Sign in to follow this  
Sean

The Idle Thumbs Store

Goodness you lot, it's spelt Idle Vice, because it's an Idle Thumbs t-shirt with a colour scheme reminiscent of Miami Vice, but there is a punny aspect to it because it sounds like "Edelweiss".

Goodness you lot, it's spelt Idle Vice, because it's an Idle Thumbs t-shirt with a colour scheme reminiscent of Miami Vice, but there is a punny aspect to it because it sounds like "Edelweiss".

It was originally spelled Idle Weiss. It was presumably changed because people weren't hip to the joke or something.

It was always Idle Vice. Idle Weiss would be too many steps removed. I think we thought "Idle Vice" was funny for the Miami Vice name substitution, and then doubly good because whenever anyone says it out loud someone says "wait did you just say Edelweiss?"

I think the Idle Vice-Edelweiss confusion just adds to the mystique. Like a good story (or myth) it should change over time. By next year we should all be singing Weiss de Idling with Jan Hammer rockin' an accordion-synthesizer.

Maybe in a post by TychoCelchuuu.

Wasn't it just Chris saying "Idleweiss" lots on the podcast?

I think Black on Black could happen but I wouldn't hold your breath on a bowler shirt...