Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs Streams

It was tacitly agreed upon by a few people in chat that if you can beat this on stream, you are not a baby gamer.

And now that you've made it to O&S, you can fully appreciate Dunkstein and Slamough

You need to get sleep Nick, but I think you might need this too.

I created a new thread for in-depth discussion of Nick's Dark Souls travails: 

This is basically because the DS1 discussion in this thread has gotten extremely lengthy and technical, to the point that it is basically its own self-contained discussion. Which is totally fine, that just means it should probably have its own thread! I realized I was getting to the point where I just have to skip past all the Dark Souls stuff in this thread because it's so inside-baseball, and once that starts happening it usually means there are other people in the same situation.

FWIW I'd say it's still totally fine to drop clips from and comments about Nick's Dark Souls streams in this thread, but they should probably be clips and comments that can be enjoyed on their own by general readers rather than requiring deep game knowledge. (Like, a gif or clip of Nick dropping off a ledge hilariously is fine; paragraph-length discussion about the nuances of a specific weapon choice, probably not.) Use your judgment!

(I somewhat arbitrarily set the post migration cutoff point at the beginning of Nick's current Dark Souls 1 stream, to avoid excavating months-old posts in this thread. I also left some Dark Souls 1 posts in this thread, when they were isolated posts that aren't too technical.)

There's a new elusive target in Hitman, in case either of you are interested in playing it.

And for fellow readers wanting a SASO, you can highlight this white text for an easy guide: Use the default entrance with any silenced pistol, and some kind of activated explosive.  Immediately go straight and take a left, then continue to the mechanic's workshop.  From cover, shoot the power outlet on the puddle near the soldiers, then cause an explosion in the alcove to the puddle's right.  An evacuation will be caused, and the target will run straight into an electrocution.

Nick was talking about his compulsion to glance at chat so he can thank new subscribers, even though it harms his ability to play.  Have you looked into automatic sub/follow notifications at all?  Feeona got her follow notifications up after one day of streaming, so you could probably ask her for help if needed.

Also, fight that bullshit parking ticket.

Edit: Once again, congrats on becoming a $255+ Dark Lord, Nick!  Now Jake is the only regular cast member who isn't a Lord of some sort.

Planning the goofiest stream for tomorrow afternoon. It's gonna be good. 

Dark Souls 2 around noon or 1pm Pacific, then goofy (maybe really good) stream at 5pm. 

I hope Nick/Janel stream some Diablo II as well

Even better soundtrack than the first game

8 hours ago, eot said:

I hope Nick/Janel stream some Diablo II as well

Even better soundtrack than the first game

Disagreeeeee, but it's still real good. Everyone talks about the Tristram theme, and justly so, but I think the Catacombs theme is the secret best track in Diablo, it's so creepycool.

I'm way behind on streams atm because of holidays, but look forward to catching up

Oh my God, watching people play Overcooked is so stressful and chaotic. I'm glad it's a game people are enjoying but it seems so anxious to me.

I've been planning to make a compilation of the DS1 clips by the end of the year, but heard on one of the Nick's streams that one of you has considered doing it, @Chris or @Jake.  If that's the case, let me know so I can send some of my clips with less than 10 views (I made a few that I didn't share).  If not, let me know and I'll go ahead and start making it.

1 hour ago, SL128 said:

I've been planning to make a compilation of the DS1 clips by the end of the year, but heard on one of the Nick's streams that one of you has considered doing it, @Chris or @Jake.  If that's the case, let me know so I can send some of my clips with less than 10 views (I made a few that I didn't share).  If not, let me know and I'll go ahead and start making it.

I'm out of town for the rest of the year so there's no chance of me doing it in that timeframe!

14 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm out of town for the rest of the year so there's no chance of me doing it in that timeframe!

Cool!  Would any of you with access to the Twitch account mind sending me the clip urls?  You should be able to find essentially all of them here: https://clips.twitch.tv/my-clips/channel

Instead of getting each link manually, you can use this extension to save time: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/copy-links/kcpoommnneaebpfgaoejklgemonkmjpc

4 hours ago, SL128 said:

Cool!  Would any of you with access to the Twitch account mind sending me the clip urls?  You should be able to find essentially all of them here: https://clips.twitch.tv/my-clips/channel

Instead of getting each link manually, you can use this extension to save time: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/copy-links/kcpoommnneaebpfgaoejklgemonkmjpc

I'm already out of town but @Nick Breckon or @Jake should be able to.

By the way did Nick ever use the Key to the Embedded? I don't think there's much reward for it but it's such a bizarre sequence. 

Edit: Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread. Oh well, minor question so I'll just leave this here.

Since the live casts are now two days off of release, could we start getting the discussion threads up ahead of time? There have been times I've wanted to make a post, but forgot or lost interest by the time threads are live, and I assume that's true of others as well.

Also, I still haven't been sent the links for DS1 clips so I can make a compilation.  I won't have nearly as much free time soon, and so it would be preferable that I get them soon unless someone else would rather compile them.

10 hours ago, Latrine said:

By the way did Nick ever use the Key to the Embedded? I don't think there's much reward for it but it's such a bizarre sequence. 

Edit: Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread. Oh well, minor question so I'll just leave this here.

He has used it, but I don't remember there being anything interesting about it on stream.