhunt or GTA happening in a prep school here.

Something about a game based on school mischief really appeals to me. I guess there haven't been many games that have mined that territory before. Maybe it's nostalgia for my misspent youth sneaking cigarettes behind the rectory at St. Eustace.

I'm really getting bad vibes from Bully. The first thing I thought when I heard about it was "Christ, I'm glad I'M not in high school anymore."

Schoolkids playing a game where gangsters kill each other is one thing, but schoolkids playing a game where they bully other schoolkids and teachers? You can't seriously expect every teenager ever to differentiate that from realism.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I liked Rockstar a lot more when they were DMA Design.

I'm really getting bad vibes from Bully. The first thing I thought when I heard about it was "Christ, I'm glad I'M not in high school anymore."

Schoolkids playing a game where gangsters kill each other is one thing, but schoolkids playing a game where they bully other schoolkids and teachers? You can't seriously expect every teenager ever to differentiate that from realism.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I liked Rockstar a lot more when they were DMA Design.

But it'll be rated M... so only 17 year olds will be playing it.

Right? ... Right???? :erm::eek:

DMA Design is just Rockstar North. Rockstar was their publisher at first. I think.

I would've resurrected an 11(!!!) year old thread for this, but since that's not possible then here's a new thread.

Rockstar released two days ago a 10th Anniversary Edition of Bully, only on Android and iOS. Ported by War Drum Studios.

Features:
• Includes the complete Bully story with extra missions, characters, classroom mini-games, and unlockable items from Bully: Scholarship Edition
• Gorgeous graphics: high resolution textures, dynamic lighting, shadows and particle effects
• Native support for high resolution displays
• Challenge your friends anywhere with turn based multiplayer Friend Challenges. Play on the go and get notified when it’s your turn
• Intelligent touch controls with contextual buttons only when you need them
• Seamlessly continue your game across all your devices with cloud saves via the Rockstar Games Social Club 
• Physical controller support

As with at least GTA:Vice City, I keep wondering why do they make these updated versions only for mobile devices? Why not do an updated version for PC as well? I don't care about Bully that much, but the GTA:VC updated version keeps bothering me. I just don't care about playing on a tablet or phone these kinds of games. Original GTA:VC is still awesome, but I'm just curious about the updated one that how it looks and plays.

I've only played Bully on Wii years and years ago and even then I quit in the middle because the game just felt so boring.

I bought the update that they sold on PS4 to give it a try. Turns out it was just the PS2 version with trophies. I already have Scholarship Edition on PC, so whatever. I'd love to give the game a try on my tablet, but am terrified to try a game like that with touchscreen controls. Does anyone know how the GTAs play?

I have started to play Bully (for the very first time!) on PS4 not a week ago and I'm puzzled by how the hell this would work on mobile.