Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

The sharks are difficult. I tend to turn the volume up for those because of the shortened nibbling time and bait-plop audio cue. Took a while to realize that you could sneaking at slower speeds in order to catch the rarer and more valuable bugs.

I wonder what Reese does with all those bugs. Does she secretly send them all to Nat the Chameleon?

I figured the sneaking thing out almost right away, so I usually don't have too much of a problem with that, except when I run up to a tree from behind and can't see the bug on it until after it flies away.

I usually try to use the sound of the lure when catching fish, but a lot of the time when I play Animal Crossing I'm watching/listening to something else so I have the sound turned off and have to rely on the visual cue.  This is probably the root of my problem.

Well, I finally have access to the fully upgraded store with Gracie and... WOW, her stuff is EXPENSIVE! 

Every item seems to be 80-120.000 bells MINIMUM, what I thought would give a breath of fresh air might be the final nail in the coffin for the game... sure, I have 5 million in the back, but with these prices I'll be poor in a week! 

It also made me notice one annoying thing about remodeling your house, since Gracie is selling sweet's themed furniture I know what to make my house a candy one, the problem is... I have to wait AGES until something candy related appears in the house remodeling place. I've yet to see the sweets fence... I really wish it had a catalog like the store did.

I've heard some items go for over a million bells at Gracie's... ugh... I almost don't want to play anymore...

This is a bit of a throwback request but does anyone have a Parasaurus Tail going spare?

I have one and a half dozen fossils and a Valiant Statue up for grabs. If no-one wants to give them a loving home, they'll be sold to Reese tonight! Nook's gotta get paid yo.

Fossil list:

Ankylo tail
Apato skull
Archelon torso
Diplo chest
Dimetrodon torso
Iguanodon tail
Ichthyo skull
Mammoth torso
Megacero skull
Megacero tail
Pachysaurus torso
Styraco torso
Styraco tail
Spino skull
T. rex tail
Tricera skull

I started hoarding fossils when I found out they could be turned into mini fossils that can actually fit in your room, I'll come back later when i have a list of the ones I have in my inventory, because I haven't seen Redd in ages and I want that statue! XP

I have:

-Apato Tail

-Iguanadon Torso

-Dinosaur Egg

-T. Rex Torso

-Parasaur Skull

-Spino Skull

-Pachysaurus Skull

-Aparo torso

-Diplo skull

-Trilobyte

-Stego skull

I already made a mammoth and a raptor, if I made another I'd just stay in my closet forever, or until I quit the game for good. The only one I kinda want to complete is the T-rex one, you can have the one I don't need?

Are we friends on Steam? It's probably the easiest way to check if one of is online, and probably a better chat system that the touch screen on the 3DS. XP

I finally got a legit piece of art from Redd, so that wing of my museum is no longer totally empty.  Funding the second floor is my next project, once I get this lighthouse built.  I don't have time for trips to the island though, so getting the necessary bells could take a while.

Well, I think I just figured out Gracie's store, the items are VERY expensive, but they are in the same style for the whole month? I was lucky that the first month I got seems to be only the sweets set... which has cost half of what I had in the bank. I really don't know what else I can do...

Tegan, are you still playing? I feel like I'm the only who's still playing from day one. :|

Well, I think I just figured out Gracie's store, the items are VERY expensive, but they are in the same style for the whole month? I was lucky that the first month I got seems to be only the sweets set... which has cost half of what I had in the bank. I really don't know what else I can do...

Tegan, are you still playing? I feel like I'm the only who's still playing from day one. :|

I'm still playing and have been since day one. Lots of days, I just do routine maintenance. Water flowers, pick weeds, dig up fossils, etc. I don't have Gracie's store yet and haven't completely upgraded my house. However, even though the day to day had become somewhat mundane, there are holiday events to look forward to. I've been collecting pieces to use as costumes on Halloween since day one. I need to organize them all as outfits so that I can change quickly on Halloween. If you have enough outfits and candy, you can get the whole set of Halloween furniture in one night. Also, Christmas is coming up, with another furniture set. One thing I've done in the past at this point in the game, when everything is mostly finished, is start a new character in my town. Then, I have more storage space, have two homes to decorate, and I usually make my second character the opposite sex so that they can wear different kinds of clothes.

