Sign in to follow this  
sclpls

Incognita

Well this looks promising.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/02/dont-starve-dev-on-its-espionage-xcom-incognita/

The developers are still being tight-lipped, but this definitely is going to hit a lot of sweet spots for people. It sounds like starting with the recent XCOM as a base, but they are trying to address some of the shortcomings with the game by having randomly generated maps, and keeping the emphasis on informational awareness so you don't have the conservative tactical game play of "move to cover, go to overwatch, repeat".

If they can have create the tense atmosphere of a Jean-Pierre Melville flick I am going to be delighted.

Awe. Some.

I'm sold. Klei is awesome. Shank wasn't very good and I didn't play Shank 2, but Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve are both fantastic. (Eets (or maybe it was Eetz?) was okay, though!)

I'm not super familiar with the developer as I've only played Mark of the Ninja, but they got so much right about doing a stealth game that I definitely believe they probably have some great ideas to bring to the table for this concept.

Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja are both excellent games, so Klei deserve my support, even if I'm a bit meh about the whole espionage thing.

Super HOT. Would buy Alpha access, but alas it is only for Windows.

God, I love that art style!

Oh yeah, that game. I think I saw it at PAX. Unfortunately, no one I was watching could play it worth a damn.

Just seen a tweet from Mike Rose who's been playing and filming the alpha build

LOL like 4 minutes from the end he discovers one character has a "click to sneak" action.

So they changed the name of the game to Invisible Inc.

It's a fine pun, but I preferred the name Incognita so I'm a little bummed about this.

I was aware of the name change but I didn't realize it was a pun until it was pointed out and now I feel ashamed.

Also I may be weird but I'm more excited and interested in this game than I ever was in XCOM. Also I've owned XCOM since Bioshock Infinite came out (when I got it as a preorder bonus) and still haven't played it. So that says a lot about me I guess.

To sum: I want this game.

Ooooooooooooooh invisible INK

The fact that this game is percedually generated bums me out, I don't care about longevity, I only want to play through your game once. I want well designed crafted levels of increasing challenge

It works for the likes of xcom, because it's a war zone. But a buildings security.... Random? Obviously I'm thinking too literally about this and I'm forgetting that it's a video game meant to be played for fun

Would Mark of the ninja have been better with randomly generated levels? Would gunpoint have been better with randomly generated levels?

Give me a well designed, BESPOKE ;) campaign and keep your random generation for score mode

I knew someone would write that :) yes, I know the difference.

You're all terrified of robots taking over the world, but you've already let them in! They're procedurally generating your entertainment, what's next? Procedurally 3d printing your meals based on your google search history