23 hours ago, Godzilla Blitz said:

Will do! I've requested an invitation. Thanks.

Check your email, you should have an invite from the Slack :).

Hey I'm not 100% sure how strict the rules are. I have some prior real life engagements this weekend and won't be able to work on both days, is it okay to start just a tiny bit earlier?

I'm just really excited for this year's jam lol.

11 hours ago, FartSatchel said:

Hey I'm not 100% sure how strict the rules are. I have some prior real life engagements this weekend and won't be able to work on both days, is it okay to start just a tiny bit earlier?

I'm just really excited for this year's jam lol.

Do it.

Well, I have to do a bunch of overtime next week, and I'm only a few months into learning Python, so i can't do anything outside of the terminal, which could make this a bit tricky.

But, I have a "game" in mind that I THINK I can still make work within that limited scope.  So, I'll throw my hat in the ring.  If nothing else, I'll learn a lot.

Can I link my "dev logs" from my blog, and add some extra comments?  Or would it be better to just cross-post them?  I know the forums were somewhat link-averse at one point.

Dot Gobbler's rickety boat has safely arrived to its destination, a place where the jam flows like river and gentle baboos fill the air.

18 hours ago, Koholos said:

Well, I have to do a bunch of overtime next week, and I'm only a few months into learning Python, so i can't do anything outside of the terminal, which could make this a bit tricky.

But, I have a "game" in mind that I THINK I can still make work within that limited scope.  So, I'll throw my hat in the ring.  If nothing else, I'll learn a lot.

Can I link my "dev logs" from my blog, and add some extra comments?  Or would it be better to just cross-post them?  I know the forums were somewhat link-averse at one point.

As a long term Pythoner who's also made a terminal based game I'm curious to see what your idea is. 

For the posts, I'd recommend cross posting because some people can be lazy and might not make that extra click. 

Does anyone else think there'd be value in a "Tools and Such" thread along with the Team threads? I have some basic Unity stuff that might be helpful, and I'm sure others do too.

E.g.: 

I just made this for Wizard Jam because the workflow of "Right Click -> Create Texture -> plunk in all the details and uncheck the boxes" process for dozens of textures is annoying and this is instant. :)

It'd be cool to just have a giant pile of these as we do with shared assets, etc.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, Travis said:

Also, get on slack and join the #wizardjam channel for live conversations and gif overloads during the jam!

what is the slack URL?

Since I'm using Python, should I use something like py2exe (or a better alternative if people know of one).

Or can I assume people actually following this will have a flavor of Python installed already?

also, since the Jam ends Sunday but the showcase is next weekend, is the upload cutoff this Sunday, or will it still count as long as I finish Sunday and then take a couple days to figure out how to convert it to an exe, since I hear it's a pain?

40 minutes ago, Koholos said:

Since I'm using Python, should I use something like py2exe (or a better alternative if people know of one).

Or can I assume people actually following this will have a flavor of Python installed already?

also, since the Jam ends Sunday but the showcase is next weekend, is the upload cutoff this Sunday, or will it still count as long as I finish Sunday and then take a couple days to figure out how to convert it to an exe, since I hear it's a pain?

Submission time is pretty lax. Since there is no contest or anything, uploading when you're ready is the only rule. 

Personally, I wouldn't assume anyone has python installed. If nothing else, some of the streamers who often play these games might not want to take the time to get set up. 

I was going to say, just submit a version to the jam on itch before the deadline - then you can update that entry whenever you like. But yeah even if you miss that, zero can add entries later.

Edit: Then again, we've talked about this, we don't want people submitting placeholder pages, if the game is not playable in any form yet... Then it's better to just message zero when the game is ready.