Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Alright, this time I actually recorded my attempt at the Spelunky Daily Challenge:

Be warned: The video has music, that I kind of like, from the selection of free songs YouTube lets you add, because I had trouble recording any audio. So there's some upbeat, out-of-place music that you might want to mute if you're not into that,

You may want to adjust your settings for a better frame-rate. It's hard to watch.

I confused a frontground element with a background element and therefor go too close to a tiki trap in the pitch black market

You may want to adjust your settings for a better frame-rate. It's hard to watch.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean... I probably should have paid a bit more attention to the video quality before uploading... Ah well, to the settings! AWAY!

Oh man, I saw that coming, you were taking so much time in the dark level. Speed is of the essence, especially there!

Well, it didn't help that it was a rather large level, or at least, a long path to the end.

I beat Olmec in a daily again today. I did so badly at the beginning, taking damage from bats and simple spiders. I almost got caught by the ghost in the dark level, and I ended up searching for the exit in the dark while carrying the damsel. Then I just kept gaining momentum, found a bunch of bombs and wrecked Olmec with great confidence.

Also, I went to the mothership (in a regular game) yesterday. It was my second time ever, and boy does it get crazy as shit in there.

Didn't take into account the fall damage. Could have avoided this death.

Pretty tricky and fun daily today (so many close calls!), but I didn't record mine as I'm forgetful. Made it to the mothership, and then got blown up almost instantly by a teeny UFO. Finished with ~130k. 

Edit: Bad luck Hammerpants. This seed had so many spitting cobras!

A very tense jump around 2:04, some tricky work around the ghost in 1-3, and was going quite well until the jungle. A pretty funny mistake at 13:40. I should do these drunk more often.

I'd misread a spoiler about the daily on Twitter but it was a spoiler for PS3 rather than PC, and was slightly disappointed. I talk about it in the video, so if you're playing on vita or PS3, spoiler warning:

Plasma cannon in crate in snakepit on 4-4

I can relate, my 1st jan was absolutely terrible. 2nd of jan wasn't much of an improvement. The moment I hit the fire button I know I did something stupid. At least I died in the jungle and not on 1-2

I messed up the second snake pit really bad. And my attempt to have the idol's ball go below the alter failed too. So I didn't last long in 2-1