Dinosaursssssss

Team Building Thread

@meanhouseart Hi, I'm working on a simple 2d game, and if you are willing to do some artwork for it, I would be very much appreciated. I'll send you a private message for more details. Your work on your website looks gorgeous. 

Is there anyone with a strong background in pixel art who wants to help me update the (currently terrible) assets I currently have in my (dumb) game? I'm hoping to make it look like a GBA game, if possible, and I'd also like some help with another aspect. It shouldn't be too much trouble, although maybe it might just be easier for me to try things out myself. 

I wouldn't say I have a strong background in pixel art but if you let me know what you need I can take a stab at it. And even if you go for some else's work that's fine too, I'm just looking for the experience.

I think my schedule does not allow for making a full game so I am offering writing (I'm funny, creative, I really like strong metaphors) and artistic skills. I'm more of a cartoony sort of style than illustrator but I can paint assets as well. 

Mo2Ds68t.jpg5l6MPAlt.pngjsilbn8t.png

1r1Mjcj.jpg

Hey I'm interested in working on whatever. I do art, mostly physical stuff not very suited for video games. But I also do some pixel art stuff and light animation. I have worked with a friend on some smaller projects in the past, but nothing worth mentioning. I'm on my phone, but I have attached some things laying around. http://38.media.tumblr.com/2f076e1aca650db61edccbb7e6aed975/tumblr_n3cr0oymAv1t0hkgeo1_400.gif http://38.media.tumblr.com/729f6e75346460beafbf3eb0a8382cdc/tumblr_n3bexedVfv1t0hkgeo1_100.gif http://33.media.tumblr.com/9bad4efebe07d7091db5d7b224e5d7e5/tumblr_n3bewxaxfx1t0hkgeo1_100.gif

post-34872-0-23783900-1429200909_thumb.jpg

post-34872-0-63158400-1429201583_thumb.jpg

Having been busy hitherto

I'd now like to join the jam, the chosen few (?),

I can code (UnityC#), I can rite,

I can model (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248697266), animate and light,

...oh dear god this is a terrible idea. What was I thinking? A Limerick? Jesus, so stupid I-- ...uh...

...and something something BABOO!

Um. Idle Thumbs credit: Finished Splunky and Far Cry 2, thought both were amazing.

Might do the Ludum Dare this weekend, depends if anybody wants a hand from me in the Wizard Jam!

--Rev

Sound effects!

You need them! I will make them. I'm not looking to join any one team but will happily provide sound effects for whoever needs them. If I can't record something using my portable recorder, I'll synthesize it. If I can't synthesize it, I'll make the sound with my face.

Feel free to shoot me a private message with a reasonable (not 500) list of sound effects that you need, and I will get cracking. If something wacky comes up that was interesting to make, I can make a post about the process.

If anyone is still looking for pixel art help I'm more than happy to contribute. I've hidden some examples below:

example-01.gif

example-02.gif

example-03.gif

example-04.gif

example-05.gif

Hi there!

I've listened to the pod for several years now but never really posted much in the forums, not sure why just haven't.

In any case I just heard about this jam on the last episode and at first I thought I'd try and put something together really quick by myself, I first thought it best to see if anyone else needs some help as right now it's getting near finals time at school and it's probably best that I don't get wrapped up for a week in something that is too time intensive.

What I mean to say is, I have time to write some code but probably not enough time to design a game AND write some code.

Anyway, I'm a Junior majoring in Computer Science w/ a concentration in game design and development. (I know my math(s)....kinda).

I've done some level design work and  a whole lot of testing along with personal projects.

Right now, because I'm in school and I tend to get really focused on the language I'm currently studying/using most in my classes I can offer my services in the following programming languages:

Python (Pygame or just python if from scratch or whatever module you'd like)

UnityScript/C#

I've recreated Mario in Pygame so I'm fairly familiar with it and python in general but that was a while ago.

I've created several games in Unity3D and mostly use Unitys version of C# for my own stuff although I've used and studied JS before I prefer UnityScript.

To be honest I'm not sure why anything but Unity would be used at this point for small games like this because it just sets up so much of the groundwork for you but there's something to be said for designing your own framework, I understand trust me lol.

TLDR:

Computer Science Student

Able to commit some time to aide jam project/group

Not choosy about project, just happy to be a part of it

Python/C# Proficient

Pixel Art/Some Graphic Design experience

Pygame and Unity3D experience but able to work in other development environments.

Send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you'd like some help! Also, I'm not just a developer, my concentration is both design and development. To be up front  I am probably a designer first, developer second.

I can't program, but I have good mics/recording set up, and I can do voiceovers etc.  That is the limits of contribution abilities, but if people have text they want read in funny voices, I can do that just fine.  Came to this a bit late in the party, but if anyone needs my simple abilities, I would love to help.

2D artists and sound/music folks: hello! I am looking for some help applying the gloss to my wizjam thing, Johann's Baton. That last post there has a playable build and a description of what I'm looking for to take this baby home. If you're looking to help me pump out the jams, I can be found in the IRC chat or I guess this forum thing has a PM feature too!

Cheers! :sombrero:

Hey all. Putting my name in the ring a little late, but sound never gets tacked on until the very end anyway, right?

I'm a composer and sound designer. I'm most comfortable writing ambient, ethereal, minimal music (often good for emotional punches), but I'm capable of most genres of writing if you're in a pinch. With my equipment, I could also offer voice over work or soundscape design. 

A link to my work: https://theaprilfoolschildrenhood.bandcamp.com/

I don't have any specific game-sound experience, so integration will be all in your hands, but if you want a specialized .wav file for your game, send me a message. 

Cheers, and happy jamming :)

I'm more or less done on the programming side of my game, so now I'm looking for some art! If you look at some of the images I've posted in my dev log, you can see that it won't require all that much. A few sprites and a background, really. I don't really have any specific art style in mind, but pixel art may work best with how small/simple the game is. Let me know if you'd like to contribute!

Hey all. I'm looking for someone who can make a short musical interlude based on the ones used in the podcast between ~ep88-99 after the ad reads.

I thought it'd be cool to have an short intro card for my game saying "created for the Idle Thumbs Wizard Jam" and a little jingle to go along with it. 

My original thought was to have it be a chiptune style rendition, but I'm open to whatever.

So yeah, let me know if you're interested in making something :)

I posted more details in my dev log for Eyes of the G-man, but I need help/advice on building intro/outro sequences in Unity. I'm thinking black screens with logos/text.