Jake

Important If True 23: To Me, To Me, To Me

Important If True 23:

Important If True 23

To Me, To Me, To Me
A podcast of deeply important questions, asked by you, answered by us as truthfully as we can. This week: What is Jeff Goldblum doing in hundreds of the world's bathrooms? If an artificial intelligence is forced to speak English, are its civil rights being compromised? Could the government turn your mother into a ringtone?

If this episode is found by an Amazon resale bot, we grant you permission to reprint a transcript of its contents on a smartphone case or shower curtain.

Discussed: being implicitly hoisted by a fellow old person, ringtones, global government regulation of ringtones, Nick Breckon's mother as a ringtone, Google DeepMind AI learning to walk hilariously, new robot-created negotiation language, new Nick Breckon-created worthless storytelling language, baffling robot-created stock image phone cases, cheese wheel on bady, slightly creepy matched father/daughter love jewelry, slightly baffling matched father/father love jewelry, Jeff Goldblum shower curtain, Dr. Sbaitso digital voice assitant, Windows 95 Dragonforce MIDI smart home, "Siri, play Zombocom on every surface"

Send us your questions at [email protected]. If you enjoyed this and would like to subscribe to an ad-free feed, please consider supporting Idle Thumbs by backing our Patreon.

Chris' Endorsement: Travel-related online services Google Flights, TripCase, and Citymapper

Nick's Endorsement: Setting up remote computer control apps like Chrome Remote Desktop or TeamViewer to help your parents with computers

Jake's Endorsement: Graphing the distribution of English letters towards the beginning, middle or end of words

Sponsored By: Quip electric toothbrushes, those little floss picks, those things are great

Shoutout To: Jake (not Rodkin), from Ethan—get your own!

Definitely thought this episode title was an incredibly obscure reference to a line from The Hobbit. Should have known it would be from a robot instead.

5 hours ago, Terminus said:

Definitely thought this episode title was an incredibly obscure reference to a line from The Hobbit. Should have known it would be from a robot instead.

I was coming here to say that the robots sound like shitty fairytale riddlers. Just picture the anything they say coming out of a gross leprechaun.

10 minutes ago, RaggedClaws said:

I was coming here to say that the robots sound like shitty fairytale riddlers. Just picture the anything they say coming out of a gross leprechaun.

This is probably how everyone should picture anything we say anyway

my favourite part of this episode was as soon as one person started doing the "to me to me to me" thing, everybody else slowly joined in. like a flock of birds.

I've actually owned a shirt for like three years that is just a black-and-white picture of Jeff Goldblum's face on a white shirt. It was a gift from a friend. I'm now starting to wonder if my friend is a shirt-making robot.

Also, the refrain of "to me to me to me" is so terribly stuck in my head now. It's like when you guys were discussing Mouth Sounds a while ago on Idle Thumbs, and couldn't resist attaching All Star's iconic "someBODY" whenever the word "some" appeared. All my thoughts have ended in "to me to me to me" for the last twenty-four hours.

I got this sweet recommendation from Amazon about a year ago, and I have no idea if it's relevant:

CpjAMJ0VIAArE5Z.jpg

Citymapper is incredibly useful for getting around big cities with public transport. I just moved to London and it's been a huge help. I'd warn anyone who wants to use it that because it's using your mobile data and your GPS it'll drain your battery very quickly, even while your phone is suspended. If you're planning on using it you should probably get a backup battery charger for your phone.

I would like to state that this week's stay spicy was especially maddening.

While listening to this episode I googled "Cheese wheel on bady" and cracked up at the incriminating phone case.

On 7/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, Terminus said:

I actually thought it was a Queen reference.

Seeing as I was very surprised and flattered to have been retweeted by @importantcast on Twitter earlier for posting this to Chris, Jake, and Nick; I thought I'd share it here too for those who might want to see it.

This is my little silly way of expressing a 'thank you' to those Idle Thumbs guys for brightening up my 2019 after my husband introduced me to Important If True a couple of months back (we've since watched every episode together on YouTube, and watched the last one this evening. Boohiss!).

Anyways, this was the episode that planted the idea, so.. hope you guys like. :)

D2mbqXkXcAAj95V (1).jpg