Sign in to follow this  
Zeusthecat

The 'Does this thread exist?' thread

Where does one post general video game news? Or should I make a new thread surrounding that one game's news (which sounds pointless, imo)?

Does that game already have a thread?

No it does not, but to be honest, it's just a quick bit of news. If there isn't a general Video game news thread, I think we should have one. Just compile general release stuff and small info while leaving the big stuff for threads about that game (business stuff I assume goes here)

Where does one post general video game news? Or should I make a new thread surrounding that one game's news (which sounds pointless, imo)?

I would use the thread Gormongous posted above. I've seen plenty of posts about general video game news there.

Well, that seems more atuned to business stuff. Is it fine if I make a General Video game News Thread? A place for release dates, announcements, and previews, perhaps trailers. If someone wants to make a thread specific about a game, I guess one can just redirect to that thread when it's made. 

Ah, I see what you mean. I say go for it. I don't recall ever seeing a general thread showing that type of information.

If it's for a specific game, I think it should go in the game's thread.  The business thread is for larger things that aren't tied to a specific game or franchise, like the Nintendo Let's Play thing.  I don't see why stuff like release dates, trailers, etc. need to be in anything other than that game's thread.  I think that would lead redundant posts, like a trailer being posted in both the "general" thread and the game specific thread.  That's what I think anyway.

If it's for a specific game, I think it should go in the game's thread.  The business thread is for larger things that aren't tied to a specific game or franchise, like the Nintendo Let's Play thing.  I don't see why stuff like release dates, trailers, etc. need to be in anything other than that game's thread.  I think that would lead redundant posts, like a trailer being posted in both the "general" thread and the game specific thread.  That's what I think anyway.

I guess? The thing is, the news I have isn't enough to entice conversation, its just an announcement of an HD remale of a game. But I'll guess I'll do a thread for it, I suppose...

Is there an existing general science thread?  I don't remember ever seeing one. 

is there a classical music thread? I don't like Wrestle's Rave thread.

Please Help

I can't for the life of me find where that taxidermy fox image was posted. I NEED IT. thanks

This is my favorite (spoilered as may be mildly NSFW):

post-33601-0-56549600-1406555076.png

I actually own a disturbing cat-dog taxidermied thing.  I'll take a picture of it later.  We call it Sid Whiskers.  A friend of mine found it in a pawn shop out in Virginia.  But then his girlfriend was so creeped out by it that she wouldn't let him keep it, so he gave it to me. 

Cat-dog?  :wacko:

Hey, I forgot pictures!  Behold, Sid Whiskers! 

post-33601-0-57108600-1406577529_thumb.jpg

post-33601-0-03248800-1406577544_thumb.jpg

I posted that fox and I find all my crappy taxidermy by googling for "crappy taxidermy". I used to follow the similarly named Twitter and Facebook accounts, but it was getting too uncanny for me. Also duncan fyfe likes those if anyone wants to become friends with him to get to Olly Moss.

PS, here's some quality crappy taxidermy, my second favourite ever:

050ccb6fbfa0c389f5179bf70cc87ba8ceac799b