Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

I'm sort of proud on how I killed myself.

At the last minuted I figured that arrow would be blown away and hit me, so I better jump away. Well...

My first day back after a road trip. I did them on the road as well, but with my shitty laptop mic, so they're on my youtube channel if you're interested.

Man I'm screwing up things the last few days.

I'm actually certain I pressed 'jump' but didn't jump. The conclusion I've drawn is that I was stuck in the Mattock-swing animation.

I guess I missed the black market because I visited the haunted thingy. Stupid yeti used me as a tennis ball.

No video unfortunately, but today was my highest scoring run up to now, with over a million being banked! I'm fucking off to enjoy a lavish retirement in the south of France, but before I go I have a pun to share. When I killed myself and revived with the Ankh, my girlfriend remarked that I'd "Ankh'd myself off". Amazing.

D'oh. I forgot about the shop and damaged it.

Started out quite bad but I recovered. But in the end I messed up a jump and the shopkeeper got me anyway.

No video, but on the first time I've ever made it through city of gold and was all set up for Yama, I beat Olmec fairly easily, with a lot of extra bombs up top, and a 1-3 jetpack, and was riding him down to that door, and somehow missed the hit box (although I had the 'Press Z to enter' cue) or it didn't register my keystroke (I about broke my finger pressing it as I sank.), and I rode Olmec down into the lava. I about cried. An Olmec run is pretty rare for me at this point, since I am not terribly good at platformers, and I lack the patience to continue playing a run after I drop below 2 hp or run out of bombs or whatever. I just hate the struggle because its just dexterity for me at this point, and I don't know how to improve. Really, really frustrating run. It was also the first time I died to lava I guess, since I got the journal ding and popup. Ugh.

Didn't bother recording, but today was the... third, I think, time I've ever made it to the Jungle. I am pleased with my Daily run today.