tegan

Super Smash Bros. (Spoiler: Snake Kills Ganondorf)

Waluigi is an enigma. Wario's desire to mimic Mario, the hero, is an understandable one, but why does Waluigi aspire to be an imperfect copy of poor old second banana Luigi?

...find out in Waluigi's Waluland, coming Q4 2014.

Damn right he's the best character of the entire series!

DAMN RIGHT.

Lucario's back, which is kind of surprising. I thought for sure he'd be cut, given that he only really made it in because it made sense to have a fourth-generation Pokémon when Brawl came out.

t9mnl3s.jpg

This game is hopefully going to be a huge WiiU seller. I'm so excited for this, and i'm praying to the Nintenlords that they take out Starship Emissary. That was awful.

Lucario's back, which is kind of surprising. I thought for sure he'd be cut, given that he only really made it in because it made sense to have a fourth-generation Pokémon when Brawl came out.

I don't think Melee had a 2nd (or was it 3rd) gen pokemon when that came out. I just thought that Lucario was a) stupidly popular and B) a close-enough humanoid pokemon that isn't a creepy fucker. (looking at you Mr. Mime and Jinx)

O no wait, Pichu. My arguement is invalid

Pichu is still the best Pokemon that was ever in a Smash game.

This game is hopefully going to be a huge WiiU seller. I'm so excited for this, and i'm praying to the Nintenlords that they take out Starship Emissary. That was awful.

I forget where the quote is, but they confirmed a while ago that they weren't gonna' do another Subspace Emissary deal.

Now am I wrong to assume you guys play smash mostly as it was intended?

Well, I do sometimes hop around the competitive scene in my area, if thats what you're implying, but even then I still think every Smash game is still fun, casually or not. 

Now am I wrong to assume you guys play smash mostly as it was intended?

99 stock, starting damage set to 999%, knockback set to 2.0, bumpers only.

I more or less didn't want to start talking character match ups or something if y'all are into mostly items and stuff haha 

I think the game is fun both ways.

You can go for, it'd be interesting to hear what somebody who plays the series in that light thinks about the promises being made for the new games, but maybe don't expect somebody to shoot back with an equally detailed retort.

I love mechanical nuance and i love fighting games, but competitive smash is definitely not something i ever got into.

It's been kind of weird seeing Nintendo throw a few bones towards the hardcore crowd with these new games, talking numbers about ledge grab balance changes and stuff, when Nintendo's stance has traditionally been to pretend that scene doesn't exist.

I more or less didn't want to start talking character match ups or something if y'all are into mostly items and stuff haha 

I think the game is fun both ways.

FOX, FD, NO ITEMS

SCRUB

Damnit I thought I might beat your post for once. Also I hope Coach announces literally every move he does because if so I'm never picking anyone else.

So now we have 23 characters. Apparently Sakurai's said there won't be as many this time around compared to Brawl. There were 37 in Brawl. HOW MANY DO WE HAVE LEFT?!

Captain Falcon's obviously coming back, Ganondorf definitely, Ice Climbers yeah, Jigglypuff has to, I wonder if they'll toss out one of Ness or Lucas, Meta Knight will probably come back, Mr. Game & Watch sure, Wario for sure, and Yoshi for sure.

Which makes 32, assuming I'm not out of my gourd here. Not much room for any more new characters, but I'm sure they have at least one or two under their belt. Doubt they'd show all the cards this far out from release. Hmmm. U:

I completely forgot! There's a Smash-focused Nintendo Direct tomorrow at the unusual late hour of 6PM ET (12 AM EU). Excitement!

Did the Wii Punch Out have that cell-shaded-y brushstroke-y style, or was that just to make it look intentionally like SF4 as trolling?

I totally forgot this was on today and had to go back and rewatch a bunch of it. D'oh.

So with the loss of transforming characters, it looks like Ivysaur and Squirtle are gone forever (OnO), but what's up with Kirby? We haven't seen him inhale anyone yet. I'm getting a little concerned.

Also, Greninja seems like a great choice for a new character, but now I can't help but think it's weird that we've got two parts of a Starter Pokémon trinity, but no Grass Starter. Maybe Sceptile will be a secret character or something.

Also: Best:

ocwrPJl.png

Every time I see more about Megaman, I get more excited about playing as him in SSB. I cannot wait.

Also, I'm glad to hear the 3DS version will be released first, since thats the one I'll be getting.

Seems like they're taking online more seriously this time. But still one step too short. Why no in-depth ranking system in such a highly competitive franchise? Seems weird. Doesn't bother me much because I'm garbage at Smash but I know some people who'd fucking love it. Then again: Nintendo. All I really care about is that it's competently done. Brawl's online was a horrific mess.

Also fuck yeah Greninja, best final-evolution-of-starter since Venusaur.

Also Christ there are now four separate pokemon fighters. Five if Jigglypuff shows up, which it BETTER OR ELSE. I always found Charizard and Ivysaur pretty boring in the Pokemon Trainer trifecta, so I'm sad they picked that instead of Squirtle. But not surprised. Charizard's a fucking dragon. EDIT: I guess there were four in both Melee and Brawl, too, so well whatever then!!!

Also weird that they're doing Male Wii Fit Trainer, but not Female Villager. Maybe they'll have that in the end.

Also now we're up to 29 characters.

Also still no Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Wario, or Game & Watch. Those are all the ones I was sure would come back. Who knows. And maybe Meta Knight, but who knows. WHO KNOWS.