toblix

Half-Life 3

Ollys going to work full time at Valve...

I don't know how well off Olly is (i did start checking companies house but felt creepy and stopped, i do like a good internet stalking), or what motivates what he works on. Is he in a position to pick and choose what he does? Maybe at 32 he wants some job security instead of chasing invoices. Maybe he doesn't care about money. Maybe he wants to work with his friends. OR MAYBEEEEEEE

I guess Seans in pre-products for whatever comes after valley of the gods.

Does Olly going to work at Valve even mean that Sean, Jake and Olly will all be working on the same project

Maybe they're going to reboot team fortress to chase the overwatch/fortnite/esports crowd. Seans in to his dota esports, jake loves his team fortress. Team Fortress suits Olly's design aesthetic

Can't see them wanting to make a game about shooting people in the face, so unless they completely reimagine the gameplay mechanics of Half Life. Science gadgets and shit... i guess that'll make it a puzzle game? Would you play a story driven puzzle first person narrative half life thing, that would upset a lot of fanboys. do you make it an offshoot loosely tied to the Half Life universe like portal.

If you were the Moss man what would make you go work at Valve? Do you go work there for 3 years with the potential of whatever you're working on getting cancelled and never be able to show off your work. Do you do that at the age of 32, do you risk it, risk it all, for Gordon?

does olly even like half life? googlinggggg... yes

s-l1600.jpgs-l300.jpg

G man origins game! make it happen lol

Half Life today would have to be a horror game right

You will learrrnnnnn much guy would have the same vibe as bloodbournes amygdala. unknowing, uncomprehendable fucking Alien. 

Reboot Half life, make the tear in reality like Area X from annihilation. Alien world merging with our own

qky39axxlbkz.jpg

latest?cb=20190104161558

cap00062.jpg

you're welcome Valve. DM me for my payment info

Check letterboxd

Sean gave Annihilation 3.5 stars and Olly hasn't even watched it! hmm the plot thickens. 

Great ta. I like coming here once a year and vomiting all over the forum :) 

Seriously though, I’ve sussed how to reboot half life, I’ve given it a lot of thought these past couple of hours whilst driving to the doctors and back. It’s pretty much a completely rip off of the southern reach trilogy which I’m reading and the moment and has clearly mutated my mind. It’ll take me a few hours to describe my vision, I don’t know if I’ll have time. I’ve got to go walk the dog then watch the last episode of Lyndsey Lohans beach club (that Brent’s a complete C bomb)

maybe next year 

At this point, I don't even want Half-Life 3 anymore. You had your chance, boys!! The camel's back is now fractured and the bucket is submerged in a lake of tears.

I played Firewatch recently and it did feel like James Benson's animation, so thanks for reminding me. Wow they really did form a super-team.

For the question of whether or not Half-Life 3 could be something very similar to Firewatch: Honestly yeah I think people would accept it. It would be a bit controversial but I wouldn't expect shooting enemies to be all that revolutionary anyway. The audience for Half-Life 3 is like 35 at this point, it's gonna take a lot to bowl them over with very good shooting, and they're mainly there to see G-Man be weird and Dr Kleiner wig out.

I would almost expect that some kind of Orange Box is on the horizon. They're hiring all this slick talent, their card game was kind of a flop, it might be time for Valve's in-house team to test the waters and find their feet by working on a few small projects.

I want Half-Life 2: Episode 3, following Laidlaw's story outline and in the same (or similar) version of the Source engine as the other episodes. Push  some psychedelic visuals and mechanics but nothing too revolutionary. Then the Campo Santo cabal can make Half-Life 3.

I am completely indifferent to there being anymore HL at this point, would be nice to see valve put out a game though.

I just want some kind of closure.  Although if an actual HL3 game came out, it would have to be such a different beast compared to the previous entries in order to not feel extremely dated and clunky.  Which would be great but it seems unlikely.

15 hours ago, Brannigan said:

I am completely indifferent to there being anymore HL at this point, would be nice to see valve put out a game though.

Well you're in luck! Good news: Valve just released a game! It's called Artifact and... Bad news: it's already dying!

32 minutes ago, jennegatron said:

Well you're in luck! Good news: Valve just released a game! It's called Artifact and... Bad news: it's already dying!

Haha...well meant a different type of game! Artifact isn't really up my alley!

56 minutes ago, Professor Video Games said:

Apparently it's not up anyone else's either!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

On 29/01/2019 at 10:42 PM, Professor Video Games said:

Apparently it's not up anyone else's either!

I am absolutely here for this kind of shade :tup:

On 2/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, JoyFreak said:

This is defiantly one of my favorite games!

New favorite post by a drive-by spammer.