Spenny

[Release] Punch Wizard

GET IT!

SaM%2FqE.gif

Might do an update later this weekend, but if not, here's a release!

I'm making a game with some punch boys. Just wrapped up the basic behaviors for the punch boys. The grey guy is an AI enemy punch boy and the black guy is the player's punch boy.

MY4bq8b.gif

hell yeah let's settle our differences in a stupid fight!

Flushed out a few more details in the fight system and did a little bit of look development.

post-33952-0-46398200-1463027810.gif

More look development. Some screen space effects. Camera moves. Parallax objects. Audio controller.

post-33952-0-41339800-1463113619.gif

I got a little nublar in my game  :shifty:

post-33952-0-57953800-1463113811_thumb.jpg

Nublar proliferation is real and it's a problem.

This game is Punch Wizard and it is about Punch Wizard the cyborg wizard that punches.

post-33952-0-50510700-1463458570_thumb.gif

Oh my god. Are you doing all this with your own action figures? I can't even describe how warm and fuzzy this makes me feel.

Oh man, this is legitimately amazing!

Oh my god. Are you doing all this with your own action figures? I can't even describe how warm and fuzzy this makes me feel.

Punch Wizard is the most custom. The Cyber B.A.E. is a power ranger with a fake gundam head.

post-33952-0-70533100-1463493492_thumb.jpg

Oh man. OH MAN. Spenny this is the best idea! Making sprites out of photographs in classic Mortal Kombat style?! This makes me so happy.

Oh snap! The sprites are stop-motion toys? I've seen some gifs on twitter, but I didn't realize that until now!

Genius and awesome, dude. The Idle Community is like a creativity, uh, fountain.

Holy crap that is the best idea. Back at uni my friends and I used to make stop-motion movies with action figures, each entitled 'Ruin Shit 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.'. It got pretty competitive by the end, with Matrix-style wrap-arounds and fishing line making some pretty impressive setups. This reminded me of that for the first time in years, so both thank you and great work! :D

Mind blowing. Can't wait to see the Thumbs reactions to this being played!

Designed level 1, imported some new brick sprites. Added an intensity variable to the VHS effect.

post-33952-0-67040100-1463547803_thumb.gif

Yesterday my lady made a pretty sweet logo:

post-33952-0-00249500-1463633146_thumb.gif

Today, looked after some technical stuff, and imported the art for a new enemy. Hopefully create one more level tomorrow, then maybe call it quits, or maybe a third level on the weekend.

Dunch Wizard! Ha ha ha

(still not making fun of the P/D thing, just still laughing about that convo in Slack, days later)

I love this! I didn't finish the second level, but will try again. The style is fantastic! What a great look and feel to the whole thing. The punching and jumping is really solid too.