Marek

London

Spaff's alive :) I'm pretty sure Nick and Ben were nowhere around the blasts either. I sent them messages but the networks are jammed up. I'm pretty sure Idle Thumbs UK escaped unharmed.

Stupid Newsreaders on BBC.... "We're not sure yet whether it's a terrorist attack or just a bizarre coincedence".

Got some news on Nick. He took stock of the situation, and rather than try to cross London has merely installed himself in the nearest decent pub to wait it out. Good crisis management that man.

Damn, us Canucks are just hearing about it now. Glad to hear everyone is OK, and my condolences to all involved. Good luck sorthing that shit out. Canada is behind you folks, even though our PM is kind of a pussy and hasn't made a statement yet.

I AM ALIVE

i made it out of london before it went to hell and was stranded somewhere stupid because brighton station had a bomb scare and was closed too... so the train couldnt actually go any further and jsut turfed us out.

Ben is at work and has no idea how to get home, nick is in a hotel bar somewhere near kings cross and also has no idea how to get home or where he is goin to sleep... no one else from thumbs uk was in london and so therefore are fine :)

what a fucking morning...... jeez.

I just heard about this a few minutes ago (when I woke up.) Glad everyone's okay.

Scary shit, man.

Spaff's alive :) I'm pretty sure Nick and Ben were nowhere around the blasts either. I sent them messages but the networks are jammed up. I'm pretty sure Idle Thumbs UK escaped unharmed.

Stupid Newsreaders on BBC.... "We're not sure yet whether it's a terrorist attack or just a bizarre coincedence".

Now they're sure. "A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in Europe" has posted a claim of responsibility for the series of blasts in London, saying they were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan."

I was afraid it would be something like this. "Power surge" sounded like a fake reason to me.

Actually myself and Nick were fairly close to being involved. I missed the second big blast at Kings Cross Station by 20 minutes, it's on the tube route i take daily to work. And Nick was about 30 minutes behind me i think, so by the time he got around that area the explosion had already occurred and they were evacuating. Nick ended up in Kings Cross.

So yeah, we were near, but thankfully not so near to be in harms way.

Well I guess we all are truly gratefull for that. I just checked on my cousin (who is due to marry next month) and everyone there is okay as well. Still a lot of people aren't and nothing can justify this type of action as far as I am concerned.

Of course we all know who is responsible for this type of thing! Filesharing, Piracy and video games will be the end of civilisation!

(Too early for the funny? :erm: )

Jeez Ben, I didn't realise you and Nick were so close to the blasts :eek:

Of course we all know who is responsible for this type of thing! Filesharing, Piracy and video games will be the end of civilisation!

(Too early for the funny? :erm: )

Don't forget rape.

It's very unfortunate that innocent civilians, no matter whether they're slackers or people who work hard in jobs that nobody likes, have to pay the ultimate price for what a group of people think is just. And it doesn't matter what country it is and how much covered it is in the news because who knows what's happened in iraq and how many innocent civilians have died.

At least they can't blame this one on Video Games. I'm serious.

NPR woke me up with this news. What the hell did London do to anyone?

Geez, didn't realize the French would be so mad about not getting that Olympic bid. :shifty:

On a serious note, glad to hear everybody's okay.

Here in the USA people are patrolling the D.C. Metro with machine guns -- not something you see every day.

From what I've heard Al-Queda has claimed it was them...

Wether the attack was for supporting Bush or for hosting the Olympics... I don't know, but it DID happen the day after the voting....

I'm just glad everyone is OK, with my new "slave" job, I never know what is going on in the world...

I'm really glad that no one from the thumbs are hurt. My condolences to London.

Fox News is funnelling in Sky right now. I wasn't really paying attention (my roommate likes to annoy me by watching that filth), but I believe when they started, the Fox newscaster said that, "Sky information is not always reliable".

¬¬¬¬0172¬¼!!

Wow, what a truly perverse day.

As Ben said, after lots of madness I ended up at Kings Cross right where one of the blasts took place. I had no way of getting to work, or in fact anywhere and there was police tape everywhere. I saw some pretty grim stuff.

I took refuge with a few others in a hotel bar and watched the news and had a drink. It was raining and miserable. It was nice that so many people phoned or messaged me to see if I was ok but I ran out of phone credit to reply to some people.

Then in the afternoon the sun came out, they announced that the travel services (except for the underground) were back up and running so I made the long journey home.

The long journey that ended up with me trecking across london by foot for a few hours.

Now I'm home and the whole thing seems like a dream, it's like the explosions happened yesterday or something. A quick bath then down the pub.

Man, what a day.

From what I've heard Al-Queda has claimed it was them...

Wether the attack was for supporting Bush or for hosting the Olympics... I don't know, but it DID happen the day after the voting....

I'm just glad everyone is OK, with my new "slave" job, I never know what is going on in the world...

It's timed more to the G8 than the Olympics.

Shut it Fuzzy, I want you to stop! This is important:

They just broadcast this film 'reserved for times of crisis' on all stations in Britain!!!!!!

THIS IS BRITAIN

I've encoded it for you to divx.... (15mb)

oh man

its good to know everything is fine :)