manny_c44

Nintendo Revolution

Ok, but I still think the picture itself is fake, even though it's from an official source. The reflections look ridiculous, not real at all. Look at the green one and the one at the top center. Those reflections look terrible. Considering this is already a mock-up model by Nintendo's own admission (since the real one is going to be smaller) it doesn't surprise me that it would be easier to just photoshop a bunch of variously-painted ones if actual prototypes weren't available yet.

I don't really see how that matters. This is obviously colors that Nintendo is considering, and the red and green ones especially look good. I seriously doubt this is a Photoshop job, but very much suspect that this is just a mock-up rendering of the colors Nintendo think would look good.

At any rate, it's official.

Well, mockup rendering, Photoshop, whatever. My point was just that I don't think they are photographs. But yeah some of those colors look nice.

He's been turned into a bunny, Goron, Deku Shrub and whatever they called those fish people (I've forgotten), so why not a werewolf?

The fish people are called Zora's.

I'm not saying that Link turning into a werewolf is a bad thing or a mistake, I'm saying that it doesn't really appeal to me. It's an old concept that's been done in too many games (Blood Omen, some other games that don't come to mind, but exist). I want Twilight Princess more than anything else, the game looks stunning but the dark dysphoric theme doesn't appeal to me and doesn't make me think that The Wind Waker was a mistake and not a masterpiece (some people actually think that after they saw Twilight Princess in last year's E3).

For an entire year Nintendo said they'll unveil the Revolution (not just the system but also the games), for the past three years they been saying they'll show Super Mario 128, is it really so hard just to show a thirty second movie of it? I've been waiting the entire year to see the Revolution and Revolution's games and the outcome is "We're not showing them because our competitors will steal the idea", fine, I understand that Nintendo is a company that keeps secrets (and they should because their ideas did get stolen before, many times over) but them hyping it for the entire year and in the end it's a virtual no show, as a Nintendo fan I'm insulted, and as a person who spend so much if not most of his hard earned after school job money on Nintendo I'm insulted. Enough with them taunting us by saying that "E3 is going to be all about the Revolution" them showing a prototype of the console without any software doesn't cut it.

Nintendo disappointed me in this E3, and for me, Nintendo is E3.

Anyway, if the whole 'download old NES/SNES/N64 games' thing is free, GOOD BYE SOCIAL LIFE

come on! that would be simply too good to be true... I promise to be good for a whole year if that comes true! yes you heard it first here, on the Thumb! :chaste:

I'm not saying that Link turning into a werewolf is a bad thing or a mistake, I'm saying that it doesn't really appeal to me. It's an old concept that's been done in too many games (Blood Omen, some other games that don't come to mind, but exist).

Yeah, but remember Ocarina of Time? Day changes into night. If you're a werewolf, it'll mean you don't change at will, you get FORCED to change. I mean what if you're in a town or something and suddenly you're a werewolf. Villagers are gonna get pissed.

Yeah, but remember Ocarina of Time? Day changes into night. If you're a werewolf, it'll mean you don't change at will, you get FORCED to change. I mean what if you're in a town or something and suddenly you're a werewolf. Villagers are gonna get pissed.

What were-university did you attend... everyone knows it's only at full moon... sheesh

and:

revo28vf.jpg

weeeeeee..... it's not official as far as I know... but looks weeeeee

EDIT: ok it's one of many prototypes

Microsoft definitely seems to have the hype train working overtime on their new Xbox 360 console. They even tried to steal Sony and Nintendo's thunder by airing that MTV special a week before the exposition. Now I'm even more dissapointed after seeing their new titles. Microsoft's 360 lineup was so boring it made me want to poke my eyes out. Microsoft seems too eager to get their new console out the gate. It seems rushed. Every decision they make seems to be influenced by money. I can't help but think the only thing Microsoft has going for them is their PR department.

I think Nintendo was right doing what they did, not showing all the next generation titles. I'm pretty excited about the Gamecube games that have yet to come out. It's is nice to know that at least one company will take the time to create something special and inspired. Microsoft is fleeing the original Xbox like they are fleeing the plague.

Holy Jesus, the DS lineup looks fucking awesome, I seriously WANT that machine when it comes in different colors than the default platinum silver to Finland.

Some of my :9~ ds games so far:

mario 64, new super mario bros, electroplankton, kirby: canvas curse, mario kart ds, meteos, metroid prime: hunters... and many many more.

And oh man that red Revo looks gorgeous, might this be the first console ever that I'd buy at launch?

What were-university did you attend... everyone knows it's only at full moon... sheesh

Aye, but the moon in OoT was ALWAYS full.

holding a controller on each hand in mid air is kind of odd, worse than holding a single controller with both hands.

Maybe the controller is a jump rope!

holding a controller on each hand in mid air is kind of odd, worse than holding a single controller with both hands.

Is this just some random fact? Who says the controller will be a gyroscopic dealie in both hands?

Why does the controller remind me of an Atari 2600 paddle? :erm:

Edit: Holy :cens0r:!

Has anyone seen the Nintendo "ON" video at Eurogamer?

They are making another Virtual Reality console? :eek:

You have to walk, run and jump yourself? Gyms will go out of bussiness! But people will injure themselves daily tripping over furniture while running from Metroids! :deranged:

Actually, I'm quite skeptic about this one....

Settle down, Tanu, the Nintendo On was obviously a hoax to begin with. The ill-designed Mario at the end should have given you all the hints you needed.

The character should be as tall as the player, that makes sense when it comes to VR, right? :erm:

It probably was a hoax, but now I'm tripping with the Nintendo E3 conference...

:eek:

Nintendogs has voice recognition? Sweet Mother of Mothra!

I can't believe I'm so excited about a puppy game!

I'm not sure if I should cheer or cry... I always jokes that "At least there isn't a Nintendo dancing game..." and now we have DDR Mario Mix! :deranged:

A baseball game and a soccer game? Why not? He's done almost every other sport... But DDR? ;(

Oh, and werewolf Link ROCKS! :clap:

I think Nintendo’s business plan is a wise one, why involve yourself in a market where u have to take massive initial losses (and if the past is anything to go on) to only come out with a failure. Make yourself distinctive from the rest.

I'm probably going to buy either a 360 or PS3 once I see more of the software (but def. not both) and a (definately) revolution. And I imagine a lot of gamers may do the same, so while Sony and Microsoft could see themselves locked in a massive battle for supremacy, ninty will be sailing along (Wind waker style) making profits (hopefully) and if there is a decisive victor in the sony microsoft battle could see themselves in second place.

I've hearrd the price of 360 and PS3 games is expected to go up to $60-$70 (=massive amounts of piracy) a pop which means in the UK it will probably be £50-£60. That is a hell of a lot, where I may be able to get a nice little game developed by some small independent developer that is fun on the revolution for £20 (this involves massive speculation based on one comment), which sounds good to me.

Finally the back catalogue of games sounds amazing (esp. in Europe where so many great games are never released) I've wanted to play chronotrigger for ages and I imagine that I'll be able to find thousands of gems (they better make the controller SF:2turbo friendly)

Microsoft seems too eager to get their new console out the gate. It seems rushed. Every decision they make seems to be influenced by money.

And Sony and Nintendo's decisions aren't influenced by money? rolleyes1.gif

Nintendo, at least, seems to have some kind of regard for the quality of games. How much, I'm not sure, but there's something there.

The same argument could be made about the Splinter Cell series, Project Gotham Racing, KoTOR, Jade Empire, and Halo series for Xbox, or about ICO, the Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid series, and Silent Hill series for PS2.

Just admit it, you prefer the art direction and mechanics of many of the games Nintendo makes.