Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs Streams

Any chance of new Nick streams from Canada? I want to taste that crisp air through my monitor.

21 hours ago, Nick Breckon said:

I have yet to play or see anything about Getting Over It. My entire Saturday is free. Should I try to beat it in a marathon stream? 

YES 

YES YES

YES YES YES

Is the Getting Over It stream vod gonna get migrated to IdleVideos sometime? I'd like to see it kept around for posterity. Or at very least turned into a Twitch highlight so it doesn't get deleted after 2 weeks

On 1/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Problem Machine said:

Is the Getting Over It stream vod gonna get migrated to IdleVideos sometime? I'd like to see it kept around for posterity. Or at very least turned into a Twitch highlight so it doesn't get deleted after 2 weeks

Is it gone? I missed it and I can't see it on the IdleThumbs twitch channel

5 hours ago, eot said:

Is it gone? I missed it and I can't see it on the IdleThumbs twitch channel

It’s on Nick’s individual channel (if it hasn’t expired yet.)

On 1/6/2018 at 5:15 PM, Kyir said:

It’s on Nick’s individual channel (if it hasn’t expired yet.)

Found it, thanks

@Nick Breckon do you plan on finishing Getting Over It on stream, or are you more likely to just play a different game? I've been holding off watching GOI speedruns just in case you return to it :lol:

I was kinda sad that Chris skipped all the cut scenes in Celeste because I actually really like the story in that game. I can understand the instinct, since platformers aren't generally known for their writing, especially ones with such a mechanical focus, but I found it extremely worthwhile in this case. The story is pretty simple and it doesn't have much capital L Lore, but the characters were nice and it generally worked as a nice break between bits of hard platforming. Also the character portraits during dialogue are kind of adorable.

Just caught up on the VOD of Celeste. The PICO-8 version you found at the end of the stream is the actual original version of the game. You can still find the original PICO-8 cartridge live and on-line here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2145. Looks like a few people in that thread made mods for it which is pretty cool. The PICO-8 version was also ran at SGDQ2016 here: 

Excellent progress and a very enjoyable stream, @Nick Breckon!

This may have been addressed in the stream/comments already, but if you eventually get tired of guessing whether you have enough delta-v for your planned mission or not (I guarantee that there will be plenty of other issues to deal with when building a Duna colony), I would recommend installing Kerbal Engineer Redux (or something similar) that shows you the delta-v, burn time, etc. of each stage. Mainly recommending this because I want to see this map pulled out during the stream:

gBoLsSt.png

Source: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-13-community-delta-v-map-26-sep-29th/

I will stop backseat gaming now...

Kerbal Space Program Making History expansion should be released very soon. How about Idle Thumbs community generated space challenges that Nick tries to beat?

I strongly endorse going back to watch some of the higher-ranking clips from the various streams. They are a source of joy in these dark times.