subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

Hahahaha and like they're looking at the viewer while fighting so it looks like those medieval paintings where everyone's facing forward and posing but doing something impossible strenuous.

Is a PSD ok?

Hahahaha and like they're looking at the viewer while fighting so it looks like those medieval paintings where everyone's facing forward and posing but doing something impossible strenuous.

Is a PSD ok?

Yes

Also quick mockup of Allard with a fucking lightsaber (like 2 minutes)

sI1fW6D.jpg

The amount of money left in my Paypal account this evening is almost exactly enough to cover the 6 canvases I've got picked out, plus the one artist consideration I have yet to send.  

There's just $1 left over, which I will put towards postage for the gift note. It's almost like I planned this fuckin' thing.

The amount of money left in my Paypal account this evening is almost exactly enough to cover the 6 canvases I've got picked out, plus the one artist consideration I have yet to send.  

There's just $1 left over, which I will put towards postage for the gift note. It's almost like I planned this fuckin' thing.

I say, combine Allard and Kotick... with lightsabers.

No large rush here.

I can't recall to what extent it's been mentioned already in this thread, but: You basically fucking rule.

Tiny nitpick that should be easy to fix: There should also be two dots on the 'a' in Weinhandler unless you want to imply Nick's a woman.

This project is amazing, you guys are amazing.

I can't say this enough, subbes. Thank you so much for planning all this. You are awesome!

This is awesome!

Tiny nitpick that should be easy to fix: There should also be two dots on the 'a' in Weinhandler unless you want to imply Nick's a woman.

This project is amazing, you guys are amazing.

Isn't the Die already implying that. Since die is the feminine form of the?

Awesome subbes! That's...an insane amount of consideration. I guess I'm not really surprised that calligraphy is so nuanced but that's granular to a degree I didn't expect!

Kinda unhappy with the medals, but this is the latest iteration of Nick:

j2TjEtz.jpg

Fucking hell that's amazing. About the medallions though - Don't war vets put their medallions on their coat, on the breast? not on the sash? Maybe it's both? I haven't seen that many war vets to be honest. Maybe it's a british thing?

Blambo, I didn't see your Nick before, but now that I've seen it. Stop. You have won the internet. That Nick is FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!

Just listening to the latest podcast. Haha.. Hooooly shit! 

Also, awesome Nick, Blambo!

To the artists and subbes: Just absolutely amazing.

Imagine receiving something like this from a bunch of people you (mostly) haven't met. Just blows my mind. Well done guys. That Remo will be my desktop wallpaper without doubt.

Umm.. is there ANY way the light in the background of the Breckon portrait can be swirled around to say "fuck" from a certain angle, or maybe if you fold the canvas like one of those old MAD magazine fold-ins.. ? :D

God, I'm so excited! subbes, when are you ordering and sending the next batch of artwork? Can't wait to see their reactions.

And the note is sent last, I assume?

Just listening to the latest podcast. Haha.. Hooooly shit! 

They must have snuck a peak into our on goings. They hit it on the head!

I haven't got to that point in the cast yet, but I make it my mission to deduce whether, via conversational steerings, it was Sneak Peek Lord Boost who knew.

Hey, it's Dusk! I Internet-know that guy! Hi Dusk!

Yeah, some sort of hidden "Congrats Nick" would be pretty great. Perhaps something like that anamorphic skull in The Ambassadors, but more subtle. If possible.

Witnessing the first stage of the Weird Thing coming to fruition has been a pure delight.

I know this project is already more than ridiculous enough, but could it be arranged that the Uncles arrive and are opened first, such that it seems like we did exactly what Jake said in the cast? I guess that doesn't really fit with the letter, though (which is an outstanding touch, incidentally).

Also, subbes.. that handwriting is delicous! Do you do this for a living, or something, holy christ!

Beautiful letter, Jake the UI design & font lover will certainly appreciate it. Most Famous Player is missing (?) and speaking of famous, if custom sizes aren't a problem Famous portrait could be cropped to 20"h x 14"w (empty space from both sides off to resemble the baseball card more) but it's fine as it is now too.

Subbs, how long have you been doing calligraphy? That is amazing.

This is the craziest, best thing.  Everybody's so stinking talented!  I can't even begin to imagine what the 15th or 20th anniversary will bring.

I'm going to have to start upping my gifts.  Nerds Rope seems paltry in comparison to all this majesty.