Thompson

Dreams!

Seems like I have an emotionally devastating nightmare every morning now!

Also though I'm pretty sure I dreamed about Chris Remo though I have no idea what the context was.

I have just awoke from...

The Sean Vanaman fantasy funeral cake dream

The funeral was being held at this old church I used to get dragged to by my mother as a child. Really good turn out! I think everybody knew that Sean didn't actually die in his motorcycle accident, but I guess the church got booked in a moment of confusion and everyone just went along with it.

Because I knew this funeral was a sham I snuck into the back room where I met Gaynor (although he didn't look like him) and another guy. We listened to rock music and ate lots of cake. Really good cake! And ice cream I think. My dream finished with me trying to think of a way to tweet Sean letting him know his funeral cake is delicious without him thinking I'm a weirdo.

I dreamt about Chris about 6 months ago, he was a judge on an xfactor style judging panel, and he was really tough on the contestants

I had a dream that I moved into an apartment I'd never been to with a dude I'd never met before. He seemed alright, but when we got to the apartment, things went downhill. The apartment turned out to be a gritty 80s cyber-punk style alleyway, with dim colored lighting and steam rising from grates in the floor. There were all sorts of seedy looking people just sleeping around the room on the ground. My room mate was cooking meat on a spit over a makeshift fire that he'd started in the center of the room. When all the meat had been eaten he said that he had to go out and get some more, and he needed me to go with him.

We went out onto the streets and approached the door of a nice, wholesome looking all-American style house with a white picket fence and freshly-mown lawn. Suddenly he handed me a baseball bat and told me to wait off to one side of the door while he knocked. When the door opened, two ostriches emerged. They looked just like normal ostriches, but it was understood that they were the family which lived in the house. They seemed mildly annoyed at my room-mate's presence, but they hadn't noticed me yet. Suddenly my room mate started yelling at and verbally berating me, telling me to 'do it' because it was the only way we would get food. Eventually I gave in and hit the ostrich over the head with the baseball bat. It was only stunned, but now the ostriches saw me and they were angry. I felt like I had to kill or be killed, so before the bird could react I hit again, harder this time and it crumpled to the floor as its family looked on.

And that, my friends, is why you don't move in with a room mate you've never met. You never know when you might be forced to become complicit in ostrich-murder.

I had a dream that I just woke up from where... my toilet overflowed. I mean, it overflowed a couple weeks ago, so I know where the dream came from. Anyway...

The toilet overflowed. The floor of the bathroom was, instead of tile, some kind of carpet made of little bristles like a toothbrush (or a toilet brush, I s'pose!). When it overflowed, I was like "fuck" but I took my plunger to it and unclogged it. but then I needed to clean the gross dirty toilet water off the floor. So... I grabbed my toilet brush (why???) and proceeded to vigorously scrub at the toilet-brush-bristle-carpeted bathroom floor with said toilet brush. The gross yellow pee stains wouldn't go away because it was all too deep in the bristle-carpet. I was talking to the brush in my hand like, "this is never going to come out, you know that, right, why are you making me do this?"

What a gross dream.

GROSS.

I had a dream where every cabinet in my house was stockpiled with hummus and orange soda, so I know exactly how you feel Twig.

(I do actually like hummus, just a bizarre dream.)

Wow, I just finished eating jalapeno hummus right now. I don't think I'm dreaming though.

Wow, I just finished eating jalapeno hummus right now. I don't think I'm dreaming though.

Yes you are, because you're in flavor heaven

Some fucking weird and unusual dreams lately that probably have not-so-subtle meanings.

Last night I had this crazy multi-part dream. The first I don't remember so well. I was living at my parents' house again (although the only rooms I remember seeing were familiar, but not rooms in my parents' house). There was something about living with a creepy, annoying, and clearly mentally-ill roommate who would never stop talking and spent most of his time in the top bunk of our shared bunkbed and looked kind of like Seymour from Ghost World. In the dream, I fell asleep and had a dream within a dream!

