toblix

Idle Thumbs panel at PAX Prime

From @idlethumbs: "Woo! Idle Thumbs panel at PAX Prime is go."

Sounds exciting!

Current time for the panel: Sunday, 2-3 in the Wolfman Theater.

Current attendees: Chris, Jake, Nick.

I will pay money for a video/audio recording of this. Anyone know if this will exist?

I will pay money for a video/audio recording of this. Anyone know if this will exist?

Agreed. Preferably a video podcast, but more realistically how about an audio one? :yep:

Goddamnit, why must (a fair few of the thumbs community it seems) live in another country? I'd love to see this!

And I will steal some of Toblix's remaining money and pay that too. DO IT.

That's amazing! Will there be wizards? I hope the audience is packed with pointy heads and ponderous white beards.

Also: live rendition Space Asshole.

That's great! Add my voice to requests for the transatlantic feed.

Also would like to see some Thumbs cosplay, re: wizaaards, space assholes and horsebags.

I seem to be the only one to ever bring it up, but I seriously would love a rendition of The Ballad of John Riccitello -- or perhaps even a new ballad? I thought that was absolute genius.

I seem to be the only one to ever bring it up, but I seriously would love a rendition of The Ballad of John Riccitello -- or perhaps even a new ballad? I thought that was absolute genius.

That's one of my favorite songs I did for Thumbs. However I think it might be a little complex to do live. I'm probably going to do Space Asshole since that whole thing can be done with an acoustic guitar.

Wish I could be there, but as a UK thumb, I can't make it. I'll be there with you in...heart, I guess.

Looking forward very much to the audio, however.

That's one of my favorite songs I did for Thumbs. However I think it might be a little complex to do live. I'm probably going to do Space Asshole since that whole thing can be done with an acoustic guitar.

Haha, I just imagined you running from a Piano to an Organ maniacally attempting to keep up with the pace. Plus super-deep Bobby Kotick voice "Mwahahahahaha"

I have also decided that when I (eventually) learn to play Piano, that's one of the first songs I'd like to learn to play. It doesn't seem too complex, so it shouldn't be too hard to learn!

Haha, I just imagined you running from a Piano to an Organ maniacally attempting to keep up with the pace. Plus super-deep Bobby Kotick voice "Mwahahahahaha"

I have also decided that when I (eventually) learn to play Piano, that's one of the first songs I'd like to learn to play. It doesn't seem too complex, so it shouldn't be too hard to learn!

No, it shouldn't be tough to learn. When I said "complex" I just meant in terms of the variety of instrumentation and voice trading.

No, it shouldn't be tough to learn. When I said "complex" I just meant in terms of the variety of instrumentation and voice trading.

Speaking of tough to learn, just how hard is it to play A Life Is Beautiful?

Also, would you happen to have the ability to write out the tabs for Space Asshole? Tabs make it easier for my simple mind. :tup:

I'll be there! My fancy-pants ~media credentials~ were approved today.

I look forward to the likely Wizardmeet as well; the one at PAX East was fun.

I'll be there! My fancy-pants ~media credentials~ were approved today.

I look forward to the likely Wizardmeet as well; the one at PAX East was fun.

While we've made no final decisions, we are looking at the panel as being in lieu of a Wizardmeet rather than in addition to one. We figure it will serve a similar purpose, in a more defined way.

While we've made no final decisions, we are looking at the panel as being in lieu of a Wizardmeet rather than in addition to one. We figure it will serve a similar purpose, in a more defined way.

That's sensible.

If any casters of pods or readers find themselves looking to grab a few beers on any of the other nights, something can always be improvised easily enough.

I'll be rolling with a posse of colleagues, at least one of whom is also a fan.

PAX East was my first PAX and it was a blast, so I'm looking forward to the full version. Maybe I'll actually be able to make it into the panels.

The clear answer is to just hold the wizardmeet in the middle of whatever's in the Wolfman theatre at 3pm.

The clear answer is to just hold the wizardmeet in the middle of whatever's in the Wolfman theatre at 3pm.

Move aside, Wizard coming through.

Actually, I think it's a pretty popular favourite. Somebody loved it enough to do a crazy DHTML/JavaScript/whatever accompaniment that I can't be bothered to look up on my phone.

Actually, I think it's a pretty popular favourite. Somebody loved it enough to do a crazy DHTML/JavaScript/whatever accompaniment that I can't be bothered to look up on my phone.

http://idleballad.com/

It's JavaScript and it was made by elmuerte.

yeah... took me about a week to create that thing... listened waaaaaay too much to that song at that time.

I was thinking of going this year since I'll bein Vancouver, but this pretty much sells it.