coughlinjon

WJ4 "Why I Jam" Audio Compilation

Hey, Wizard Jam community!

I'd like to put together an audio advertisement for Wizard Jam 4 to highlight the different voices and personalities of our community. 

Here's how to participate

1. Record yourself with loose adherence to the following script (the shorter/tighter, the better and more useable)

2. Upload your mp3 file in this thread

3. Check back in for the compilation

Script

I'm [name/handle] (optional)

I've made [past wizard jam games] (optional)

and I jam because [reason] (required)

Production

We're hoping to edit this in a couple ways - long versions, short versions, and if we get it really well produced we might even try to convince the Idle Thumbs to tack it onto the end of a podcast episode!

Below I've included a longer intro that we might put at the beginning of the pitch, and it includes my own "Why I Jam" response.

Have fun, and I look forward to hearing your voices :)

- Jon

WizJam4PlugIntro_Raw.mp3

As far as the "Why I Jam" question goes, think of your past game(s) - what was in them?

Explosions? Pizza? Rat Kings? Dots? Thumbs? Guns? 

Did you do the art? the sound? the design? the code? 

Did you finish your project? collaborate? learn a new skill? meet a new friend?

We all get something out of this process, and whether common or unique I think they're all worth hearing :)

We could also use some background music for the ad - I'm thinking something fun, but probably without vocals, and it has to be something freely available.

Here's mine. It's a bit bass-heavy, but that's sort of just how my voice is! I tried EQing it, but I figured I'd just leave it flat so you could make any changes as you saw necessary.

WJ4 - WhyIJam - Synnah.wav

26 minutes ago, phill said:

This section is going to need an explicit content warning because you all have sexy as heck voices, btw.

hahahaha 

1 hour ago, Spenny said:

Well, here's a thing. I talk kind of slow and spacey so hopefully it's pretty easy to cut out what you need.

wizJamSpenny.mp3

Inspiring story :) We'll grab bits for the ad, but we'll include the full thing in the unabridged version!

10 hours ago, Spenny said:

Well, here's a thing. I talk kind of slow and spacey so hopefully it's pretty easy to cut out what you need.

wizJamSpenny.mp3

This is damn cool. I love seeing jam games grow up to be fully fledged awesome things!

Edit: Also, so many robots :D

2 hours ago, gerbilsinspace said:

Damn it Travis, only one robot allowed.

Sounds like a robot duel is in order.

Hey! Hopefully this is also helpful for the edit! I joined the forum after being a listener for a long time just to join the Jam! The last one seemed SO MUCH FUN! 

Why-I-Jam.m4a