Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I was lucky and had a full set for Gracie's first visit, but I only have three items in some categories, will that be enough? I can't find a full ornate or modern set. :|

By the way, now that I have a police station I can ask Cooper to know if there is anybody around, not only didn't I find out that you can have TWO special visitor at the same time, but yesterday he never told me Redd was visiting.

I remember someone here telling me that if you go into the museum where there are tarantulas and scorpions they fight, but it seems the beetles fight too! Awesome! XD

I was lucky and had a full set for Gracie's first visit, but I only have three items in some categories, will that be enough? I can't find a full ornate or modern set. :|

You're fine as long as the majority of your outfit matches the theme. The most important thing is that you don't have a clashing combination (like Rock'n'Roll mixed with formal). You can even retry it as long as you don't clash.

IMPORTANT: there's a Pumpkin Pie DLC item available at Nintendo Zone locations. Today is the last day for it (it switches to a different thing tomorrow), but Nintendo didn't send out an email alert about it until just today (or at least to me, and I haven't heard anything else about it elsewhere either). It's something that CAN'T be bought through the catalogue, so go get it if you want it. The Best Buy Router trick works if you'd rather do it at home.

So I finally got this today and have been playing and was super stoked because I paid off my house and planted a perfect peach tree. Then I came here and reread the whole thread from the start and saw how much cooler everyone else's places are. I guess in a month or two I'll have something cool to contribute here, but in the meantime if you want to add me I'm 4570-7799-3199

TheLastBaron and SecretAsianMan, sounds like you guys are about as far in as I am so maybe we can help each other out while we are catching up to everyone else. Personally, I'm in no hurry so I'm going at a fairly slow pace right now and don't plan to start trading fossils and other stuff until I've collected a decent amount on my own. Progress-wise, I just unlocked the Streetpass stuff and got to the point where I can build public works projects. I'll post my code in here shortly.

Edit: 3368-1875-6547

I'm posting this in case anybody didn't know this and cares about the Happy Room Academy.

It seems August is the best month for "lucky" items that give you 7.777 points since we have the fireworks (three of them), all the cicadas, even the shell, the snakehead, Napoleon fish and the sweetfish all give 7.777 points each.

I only had the fireworks, but I'll know by tomorrow if the rest work too, if so, this would be the easiest month to get 100.000 HRA points, 150.000 points even!

I finally got all the Redd's Cookie prizes!

Yaaaay!

EDIT: and apparently I hit 100,000 points with the HHA the other day and didn't even realize it

You wouldn't happen to have any extra Ultra Hands, would you? I never managed to get one of those, and I have too many of pretty much everything else.

Don't tell me Redd's prizes when timed exlcusives too? I found out too late that you could get a different hat each time you visited the fireworks show and only got a few of Redd's prizes, none of them seemed that special.

You wouldn't happen to have any extra Ultra Hands, would you? I never managed to get one of those, and I have too many of pretty much everything else.

Pretty sure I have a spare.

Don't tell me Redd's prizes when timed exlcusives too? I found out too late that you could get a different hat each time you visited the fireworks show and only got a few of Redd's prizes, none of them seemed that special.

I only got three of the hats, but yeah. Most of the prizes are actually pre-Famicom Nintendo toys (the Ten Billion Barrel; Ultra Hand, Scope, and Machine; and Love Tester), which is super rad to me and helped fill up my museum's second-floor Nintendo exhibit.

Guys, does anybody have access to a cabin bookcase? I need one to complete the set and I need to complete the set before the month is over and I lose all the HRA points fro August items. 

At what point do you unlock streetpass functionality?  Is it time dependent?  Or do I have to meet some other criteria?  I'd like to get there before PAX, which means I have about 3 more days.

Isabelle's brother Digby should appear in your town around today or tomorrow now that you have a house. Talk to him and he'll set you up for streetpassing.

I was asking about for help getting HRA points and someone just gave me two pieces of furniture to complete my set! I'm sure to get the points now, he had a beautifully landscaped city to boot! I wish I had taken some pics.

As nice as this guy was, I could tell he felt a bit unsure at first and wouldn't take his eyes off me, but it felt wrong to just take the furniture without taking a tour of the town. 

I think I'm finally starting to get into the meat of the game.  My approval rating finally hit 100% (about time jerks) and today I'll be able to do my first public works project (a much needed bridge).  I've activated the Streetpass function and gotten the second expansion on my house.  I've also gained access to the island and I'm starting to get new townsfolk.  Unfortuantely with PAX coming up, I don't think I'll be able to check in for a bit.  Hopefully my town can withstand a few days of neglect.

Well, with the Streetpass function, you should be able to get a ton of homes in the HRA Showcase thing, which is neat since you can buy the furniture of the homes showcased!

I finally hit over 150K in the HRA challenge, so I started the theme challenge, I didn't know it only had to be one room, which will make things easier.

I don't know if this was mentioned before but if you find a giant clam sell, you get Reese's husband to turn it into a music box if you have a tune in your inventory, which is pretty neat.

And today I had a staggering THREE special villagers, one in the tent, Gulliver and Phineas the badge guy.

I don't know if this was mentioned before but if you find a giant clam sell, you get Reese's husband to turn it into a music box if you have a tune in your inventory, which is pretty neat.

Cool, I didn't know that.  He's still sleeping for me though.

Is the HRA Showcase thing only populated by Streetpass, or does it go through the internet too?  I was looking at it last night and there's one in there, even though I haven't Streetpassed with anyone yet.

Also, I dig the little songs Kapp'n sings while taking me to the island, but I felt guilty for telling him to hurry up because Re-Tail was closing soon and I had to sell my crap.

Is the HRA Showcase thing only populated by Streetpass, or does it go through the internet too?  I was looking at it last night and there's one in there, even though I haven't Streetpassed with anyone yet.

It's a feature they added for the US version; you're picking up Spotpass (internet) houses from Nintendo of America employees.

Before I forget, does anyone have either the box sofa or the box corner sofa? I've still never seen a single one for sale and I really want t make a sectional.

Also, I dig the little songs Kapp'n sings while taking me to the island...

Yes! This is one of my favorite things in this game.

One of my villagers keeps calling me a beach bum. I'm thinking I might kick his ass right out of town if he keeps that shit up.

Also, can you make all of your villagers adopt the same catchphrase? If so they will all be saying "Neeeerd!" to anyone who talks to them (somehow that doesn't bother me as much as "beach bum"). 

Sometimes the nickname catches one and everybody uses eventually, although many will ask if they can before doing it, other times you can ask them what to call you or they'll give you a suggestion.

Did you have a visitor? Maybe they taught him that? Although it might just be their personality.

Which reminds me, I'm not sure, but I think the "problematic citizen" thing is only for resetting catchphrases, nicknames and clothes, in case somebody gave them something offensive.