Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

When do you guys open your gates/look for places to visit? I'd like to visit other towns or invite people over. Though mine isn't very exciting yet; I don't get to play too often cause of work, which also makes the hours I play kind of weird. 

I'm trying to keep my gate open and check for faraway destinations every so often but it does stop you from conducting important mayorly activities such as wasting your assistant's time and adding a crucial pixel ir two to the town flag.

Like you I find my town progress relatively slow, especially in comparison to some of our more advanced Thumbs' formidable accomplishments, but on the other hand it's nice that ACNL is so well suited to a few minutes here and there.

Onto more important business:

Have we had any ACNL Thumb Party Nights yet? Shall we? Super Island Fun Tiems?

Yeah, that does sound like a good idea..

I didn't realized that the new room you added could be expanded too, I guess I'll be paying loans for a while longer. I might actually try to make the house more "real" and make one room a kitchen and another a bathroom, but I only have a fridge. :|

That's a fair point! On the subject of house extensions, I wish you could have a separate holiday home by the beach. I've just had my first house extension done and kind of wish I'd perfected the small living space look. Bigger is not always better, right? Another of Tom Nook's lies.

When do you guys open your gates/look for places to visit? I'd like to visit other towns or invite people over. Though mine isn't very exciting yet; I don't get to play too often cause of work, which also makes the hours I play kind of weird.

We have to exchange friend codes and then you still can't just join someone already playing because of having to open the gate. You can either leave a note here asking if anyone wants to play and keep checking back while you're playing to see if anyone wants to, OR, when you're playing with someone, you can click a heart by their name to make them a "best friend". If you both make each other best friends AND you both turn ON the feature to message best friends, THEN you can just send each other messages while you are playing and ask each other to open gates, etc. Once you find someone you like playing with, that's the easiest way to arrange playing together. I also play strange hours. I'll be happy to add you to my friend list. Just please don't do damaging things like chop down trees, run a lot, etc. I will do the same for you. :) We spend so much time making our towns like we want them, it's a little scary letting people we don't know run around in them. I'm hoping to make some more "best friends" so it'll be easy to get to each other's towns. If anybody else wants to get in on the "best friends" circle, maybe we could get a group together that will respect each other's towns and just all have fun playing and trading together!

Justin Leego

Today, 03:45 PM

That's a fair point! On the subject of house extensions, I wish you could have a separate holiday home by the beach. I've just had my first house extension done and kind of wish I'd perfected the small living space look. Bigger is not always better, right? Another of Tom Nook's lies.

Also, you can make a new character to make your holiday cottage. You can visit it as your main character, but obviously all the main work has to be done by the new character. However, I've done this in the past and you can either mail items between characters, or you can dig a hole and bury items for each other. Then just dig up and use them. Doesn't work for fish, bugs, etc. but does for furniture, money, clothes, tools, etc. So like if you don't really want to play with the new character, making money, etc., just have your main character bury money, furniture, etc for the new character. Then the new character can pay off loans and decorate the holiday cottage for your main character to use.

Let me know if you want to exchange FCs. :)

Ok thank you, Cubby!

And don't worry I understand the time it takes to get towns looking the way we want. I will do my best to be very careful. And to be honest I don't even own an axe so you don't have to worry about that. I'm also glad to know you take precautions like this it means you will be careful in other peoples towns as well.

Aha! Of course. I will think about whether my town would be further morally compromised by having its second human character acting as an out-of-sight slave of the first.

I think we already friended each other the other night from within New Leaf.

Justin: Three little words that may help you decide the guilt is worth it:

TWICE THE STORAGE

And if you decide you're comfortable with that, you can keep going and max out with the four houses and four times the storage. I've personally never done more than two and I didn't play the second one as a completely out of sight slave. I made my second character a boy, so I could have a house with all the robot, sci-Fi stuff and let him wear all the cute boy clothes. I never played him as extensively as my main character, though. WAY too much time involved to do that. It's just a matter of how much time you want to take away from playing your main character to play the new one. You can choose anywhere from out of sight slave to equally developed. I also usually don't get into the second character until my interest in the first starts waning. :)

I'm usually around somewhere between 7 and 11 PM Pacific time on weekdays, and basically random times on weekends. I usually don't open my gate unless it's something that was arranged beforehand on the forums or something (just because I feel like I don't really know how to entertain guests, and I'm usually in the middle of harvesting fruit or decorating my house or going back and forth from the island or something), but I do occasionally check for available towns if I get bored. But yeah, if we do visit each other I'll be happy to add you as a BFF and then you can just message me if you want me to open the gate.