One thing I intend to do when I get enough extra bells, etc. is go to the international islands and give gifts of bells, wetsuits or clothing pieces (especially rare wetsuits and Gracie clothing) to players who are new to the game. Or if you see someone trying to get enough medals to buy an item, buy it for them. I had quite a few Japanese players do that for me when I first started playing and it was a really nice gesture that I appreciated and would like to pass along. :)

Yup; I'm just kind of a butt about it. I play for maybe a half-hour in the middle of the night. I just passed the "Beautiful Town" Ordinance in case I finally forget to log on to water my flowers, though.

I have a bunch of fossils if anyone needs:

sabertooth torso

diplo tail

mammoth torso

dimetrodon skull

dimetrodon tail

parasaur skull

dinosaur egg

iguanodon torso

ankylo tail

apato tail

styraco torso

stego tail

spino tail

pachy tail

archaeopteryx

pachy skull

shark tooth

T. rex torso

dinosaur track

fern fossil

tricera skull

iguanodon torso

parasaur skull

amber

stego torso

styraco skull

apato torso

tricera torso

archelon torso

diplo hip

iguanodon skull

ankylo skull

Also, I have the following fruits and still need all others:

oranges

pears

mangoes

apples

coconuts

cherries

lemons

peaches

Gracie finally made her first appearance, which means I can no longer delay sorting my accumulated clothing into fashion categories, getting rid of the surplus, and making room for more STUFF. Ugghhhh. (But also nerd-yay)

Zeus, I have lychees, durian, and also a perfect apple which I really should turn into a tree so that you can have one of its fruit.

Will come back later with an updated fossil list for swapsies.

You will get a special prize from her if you pass the test "perfectly" as in having ALL clothes items in the same category.

By the way, perfect fruits only grow in their native town, if your town has apples, you can have perfect apples and they should only grow as perfect fruits in towns where apples are native...

Hmm, I don't think I have pears, but I just got my first persimmon and bamboo, so I'll be able to share them soon!

Gracie finally made her first appearance, which means I can no longer delay sorting my accumulated clothing into fashion categories, getting rid of the surplus, and making room for more STUFF. Ugghhhh. (But also nerd-yay)

Zeus, I have lychees, durian, and also a perfect apple which I really should turn into a tree so that you can have one of its fruit.

Will come back later with an updated fossil list for swapsies.

Cool. I'll probably get on tonight sometime around 9-10 Arizona time, hopefully sooner. I'll add you if I haven't already.

Today is the final bug-off... and I just found out that the bug-off chameleon is the only one who gives out the golden net, which means there is no way to get a golden net without time traveling or waiting a whole year... yikes!

Thanks for the fruit Justin. Your town is way cooler than mine and your animals were all super nice to me. Unlike my stupid animals who think it's cute to call me a beach bum.

Thanks Zeus and thanks for the tour!

One of my animals just decided to move out so perhaps I'll get one of your beach bums in return.

Of course, now that you kindly gave me samples from all your trees, I'm now chopping everything down and starting all over again with foreign fruits. Industry!

My museum's second floor opened up today.  I grabbed a silver shovel and fishing rod from it.  Now all I need is a silver watering can to complete the set.

Edit: Oh, I guess need a silver axe too.

I think I'm officially quitting the game for "reals" this time, after waiting for ages to get a visit from Redd, the only thing he had that I didn't own yet, (which is ridiculous, since I barely have anything) was a fake...

For the last few days I haven't even spoken to my villagers... They seem so robotic now. 

I've had a good run, I got a golden watering to show how beautiful my town looks, I got all the fossils, I got all the Happy Room Academy awards and my house looks nice except for the attic which I don't know what to do with...

The diving is ridiculously tedious, I'm never getting all the bugs and fish I'm missing without time travelling... I just can't think of a reason to go on playing. A part of me is torn and sad, but at the same time, I'm not sure why, is it because I'm quitting or because the game isn't engaging me anymore? I won't miss the villagers seems they have "personalities" in the end they are all the same, they say the same things only a little different depending on their personality.

I dunno, maybe I'll fish a little every once in a while since it's a bit relaxing, but I really think I'm done with the game. I also felt bad since it seems I'm the only one who doesn't seem to enjoy it as much anymore, but playing it just because the rest are is just silly.