darthbator

Return of the Steam Box!

Have any of the devs in here tried adding Steam controller support to your games? Is that something that is fairly easy to do?

Firewatch seemed to have good Steam Controller support. Don't know about the already mentioned native support though.

Bought a controller because of the Steam sale.  When it arrives I will never bother to plug it into my laptop and use it. B) B) B)

I got a Steam Link for £16 and, predictably, my current set-up can't really handle it over wireless. PC issues aside, does anyone have any experience with those powerline Ethernet adaptors? I'd be using 3 (my router, TV and PC are all separated) and I wouldn't mind making one of them a wireless extender too (wifi is patchy on some devices in the living room.) I was eyeing up these. Any advice/recommendations?

2 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

anyone have any experience with those powerline Ethernet adaptors?

I've used them in my last two houses and they work a treat. Full speed internet with no drops anywhere in the house.

I'll be using them up to the new games room when it's finished.

In the previous place we had a real Heath Robinson setup combining WiFi boosters, power line adapters and rebroadcasting the WiFi from a laptop.

In the whole chain the weakest link was always the laptop.

3 hours ago, JaguarWong said:

I've used them in my last two houses and they work a treat. Full speed internet with no drops anywhere in the house.

I'll be using them up to the new games room when it's finished.

In the previous place we had a real Heath Robinson setup combining WiFi boosters, power line adapters and rebroadcasting the WiFi from a laptop.

In the whole chain the weakest link was always the laptop.

My buildings electrical wiring must be substandard because my power line Ethernet sucks. It's very slow, fluctuates wildly in speed, and sometimes drops. 

Are you plugged directly into the mains both ends? 

Also, if you're outside the UK I guess they might work differently...? 

7 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

I got a Steam Link for £16 and, predictably, my current set-up can't really handle it over wireless. PC issues aside, does anyone have any experience with those powerline Ethernet adaptors? I'd be using 3 (my router, TV and PC are all separated) and I wouldn't mind making one of them a wireless extender too (wifi is patchy on some devices in the living room.) I was eyeing up these. Any advice/recommendations?

I literally bought some 500 mbps powerline adapters specifically for the steam link and it works really well.

We upgraded our router to not be a butt, but powerline is good.

8 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

I have those exact ones (well, different plug/socket since I live in Ireland) and they work a treat. Simple to set up and speed is much improved compared to wireless.