tegan

Pokémon X and Y

Oooh, PETA taking on McDonalds, what a surprise.

(Sorry. I'm not a fan of PETA and I find these pokemon "games" kind of disturbing.)

Oooh, PETA taking on McDonalds, what a surprise.

(Sorry. I'm not a fan of PETA and I find these pokemon "games" kind of disturbing.)

No need to apologize, I'm right there with ya.  I played it for about 3 minutes before I couldn't stand any more.

Spoiler: The final boss is Ronald McDonald, and when he's defeated you unmask him and he's "McDonald's CEO".

Also Grimace was a mutated Pokemon designed by McDonalds to sell hamburgers? And isn't used in advertising anymore because they can just use the more popular Pokemon...

oh god, the eshop servers are being destroyed right now

EDIT: IT'S DOWNLOOOOAAAAADIIIIIIIING EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So Tegan, are you collecting Pokémon from Black & White to transfer them to X/Y? I don't even know if I still my cart of Black lying around, but it looks like I will have to find find it for Pokémon Global Link.

I forgot my password and it seems it need the ID of the player from Black, does this mean I'll have to create a new account for my X character? Frankly, I don't even remember what PGL does.

Played an hour so far caught 

]Pikachu, Pidgie, Pansage, Pansear, and a few other new ones

I love how it doesn't seem to be completely babying me. 

I am rubbing a Charizard's belly... *manly tears of joy*

I also did my first Digi-MEGA-Volution and it was kinda cool, I'll soon see Charizard's one though. Too bad these only last one battle, so I can't rub a mega-Charizard's belly, but I get to pet a T-rex, which is also cool.

So Tegan, are you collecting Pokémon from Black & White to transfer them to X/Y? I don't even know if I still my cart of Black lying around, but it looks like I will have to find find it for Pokémon Global Link.

I forgot my password and it seems it need the ID of the player from Black, does this mean I'll have to create a new account for my X character? Frankly, I don't even remember what PGL does.

Yeah, I want to have a complete Pokédex when Bank rolls around so that I'll have everything ready to go for future generations. Global Link is the Dream World stuff, and there's a new X/Y version coming soon, if I recall correctly.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

• I know that this is a dumb thing to say right off the bat, but it is fucking weird that Pikachu and ONLY Pikachu has a new cry.
  • Shauna is adorable and I want to hug her.
  • Super Training is a fantastic idea.
  • I love the variety of Pokémon available to me already.
  • The PSS is the best. I just traded with someone on my friend list first thing. No Union room bullshit. No long process of "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO TRADE THE GUY FOR THE THING."
  • Some random dude in Japan challenged me to a battle and I'm fighting him RIGHT NOW whoa holy poop
  • ROLLY SKATES
  • it's weird that I apparently can't turn the roller skates off
  • I'm so glad that L=A is back.

<p>

Yeah, I want to have a complete Pokédex when Bank rolls around so that I'll have everything ready to go for future generations. Global Link is the Dream World stuff, and there's a new X/Y version coming soon, if I recall correctly.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

• I know that this is a dumb thing to say right off the bat, but it is fucking weird that Pikachu and ONLY Pikachu has a new cry.
  • Shauna is adorable and I want to hug her.
  • Super Training is a fantastic idea.
  • I love the variety of Pokémon available to me already.
  • The PSS is the best. I just traded with someone on my friend list first thing. No Union room bullshit. No long process of "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO TRADE THE GUY FOR THE THING."
  • Some random dude in Japan challenged me to a battle and I'm fighting him RIGHT NOW whoa holy poop
  • ROLLY SKATES
  • it's weird that I apparently can't turn the roller skates off
  • I'm so glad that L=A is back.

I read if you use the dpad you won't us roller skates.

Currently vacationing at an onsen resort so Pokemon will have to wait until I get home tomorrow, haha.

I figured out the d-pad thing eventually. Dohohoho.

I just spent like half an hour editing my goofy little ten-second PR video. I want a game that's just this.

But Tegan, have you patted a Pokémons head yet? It's so amazing to see their reactions! Lucario is just... I accept this gesture... it please me human! I can't wait to pet a legendary! XD

This game seems so generous, they gave me HM Fly just after the 4th badge? It seems too early, or is my memory failing me?

It feels weird starting the game and seeing pokemon I already know. I mean you usually see basically the same pokemon, like some bird some rodent some bug, but I'm so used to everything being new.

I guess Black was pretty forgettable, because apart from Pidgey and Caterpies, the other stuff I saw in the first area felt new to me. :|

XRwxZio.jpg

I can't fucking believe this

(also I love that one of the early Youngsters has dialogue that references "shorts are comfy and easy to wear")

EDIT: also, is anyone picking Fennekin solely because it's The Wizard?

Guys, there's a place called the Battle Chateau where you fight to earn titles of nobility. I'm a Baroness right now.

You can be Baron Baron.

You must be Baron Baron.

EDIT: also, is anyone picking Fennekin solely because it's The Wizard?

I was pretty evenly torn between the starters but this fact tipped the scales in favor of Fennekin. I almost named him The Wizard but then I decided against it.