toblix

Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?

If it isn't life changing and the person who gets it spends thousands of dollars in dlc to "win," does he/she get to sue?

It's going to be "The Little Book of Calm: Kindle Edition"

Hahaha.

A great cookie recipe.

Is it Doug's recipe?

Haha, I'm loving Peter Molydeux's piss-taking on Twitter. First saying that it was some kid who got the prize and didn't realise, simply closing the game. And then that it was this:

Funny, but also brings up a pretty depressing possibility: that the winner might have not even realised they won, or suffered some glitch that caused them to not see the prize (sync issues or something), or something like that. I hope they put something into place to verify someone actually acknowledged and experienced whatever it was.

OK they've said on Twatter they have him on the phone. Splendid.

Exciting!!!!

I would be so excited if I got to the middle of the cube. I think I would publicly confirm that my life had changed forever, that Peter Molyneux was right, and then not share it.

Also if this was a scam to get Peter Molyneux 75,000 twitter followers then it worked!

EDIT- GETTING RESTLESS!!!

3800bee1f06e9e0ff00dc59a9e04bf27.png

Yeah, sharing the prize is a bit like live-streaming your trip to Wonka's factory.

I bet Molyneux is wetting himself with excitement. I really hope the winner isn't bitterly disappointed, ruining Molyneux's life forever.

All right, I'm happy with that. Pretty cute idea, the winner gets a nice bit of monetary compensation, and it could have some really interesting gameplay implications for the rest of us (Godus is definitely a game I'm looking forward to anyway). It's also kind of nice how the prize is tied into the god game genre that is so dear to Molyneux.

So Bryan Henderson gets to be the God of Gods in Godus, and also hopefully gets Fat Stacks. I guess this is a reasonable prize.

It's pretty hard to not be relaxed when Molyneux's voice is echoing around that room

Agreed. Molyneux should make some art show or something.

That was a cute prize, I agree!

The video could've been a bit more amazing. Maybe if they wrote him a dramatic script and put him in space or something.

I just couldn't believe for the first minute that Peter Molyneux was standing at the middle of the cube. That thumbnail is perfect.

I guess it still goes with the theme of Curiosity, being an experiment in itself.  I don't know what I was hoping for but I'm slightly disappointed.

I'm happily underwhelmed.

The fact that the green-screen background and the echo effect is a bit crap is just as good as it being amazing.

Also: Godus! I'm imagining they'll be able to make it rain, or storm or snow for everyone else in the game, or take all of one person's resources and give them to someone else.

Hopefully you'll actually have to pray and offer gifts to Bryan Henderson to gain his favour.

Zooming the god game out one layer so that everyone plays as a minion to one dude, while also fooling around with their own minions, is a super interesting and fun twist.

And the fact that the king of all creation is a lad named Bryan Henderson in Edinburgh is a perfectly English stunt.

To be honest I doubt it will play out in quite a cool way.  The fact is however many people play Godus, it will be way way more even than the Great Bryan Henderson can keep track of, so the vast majority of players won't have direct interaction with him, it'll just be weather changes or something probably.  In order to have interaction with a higher power be a regular part of gameplay they'd have to make a many-tiered system where each group of 5-20 Gods reports to a God Manager, and each group of 5-20 God Managers reports to their Royal Regional Diety, and etc etc up the chain of command to Bryan Henderson.

I mean this is all speculation, but the way it's apparently laid out right now it seems interesting but I don't think it'll actually play out very differently for each individual player of Godus than if there was an AI changing the weather or moving things around or whatever.

Oh I'm not expecting him to have any kind of micro control over things, but I would like to think that Molyneux and his cronies can come up with an interesting way of giving this 'commander' role so to speak abilities that make him feel awesome while also giving players that feedback that someone is up there having an affect on their game even if it's mostly superficial.

Obviously the game has to be capable of being great without his involvement, he's not going to be sat there manipulating things all the time. He might not even like the game, who knows. But hopefully whatever controls he has are at the very least interesting and a cool way of showing that is in the game.

It is interesting to note that Molyneux specifically referred to this guy earning money until the end of his reign. A possible implication that this guy might only get to be the kingpin god for so long before it goes to someone else? Or maybe he gets to decide when his reign is over and can select a replacement.