So in the sub-dream, I was Batman. This was far less cool than it sounds. I was in an episode of Batman: The Animated series (and it looked EXACTLY like the series, including occasional dirt on the cels). I was a young Bruce Wayne, being trained to be Batman by the old Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond. Tasks included breaking into a high school and busting a kid for eating a chocolate bar in class (which was really gross. It was all cracked on the outside and there was stiky, dark red stuff in it). I had to keep acting like stealthy Batman even though everyone in the room could clearly see me and exuded the kind of piteous respect that high school classes give to motivational speakers who start the routine with the "I said GOOD MORNING!" bit. Plus it was really hard to see through the cowl. When we got back to Wayne Manor, it was the same room I fell asleep in during the overdream. Old man Wayne was putting me through some vigorous fight training including a weird bit where I got thrown through the floor and somehow stuck in a clown villain costume. Apropos for dreams, my ability to do things like run or punch was reduced to zip. I kept crying the whole time because the training regimen was so hard. After it was all over and the run was starting to rise, I went to a segment of the Batcave designed to look like a fifties diner, complete with actors whose job was to spend every moment pretending to be a teenager from the fifties hanging out in a diner without ever addressing the fact that the diner was only a small segment of the Batcave. I saw a news report about a disturbance downtown and went to investigate. I had to fight a villain who was kind of like Spider-Man except instead of webbing, he shot long strings of saltwwater taffy, which he was using to stick people to the wall. I saved some unpopular teenagers, then woke up.

When I woke up back on the bunkbed, it was Christmas morning. Roomie guy couldn't shut up. When I checked, everyone in my family had gotten nice gifts except me. I got a single slice of processed cheddar cheese 16 times the size of an ordinary slice. Everyone kept going on about how much I should appreciate such an obviously useless gift, and I finally piped up and said I would much rather have just been given the money it cost to buy the slice. My dad angrily, reluctantly gave me the cash value of the cheese ($200, in American hundred-dollar bills for some reason). All the while he was carrying a bunch of decorative square plates with designs based on Gorillaz songs. He hands me one of them to hold while he counted his money, and when I handed it back he dropped it and demanded that I pay him the value of the plate right then and there ($50 American, obviously). I told him no way, an argument started, and eventually I just gave him the finger and left for my room. I was still fuming mad, but the worst thing I could think of to do was write "fuck you dad" on a piece of paper and complain about how my room was the only one in the house with no lock on the door. I felt so angry and impotent, not knowing what I could do.

And then I woke up.

:\

The one from a few nights ago I'm gonna' put in a spoiler because it's brief, but pretty traumatizingly fucked-up.

All I remember was that there was some creepy-ass demon guy who had captured me and my parents, and said he was going to rape us, one at a time, starting with my dad and ending with me. I woke up while he was raping my dad in front of us; absolutely terrified. This might be the worst and most freudian thing I've ever dreamed.

I'm glad that I'm having dreams again, but why are they always vivid nightmares? :getmecoat

Sounds stressful. You need a vacation. Seems to be a lot of injustice in your dream.

So you wrote "fuck you dad" on a piece of paper. I have to ask, no love for Dad?

Yeah Tegan, that sucks. At least you got to be Batman though.

For the last few weeks I have been having pretty fucked up dreams too, probably because of my broken sleep schedule. I can't really post them here but they are the kind of dreams that cause me to wake up feeling instantly frustrated and depressed. Sometimes I hate the places my brain goes when it is completely unrestrained by conscious thought.

oh gooood why does this keep happeniiiiiing

Two nights ago:

I'm an extra in a faux-documentary style horror movie about a fairly large group of people exploring a snowy forest and being picked off by a monster nobody ever gets a good look at. There actually is a monster, but everyone else with me laughs it off and assumes it's just part of the movie (except the dogs, which constantly turn to specific shadows deeper in the woods and growl unflinchingly).

Last night:

I'm asleep in a bed I don't recognize and groggily wake up to find someone standing over me with a knife whispering something. I can't see their face, but immediately recognize them as my brother for some reason. Waking up scares him off, but the rest of the dream is basically me worrying about getting murdered and also arguing with my mom about the fact that he was clearly trying to kill me and should go to jail when she insists that it doesn't count because he didn't actually kill me. It's pretty much the dream version of my real-life argument with her about my dad stealing from me.

