Marek

Nintendo, I love you.

That gamesradar articles sadly misinterpreted the quote in question:

GS: Do you plan on having like a per-download pricing model along the lines of the microtransactions that will be used in the next-gen Xbox marketplace?

GH: Well, we can use it in a variety of ways. We've used some of the older games already as little bonuses, either as bonus gifts or hidden in levels of games. Certainly for the first-party titles we'll be making some of those available. We haven't really talked about whether we would sell them. The third parties can make their own decision whether they want to sell them, or maybe they will add it on as sort of a free benefit when you buy a current version of the game.

It is certainly a big possibility, but in no way confirmed yet.

;(

Man, what a bummer. I hereby retract the Vans until conclusive information is released. I still hope they'll make it all available for free, so that they're using the old games to sell Revolutions, not using the Revolution to sell old games.

It would be funny if you could download all of the old classics but have to play them with a bizzaro squishy controller. That would be boss.

The rumor mill currently says the controller will have some standard buttons as well as a new type of touchscreen that can also simulate the kinetic experience of touching a button, i.e. a knob would feel like a knob, even though the surface is flat. There's an American company that is supposedly developing these, and a news article on the web somewhere suggested they'd be used in the Nintendo Revolution. I lost the URL but it sounds cool to me, and I hope it's real.

"Revolution will have no real problem standing up to [PS3 and Xbox 360]"

I think he's talking about sales though, not horsepower. Nintendo has already said the Revolution will be about three times as powerful as the GameCube, which is likely to put it below the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of specs. (Which will be irrelevant this generation.)

If we don't get every old NES game free, there will be a revolution, damnit! :hah:

If we don't get every old NES game free, there will be a revolution, damnit! :hah:
You're so banned.

Nintendo has already said the Revolution will be about three times as powerful as the GameCube, which is likely to put it below the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of specs. (Which will be irrelevant this generation.)

Actually, that has been debunked already. It was just something CompUSA threw out when they revealed the console just before the press release, not something Nintendo actually said themselves.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/02/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

"The Revolution will use cutting edge technology, but it's ultimately about how that technology is used," he said. "We asked ourselves 'why would a family need or want to have a gaming console?' The answer is what's driving development of the Revolution."

This stuff is starting to aggravate me! Either they have something to say or they just shut up at nintendo! All these little hints and stuff... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh :bomb:

I love the guessing game. :D

They're not trying to overhype, but at the same time, dropping little hints here and there.

Whatever you say about Nintendo, people are talking. Albeit saying their business accumen sucks, or it's sheer genius.

Time will tell, as with all things.

But a full downloadable first and second party series of old school retro for free as a back library...

That's some premature pyro, right there! :bomb:

Finally I can once again play goldeneye, get the invincibility, all weapons and infinite ammo cheats, go to the Bunker level, sound the alarm and mow down an infinite number of enemies!

I mean, I can't wait to play all those games I didn't get to play when I had a SNES, like Super Metroid, the FF games, Chrono Trigger/chross (whichever one it was), etc.

Finally I can once again play goldeneye, get the invincibility, all weapons and infinite ammo cheats, go to the Bunker level, sound the alarm and mow down an infinite number of enemies!

Except, is that a Nintendo game?

Except, is that a Nintendo game?

Technically it's Rare's, but I think they'll port it, since they let Nintendo release the Banjo Kazooie game for GBA even after they were bought by M$, also, Nintendo published it so...

Er, not really... THQ published Grunty's Revenge for GBA, and in fact, all of Rare's GBA games except the DKC ports. They also published them very poorly, with little to no advertising. In exchange for all rights to all the Kongs, Kremlings and Starfox characters Rare created, Nintendo let Rare have all their other franchises (such as Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and Blast Corps).

But then you get the bizzaro stuff like Diddy Kong Racing which features Banjo and Conker. Who owns that? I'm guessing Nintendo does. Then there's the legal mess that is Goldeneye. Rare owns the code, Nintendo published the game, and EA owns the Bond game rights now. There's no way you'll ever be seeing THAT game re-released.

There's no way you'll ever be seeing THAT game re-released.

I COULD'VE HAD SIX MORE MONTHS OF DELUSIONAL BLISS DAMN YOU!

Nintendo was cheap enough to charge $20 per title for old NES games on GBA with zero extras.

Do you honestly believe they're going to make 200+ games available for download for free?

Seriously now.

I will almost certainly never buy another Nintendo machine (for myself) ever again (when I have kids, maybe) but it doesn't take a hater to recognize the idiocy in giving away games they could be charging $10 - $20 per title for. :nuts:

Nintendo was cheap enough to charge $20 per title for old NES games on GBA with zero extras.

Do you honestly believe they're going to make 200+ games available for download for free?

Seriously now.

Nobody's claiming that they'll be giving away 200 games for free. That rumour has already been debunked. I'm hoping they'll be giving something away, as freebies and unlockables, or whatever.

However, pricing them in the $20's seems pretty high. For the NES games on GBA, they had to make the cartridges. Here it's not going to cost them shit. Yes, Nintendo are cheap, but not that cheap.

I will almost certainly never buy another Nintendo machine (for myself) ever again (when I have kids, maybe) but it doesn't take a hater to recognize the idiocy in giving away games they could be charging $10 - $20 per title for. :nuts:

I don't really understand this need to shove it into every Nintendo-related thread that you don't buy their shit. It's completely irrelevant.

I don't really understand this need to shove it into every Nintendo-related thread that you don't buy their shit. It's completely irrelevant.

Your honor, I was merely establishing character which was relevant to the subject at hand.

I don't claim to be unbiased. I relish my bias. Bias rules.

They could theoretically have a sort of free-rental system, where you have one game on the revolution at a time.

But Nintendo is way too greedy to do anything for free, especially when they know they could make the easiest cash of their existance with priced web distribution.

Oh well...at least I have this smiley to cheer me up.

:sartre:

undressed psychonauts