Life would be a lot easier if you could just message anybody who's on your friends list. Just getting to that point is already way more complicated than it needs to be. Oh, Nintendo.

Nintendo's response to people requesting a messaging system on the 3DS was Swapnote, something wildly impractical for the reasons people were requesting a messaging system.

That's how Nintendo rolls.

As for visits, if you just want to see somebody's town, the Dream Suite is the easiest way about it. (Hey! Hey! My town's Dream Suite address is 5200 - 2247 - 7018. I just uploaded an updated version!)

For actual in-person fun & games, i'm also on pacific time and run similar hours, we should try to get together a group for some mini-games on the island or something.

Oooh my coworker has 468 bells per turnip today.

It ain't the highest I've seen but... Gonna be RIIIIIICH. 2 bells under five times as much as I paid.

I sold mine yesterday for like 182 and a coworker today has 310. I hate the stalk market.

Ok thanks, Shammack

I'm more than happy to arrange a time with you. The earlier on your end the better for me. What day will work for you?

I got turnips for 644 bells Friday last week. Was able to get over 7 million in tips!

Twiglet, what time zone are you in? I'm on the east coast and have nite owl ordinance. I usually play some everyday, but the amount of time and the time of day I play varies based on my schedule. If we can work out a time to play, then we can at least get on each other's BFF list. Then, when we're both playing it'll be easy to get together. :)

I got turnips for 644 bells Friday last week. Was able to get over 7 million in tips!

Do you mean "tips" as in people pay you to let them come sell turnips at your shop for a high price? I never thought if that...if people are willing to do that, then I guess I'll have to pay more attention to what they're selling for...

Twiglet, what time zone are you in? I'm on the east coast and have nite owl ordinance. I usually play some everyday, but the amount of time and the time of day I play varies based on my schedule. If we can work out a time to play, then we can at least get on each other's BFF list. Then, when we're both playing it'll be easy to get together. :)

I'm on the East Coast too :) I play in the evenings a decent amount and early in the morning. And it sounds like getting the BFF status would help a lot. I'm willing to arrange for a time/day the first time. Thursday and Friday won't work this week but any other day should be fine.

Oh I guess I should have specified weekdays: 9-10 AM and somewhere around 8 PM to when I feel like stopping.

Weekends are more random somewhere between 9-11 AM and anytime throughout the day.

If I don't catch you tonight, it may be Monday night or Tuesday before I can get online. I travel for work and I can never tell if I'll be able to get my system to connect to the wifi in the hotels. Some even say they are a Nintendo zone and it still doesn't seem to work. Anyway, I know you said not Thursday, but I'm off tomorrow, so if we could arrange just a few minutes Thurs later in the afternoon or sometime in the evening, we don't have to do anything but one of us go to the other's town long enough to click on the BFF and message system and we'll be done. If that's not possible, I'll try to get online at my hotels over the weekend and just try to catch you on here. If none of that works, I can definitely do it on Tuesday, we'll just have to work out a time we can both be there. ::whew:: Shammack is right, Nintendo doesn't make this very easy. :)

Do you mean "tips" as in people pay you to let them come sell turnips at your shop for a high price? I never thought if that...if people are willing to do that, then I guess I'll have to pay more attention to what they're selling for...

Yep! I only had the game for five days at that point and so never had the opportunity to buy turnips for myself. People generally tip well, some better than others... GAF tends toward the extremely generous, while gamefaqs varies. Definitely worth keeping an eye on the prices!

It can take a lot of time and gets pretty tiring so if it wasn't for the tips I wouldn't have bothered. And the stream of people that want in is nearly endless, hah, good thing the shops close at some point.

My first week of turnip-turning has revealed only the most horrible of prices, but I do have apples for anyone that is in the "ooh what fruits do you have" phase.

I haven't got any other fruits yet. Mercantile skills yoooo!

If anybody's Re-tail ever offers bounties on apples, that is actually noteworthy to me.

I could probably make a million or so off of that.

Perfect fruit is serious business!

post-8283-0-07891500-1373556530.jpg

Way to build your house in the most inconvenient spot in the town, Rod! I can't wait to run into it and have to walk around every time I'm walking along the edge of the lake or coming back from the beach, and also to not be able to fish in a large portion of the lake.

You haven't even moved in yet and I already hate you.