Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

You could always start again when you reach 987, which is the 16th number in the Fibonacci sequence.

Or you could just create a new account, SuperExponentialMan. Or SuperFibonacciMan. Your choice.

Lately, when we put a show on for our son, he has been insisting on The Lion King or Mr. Peabody and Sherman every single time. I have seen the intro to those two movies now a disgusting amount of times. And The Circle Of Life has been running through my head in a loop for days now. Damn those kids movies and their catchy tunes that burn into your brain and never ever leave.  :oldman:  :oldman:  :oldman:

Based on oeis.org, I propose that SMB should use 701, 1013, 1063, 1151..., the sequence of primes whose decimal representation is a valid number in base 8 and interpreted as such is again a prime.

It was really hard to find a sparse and not completely arbitrary sequence including 701.

Lately, when we put a show on for our son, he has been insisting on The Lion King or Mr. Peabody and Sherman every single time. I have seen the intro to those two movies now a disgusting amount of times. And The Circle Of Life has been running through my head in a loop for days now. Damn those kids movies and their catchy tunes that burn into your brain and never ever leave.  :oldman:  :oldman:  :oldman:

Try and sneak on the old Mr. Peabody cartoons and see if he notices?

I'd rather throw on some classic Tom and Jerry episodes. That is one show that never gets old for me.

Play the games, then perhaps you can debate which insults suit them better  :P

Tomorrow is Pi day (provided you use the month/day/year date format).  On top of that, it will be an especially accurate Pi day at 9:26:53 (or 9:26:54 if you want to round).

Funnily enough Pi day happens to be Einstein's birtday

mine too, actually

This might spiral out into conspiracy nut territory but I think Google has given Chrome a purposefully shitty spell-check that constantly misidentifies common words as misspelled so people will Google the correct way to spell it and boost ad revenue.

iel92h.png

Usually, like this example, if you right-click the word it doesn't offer a different spelling of "mundanites" but some word that's way out there, like "municipalities". 

I constantly deal with this.

EDIT:

2rote1x.png

ARGH GO TO HELL.

Just found out from Bogost's article that (original I think) Sim City has a max tax rate of 20%. That's mad, I'm paying more than that on my basic entry level salary and if I earned twice as much I'd be paying double.

His article, for context.

http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/03/video-games-are-better-without-characters/387556/

I've seen the usual goober drivel every article even mentioning GG without the required deference gets, but Progressive Video Games Twitter has also been pretty offended by it, but for reasons I can't really figure out; I just see lots of side eye and subteeeting. Does anyone have any good reaction articles? I don't want to dive into random twitter conversations for fear of sea lioning.

Edit: o i c

Just found out from Bogost's article that (original I think) Sim City has a max tax rate of 20%. That's mad, I'm paying more than that on my basic entry level salary and if I earned twice as much I'd be paying double.

City taxes though, or federal taxes?

This might spiral out into conspiracy nut territory but I think Google has given Chrome a purposefully shitty spell-check that constantly misidentifies common words as misspelled so people will Google the correct way to spell it and boost ad revenue.

iel92h.png

Usually, like this example, if you right-click the word it doesn't offer a different spelling of "mundanites" but some word that's way out there, like "municipalities". 

No, I'm certain that's totally real. It drives me up the wall too, and it seems to be mostly adverbial and plural forms of commonly understood but not used words. It's juuust good enough for it to not be a constant pain, but that often enough that I'm sure that use case generates at least some revenue. 

I don't know, actually. What are the differences in practice?

Generally, the income taxes that are due in a few weeks are federal taxes, and they generally amount to 25% or more of your income taken straight off the top before the money is ever handed to you. Additionally, you might need to pay state income taxes depending on what state you're in, that are totaled the same way and also due mid April. County/city level taxes generally are made up of sales tax or property tax, part of which is taken by the state and part of which is kept locally, as well as things like school levies, parking tickets, licenses, etc.

Here in Seattle, our Sales tax is around 10%, and we have this weird thing called the B&O tax that grabs up to another 2% from industries and commercial businesses, So I guess around 12% (but of course,that money doesn't all go to the city and blah blah blah)

Edit: This all assumes that you're talking about the US of course.

In Canada, city taxes are basically just property taxes, except for a few allowances in big cities like Toronto where they have the power to institute gas taxes and liquor taxes, but in practice don't really.