All these bad dreams are going to kill me. I need a hug, and a teddy bear to sleep with. @n@

oh gooood why does this keep happeniiiiiing

Two nights ago:

I'm an extra in a faux-documentary style horror movie about a fairly large group of people exploring a snowy forest and being picked off by a monster nobody ever gets a good look at. There actually is a monster, but everyone else with me laughs it off and assumes it's just part of the movie (except the dogs, which constantly turn to specific shadows deeper in the woods and growl unflinchingly).

Last night:

I'm asleep in a bed I don't recognize and groggily wake up to find someone standing over me with a knife whispering something. I can't see their face, but immediately recognize them as my brother for some reason. Waking up scares him off, but the rest of the dream is basically me worrying about getting murdered and also arguing with my mom about the fact that he was clearly trying to kill me and should go to jail when she insists that it doesn't count because he didn't actually kill me. It's pretty much the dream version of my real-life argument with her about my dad stealing from me.

All these bad dreams are going to kill me. I need a hug, and a teddy bear to sleep with. @n@

Seems like there is a recurring theme of you feeling the isolation of being to sole person who senses danger.

I had a Dead Space dream not too long ago. It was weird because it wasn't a nightmare. I was just so focused on finding and opening lockers that nothing else mattered.

I dreamt last night that I was playing video games with various gaming personalities, including Famous Vanaman.  I don't remember most of the games but the last one was some sort of Warioware Mario Kart game that was amazing.  I haven't had that much fun in a dream in a long time.

Last night, I dreamt that I was playing Super Monday Night Combat in the hallway of the church I grew up in (an area where adults would greet each other at arrival and also say their goodbyes after the service). I had full juice and my team was going for a final push when my dad unplugged the internet for a moment to get some a/v setup to work correctly (for his men's prayer group or whatever). I was visibly upset for just a moment and said "shit!" and my dad said "Did you just say 'shit' in church?" and I felt both a shame for lacking self-control, but also a sense of injustice. I said "Yeah, I've lost my priviledges to play this game at church, but you knew I was doing something on the internet and it was inconsiderate of my interests and disingenious to unplug it without telling me you were going to do so."

A lot of parents in these dreams, guys.

Parents are a really interesting form of authority to me. They aren't authorities that you voluntarily submit to like peer-groups, but they still have a face and the idiosyncracies of another human (unlike a religion or state). For me, my parents often symbolize my default personal policies that intend benevolence, but appear flawed when examined.

Last night I had a series of fucked up dreams. At one point in my dream all of my teeth started falling out. After I spit most of my teeth out I remember running my tongue along the top of my mouth and just feeling my exposed gums where my teeth used to be. When I woke  up I was very happy to see that they were all still there. 

I have recurring dreams in which I still have braces on my teeth and parts of them are coming off -- either I'm pulling out bits of wire or the bits glued to my teeth are coming unglued. Much like the dream of being signed up for a class and not going to it, this is a dream that doesn't feel clearly delineated from reality, so sometimes I have to remind myself that I haven't been in college or had braces for years and none of that happened even when I was.

Last night I had a series of fucked up dreams. At one point in my dream all of my teeth started falling out. After I spit most of my teeth out I remember running my tongue along the top of my mouth and just feeling my exposed gums where my teeth used to be. When I woke  up I was very happy to see that they were all still there. 

I've heard from a couple different places that dreams of your teeth falling out are very common and almost everyone has them. (I say 'almost' because I still do not recall ever having a dream like that,)

I've heard from a couple different places that dreams of your teeth falling out are very common and almost everyone has them. (I say 'almost' because I still do not recall ever having a dream like that,)

Yeah, I've heard there are a lot of different theories about what that represents but I think it is just because I sometimes grind my teeth when I sleep. Oddly enough, in the dream I was a little freaked out when my teeth first fell out but then I was pretty okay with it. After the initial shock wore off I remember thinking it wasn't too big of a deal because I could just go get some dentures and everything would be fine. I was a little concerned about how I was going to chew my food until I got the dentures though. It was also odd that my dream just continued on into other strange territory afterwards as if nothing ever happened, but my teeth were still missing for the rest of the dream.