Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

I played a few rounds on there last night. I did terribly, but it seemed good. It was quite busy, though, so we might have difficulty getting many Thumbs on there.

Bought in to the four pack on the weekend but only played a couple games(ea servers terrible) and I like the idea of an rpg system, but really hate the feeling I'm sucking becasue dude is level 30 and I'm level 2. Whether it actually is panning out that way or not, I'm not sure, that's just the feeling I get. Not sure about one hit knife kills either, seems a bit nob friendly.

I remember being pretty excellent in bf 1942, bf2, and vietnam, but for the life of me I can't seem to get the controls correct in bc2. My mouse sensetivity is good for movement, but not fine aiming, and if it's ok for both, it's terrible for vehicles, and christ knows I forgot how to fly a helicopter since bf2.

Also it kind of feels like I empty a an entire clip into someone and that might actually kill them... is this just me getting old and crappy at fps? Have I been playing TF2 for too long? I'm not sure, I should go back to Counterstrike and see how I fair to gauge if it's me or the BC2.

You know, I'd had pretty good self esteem for quite a while until I bought this game. I get worse at it every day.

You know, I'd had pretty good self esteem for quite a while until I bought this game. I get worse at it every day.

It's the military way. They break you down and rebuild you the way they want you. Man up soldier! :mock:

Dont listen to that Chair. he's just saying bullshit :P

its just cause you suck! and u dont know how to game! :P how dare you evenly thinking that ur good!.

Me and my friends kinda lost the urge to play this game already. Either the server is crap cause of all the noobs on it or the server is fine and u get some stupid crash to often. and next to that i kinda have the feeling of completion after unlocking all weapons and doesnt really make me wanna continue playing it alot. And with recieving a SC2 beta copy it just doesnt help that much.

I really want to love this game, but these controls... man. Thankfully I have a mouse that has some buttons to adjust sensitivity on the fly, but I'm doing that every time I hope in a vehicle or scope. Does anyone else get this? I'm calling it poor control scheme, but maybe its just me.

I really want to love this game, but these controls... man. Thankfully I have a mouse that has some buttons to adjust sensitivity on the fly, but I'm doing that every time I hope in a vehicle or scope. Does anyone else get this? I'm calling it poor control scheme, but maybe its just me.

The control scheme isn't that different to any other game like this I've played, and it's customisable too.

The vehicles are dog slow I have to agree, so like you, I whack up the dpi on the mouse to compensate. Think they are weighted to behave well on consoles which is nice, on consoles...

It just seems like there was no tuning between aiming and scope sensitivity , which I'm going to assume other games have done because I've never had a problem to the degree I'm having in this.

Wait, can you up the sensitivity when you are in a tank to make the aiming faster? I'm pretty sure the slow aiming in a tank is completely deliberate... It's a tank turret, not a pistol.

I can't believe I can't make crouch toggle and iron sights not toggle. It's especially odd because it was reversed on the PS3 (I can't remember if you could remap it on the PS3).

I can't believe I can't make crouch toggle and iron sights not toggle.

Yeah, that bothers me too.

Aaaargh, what the fuck is up with the useless heat seeking missiles. How can a missile be slower than a helicopter strafing around? It shouldn't even be able to stay airborne at that speed. I've taken out more choppers with the Carl Gustav than that "better" missile.

I just got the game, there definitely was an improvement over the beta and the other Rush maps are incredible... userid decapentaplegic.

.... userid decapentaplegic.

Does this mean you are incapacitated in 15 different ways?

Friend request coming later, post your Skype id too, skyping is where all the cool cats are.

Yeah, decapentaplegic (dpp) is the name of a gene in the fruitfly that when knocked-out screws up the 15 imaginal discs that will give rise to the limbs, eyes, wings and antennae...

Almost... I'm definitely berserk for the last couple of years. I'm finishing up my Ph.D. in genetics, but I can't stand it anymore. You gotta LOVE research to put up with all the shit that comes with it, meaning being underpayed and with an uncertain future since it's harder and harder to land a professor position in a decent university.

Anyway, let me vent my frustration by shooting you guys in the head in-game :D

A crazy geneticist that loves to shoot people in the head....there's a Video game in that somewhere :grin:

I added you on Steam, will add you on BC2 when I get a chance to boot up.

jonac13 on Steam, jonac13 on Skype, jonac13 on BF:BC2. Eager to play with you guys sometime!

I'm finishing up my Ph.D. in genetics,

Jesus Christ, the thumbs are smart as an overall group. That explains why the discussion is so good.

Jesus Christ, the thumbs are smart as an overall group. That explains why the discussion is so good.

Aaaaah BUT is the discussion good because we are smart, or are we smart because of the discussions we have.

Discuss. :grin:

A crazy geneticist that loves to shoot people in the head....there's a Video game in that somewhere :grin:

I added you on Steam, will add you on BC2 when I get a chance to boot up.

I don't know if you saw the news earlier this year, but there was a geneticist in University of Alabama who shot other professors when they told her she wouldn't get her tenure...

It's not about qualifications...

I was a-joshin' cuz you guys are success-machines.

Since Armchair messaged me to play today and because it's on sale $20 off with that PAX token I've been thinking about getting this. How often do people play together (casually, not official thumbs stuff)? I don't really feel like buying the game over again if I'm going to be playing it less than the xbox version. Did they ever fix the friends list/stats/server wiping?