Murdoc

Hock and Sock leaves Ubisoft

:poring:

Since this is in Idle Banter, I don't have to talk about Clint Hocking at all. Fuck LucasArts, they haven't made a Goblins game in their entire life.

:poring:

Since this is in Idle Banter, I don't have to talk about Clint Hocking at all. Fuck LucasArts, they haven't made a Goblins game in their entire life.

This is funny, but I am not sure why I am laughing. What do Goblins this have to do with anything? I only ever finished the third one, and got stuck in the first one early on, before there was an internet, never tried it again. Not sure if I ever played the second one.

I'm not a huge starwars fan, but basically any lucas arts(well within reason) IP + Clint would be cool, I mean the chances of him just making whatever game he wants with a cool Ip, new or old, would be pretty awesome.

Really could you imagine an openworld, farcry 2esq(not in shooting mechanics, but just these high level features that break the conventional mold) in Star Wars? Full Throttle? Monkey Island?

I don't want to even think about what he could do modernizing any one of those games with some big concepts on design.

Goblins is one of the earlyish games I remember playing (though not the earliest since that was when we had a 4-color monitor). I remember it frustrating me to tears.

One of the few adventure games with a life bar, that Gobliiins.

I don't agree with that design choice, but 2 and 3 are really great. The art direction and character stylings of the third one are my favorite. Woodruff would have been amazing if it had more animation and less boredom.

Yeah, it's weird. They have tons and tons of animations for weird interactions, but if you want to see them the game punishes you.

I completely adored Woodruff. I don't remember it as being boring, but Young Toblix might've been more tolerant towards bad design than I am. I remember it as being huge, funny and extremely atmospheric.

I actually think a lot of the boredom with Woodruff originates in whether or not you find the teleporter early on the the game or not. I think there's a series of somewhat obscure puzzles that lead you to getting it, but I remember being frustrated my first playthrough after having walked slowly around the maze of the city trying to solve puzzles only to find out there was a teleportation device in the game all along that I could have been using much earlier.

Getting intentionally sent to a mental hospital in order to escape wage slavery was one of those novel adventure game ideas you don't see too often.

Is there actually anyone working at Lucasarts anymore with the exception of Clint Hocking? Again they "let go" aka fired around 50 people working on an unannounced game that will propably never be done now.

Is Clint even there anymore or was he let go also?

Game industry sucks so much these days.:fart:

Clint is not alone anymore. Frederic Markus joins LucasArts from Disney.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33062/Report_Former_Disney_Game_Design_Director_Heads_To_LucasArts.php

By checking for the first time perhaps ever Clint's Twitter I noticed that they are bringing some heavy artillery to LucasArts. Apparently guys like Adam Orth and Matthias Worch are also now at LucasArts and both of these guys have a heavy FPS background. Worch used to be a FPS level designer for SiN and Unreal 2 etc. and recently was part of Visceral's team that made Dead Space 2.

Are we getting ready for some Star Wars FPS or perhaps even original IP FPS?

Edited by Kolzig

Clint is not alone anymore. Frederic Markus joins LucasArts from Disney.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33062/Report_Former_Disney_Game_Design_Director_Heads_To_LucasArts.php

By checking for the first time perhaps ever Clint's Twitter I noticed that they are bringing some heavy artillery to LucasArts. Apparently guys like Adam Orth and Matthias Worch are also now at LucasArts and both of these guys have a heavy FPS background. Worch used to be a FPS level designer for SiN and Unreal 2 etc. and recently was part of Visceral's team that made Dead Space 2.

Are we getting ready for some Star Wars FPS or perhaps even original IP FPS?

Clint Hocking Dark Forces/Jedi Knight :tup:

I am really curious about whatever the heck it was he was working on. I speculate whatever it was, was cancelled to throw more resources at 1313.

No surprise—tru dat. Lucas Arts is in one of those protracted spells again—when Making Good Things is considered not reasonable in the face of current marketplace realities.

I love Hocking views on game design, player experience and his ways of seeing games in general; but to me, none of this has transpired in any of his games yet.

This move to Valve is great news because he'll probably finally have the resources, the time and the creative control to realize his vision. No more excuses too :P

That just means we won't see anything for decades to come.

Isn't Doug Church supposed to be working on something of his own? Or maybe that was just a rumor that never had any grounds to it. Maybe Hocking will join that project. It seems like, given their respective histories, they might be a good match. But who knows. U: