Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

This seed sucked. Caves where shit, and the jungle was annoying.

This seed sucked. Caves where shit, and the jungle was annoying.

A friend of mine pointed out that the seed is based on the components of the date multiplied together, which accounts for the dupes we've seen in the past (Dec 11 and Nov 12 for example).

So we can look forward to seeing this seed again on Feb 5! Oh boy!

I enjoyed this seed. A lot of things to do. I also did quite well until I killed myself with my new toy. Second time in the temple, and decided to learn stuff.

Yay, beat Olmec again today. That's the third time I've done it in a daily and the fourth one in total. I think it's time to move on and try to play the special levels and/or try to reach Hell. Until now my first priority has mainly been to just beat the basic game.

Today was the first time I got a hold of the sceptre and managed to not kill myself with it. I also thought it was the only thing needed to open the door to the Golden City, but boy was I wrong.

Managed to raid the black market successfully today, using a loose interpretation of Nachimir's advice (thanks for that!). Bombing out the sides to funnel the shopkeeps down certainly helped a lot. They still sometimes manage incredible feats of athleticism and take me off guard, but one can't plan for everything

Elmuerte I can't believe you passed up that jetpack. Anyway I successfully robbed the black market for the first time. I probably used too many bombs in the process since I already had a shotgun, but I was paranoid about it. I made it to the temple before dying and learning a valuable lesson about altars...

I can't believe it myself either, that's why I said something like "I should have gotten that jetpack"

I died real close to where spork armada died. I wish I hadn't blown my last bomb killing a tiki trap on the previous level. (not pictured is the shopkeeper rampaging below the platform where the door is.)

PKg3zx2l.jpg

I wasted the ankh so I decided to start ghosting and go for score. It was going pretty well until i made a... questionable pathing decision.

I really don't get tired of watching people die in Spelunky.  That one was pretty terrific elmuerte. 

"A-ha! I'll surely beat El Muerte today!"

Threw a bomb against a wall instead of jumping. Knocked myself out and blew myself up at the exit to 1-1.

Still beat El Muerte