Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

I accidentally triggered an off-screen arrow trap which set off a shopkeeper before I was ready to.  I managed to kill the shopkeeper only to flub running away from the ghost.

I didn't check for shops before getting the idol in 1-3. But I managed to escape the shopkeepers, only to fail a stone throw in the black market.

I'm watching Chris play right now, and on 1-3 the guy was on the left side and took the arrow from the trap. That was weird.

I'm watching Chris play right now, and on 1-3 the guy was on the left side and took the arrow from the trap. That was weird.

Now that you mention this, I think that this was a repeat daily.  I remember watching a Nick and Chris stream where that caveman was on the left for one of them and on the right for the other and thinking it was strange at the time.  I can't remember which day it was though.

A lot of close calls, a bunch of screw-ups. In the end, I did ok-ish. Died in 2-3 because my boomerang didn't catch the bat.

I booted up Spelunky on a lark again, and I effing did it! Well, not beat the game, but I brought the key to the mines to the tunnel man at the end of the ice caves! That's incredibly useless since the temple is so ludicrously dangerous is you arrive butt naked, but it's still an accomplishment.

I made a mistake in the black market that almost got me killed.  And then I made a mistake in the black market that got me killed, but it was okay, because, you know, the ankh.  And then the mistakes just kept piling up.

I almost died in 1-1 because of stupid mistakes. I more or less recovered in 1-3 only to simply walk into a spike trap and the end.... I must be new here

It seems like one of the explosive crates in today's challenge was a dud. I watched a drop of blood fly through it.

Fucked up my jump at the end of 2-1 and got killed by the tiki trap after I saved the damsel. Was not needed at all.

Before this, I did a practice run, was doing fine in the ice levels with no cape, jetpack, shotgun, or climbing gloves. Then found most of those in a shop on 3-3, went to the mothership for the first time and died after about 30 seconds.

The boxing daily went really badly though, starting with me unintentionally blowing the floor out of a shop:

I'm defective

Maybe I should do a practice run before I start the daily challenge.

Edit: twitch export is working now.

In retrospect, throwing a rope would have helped tremendously with dealing with that yeti that was blocking the mothership entrance. I made a ton of small mistakes today.

Before this, I did a practice run, was doing fine in the ice levels with no cape, jetpack, shotgun, or climbing gloves. Then found most of those in a shop on 3-3, went to the mothership for the first time and died after about 30 seconds.

The boxing daily went really badly though, starting with me unintentionally blowing the floor out of a shop:

Something I didn't know until I saw it happen in this video: dropping a pot from a height of 1 block doesn't break it.

I failed. I failed big time trying to die. So I cleared the ice caves, and defeated Olmec for the first time

I failed. I failed big time trying to die. So I cleared the ice caves, and defeated Olmec for the first time

Congrats! Doubly impressive considering it was your first time to the temple and you didn't have any items except for the jetpack.

Alright, this time I actually recorded my attempt at the Spelunky Daily Challenge:

Be warned: The video has music, that I kind of like, from the selection of free songs YouTube lets you add, because I had trouble recording any audio. So there's some upbeat, out-of-place music that you might want to mute if you're not into that,

YOU MADE IT!