Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

Am I added to the list Skratche? I cant remember...

I am Pilgrim72 on Steam, here, and on BC2. I'm usually on most nights for varying amounts of time - if anyone is getting something together and I appear to be in another game or idle on Steam, message me and chances are I'll drop out and join in your game!

:tup:

So, is anyone around tonight? What are everyone's favourite servers? I have been frequenting one by the WonkaWarriors recently. It seems to be quite decently inhabited...

Anyway, back to looking like Im doing work, at work!

:gaming:

I am loving BC2, Its hard for me to group up in pugs, so i'm looking for some ppl who play on PC that wanna team up and keep me from just blowing myself up all the time ;P

BB9v8QntgVk

A bunch of us play regularly here, Armchair probably the most though.

Armchair is on the developer of BC2's payroll... I swear he's just there to advertise it for them!

As mentioned on the Left4Dead thread, I'll add you tonight on Steam (have you bought the game on Steam, but either way, whats your BC2 ID?) and we can have a game!

Looking forward to a bit of most-excellent gameplaying! (Air guitar riffs)

Am I added to the list Skratche? I cant remember...

I suppose you're referring to a list of BC2 usernames that play on the PC? Unfortunately I never got around to creating such a list even though I recall promising to do so.

I'll get it done sometime today now that you have made me feel guilty.

pretty sure its Inph1del - tho its funny the bc2 site shows my id as having no stats hah interesting.

I suppose you're referring to a list of BC2 usernames that play on the PC? Unfortunately I never got around to creating such a list even though I recall promising to do so.

Yes! So you should, my dear fellow! Feel the shame of a thousand generations and atone for your sins!

:grin:

Shame on you Shay......:grin:

Shame on you Shay......:grin:

Alright! Alright! It is done. I have updated the first post with names.

As an added bonus I have also linked each person's stat page, so now you can check out just how much more awesome Armchair General is than you and compare stats.

Note you need to login with your ea account to be able to view the stats.

Also I made the list using my own friend's list and scouring this thread for people who have posted their IDs. I most certainly must have missed someone or screwed up their names. Post here with your ID if you find yourself missing from the list and I'll update it.

EDIT: Inph1del I can't add you as a friend on BC2, so I am guessing it's spelled wrong?

I know that today was strictly speaking, the day that Left4Dead2 was scheduled for Thumbs playing, but me and a couple of others (a couple of others and I? Oh, what the hell...) played BC2 on Squad Deathmatch instead, and it was actually really good fun! Normally I only play Rush, and hadn't had a go of this mode before - I dont think I was alone either.

Anyway, point of this post is to ask whether we should make the Sunday turn for BC2 into a proper Squad Deathmatch thing? If we could get enough Thumbs together to fill up a whole four squad server then that would be amazing, but if not, a couple of Thumbs squads should make for an entertaining game (except for the rubbish Snow level -rubbish because I was even more crap at it, of course)!

Well, that's what I reckon anyway...

:clap:

I agree 'twas good fun and probably the best way for the Thumbs to play together. There were quite a few empty servers last night, I'm sure we would be able to commandeer one quickly enough so it just had Thumbs in it. Although the way the friends list is being at the moment, I'm not so sure about that.

Well I for one, didn't have fun last night. Squad deathmatch didn't quite workout for me. For some reason, it just didn't feel right.

As you might have noticed I "ragequit", after a couple rounds to go play Splinter Cell co-op.:getmecoat

Bummer, I did notice you were gone but the trouble is that people leave and come back (due to server issues) that I sort of lose track who's in or out.

It's a real shame you didn't like it, but perhaps you should judge it when we have a proper go at it. I mean that we should all get together in skype and then load up and decide on squads etc. The problem with BC2 as opposed to L4D2 is the lack of a lobby I find. There's no central hub for us to gather and decide en masse what we are going to play etc.

Perhaps we should make a point of all turning on Skype and using that as our lobby prior to starting the game. That way, if any one is having problems we can all sort them, rather than a few of us being engrossed in the game and unintentionally ignoring those who are not having fun/not connected/(insert random BC2 Problem here).

Squad deathmatch is great fun Shay, I promise to try and make it better for you the next time we play :tup::tup:

What do you think guys? Let's get some order to the BC2 game night.

Yeah, I had a similarly unsatisfactory time. Couldn't join at all at 8 then I tried an hour later, got in, and was stuck in a 3 person squad.

But it seems like it could have been fun if it had worked :mock:

I would love to give it another try. I also agree that we need a proper "lobby" before we start a game. Maybe even have one or two specific servers we can frequent.

Not to mention, being on skype makes the game a thousand times more fun.

p.s. I'll be on tonight after the Flyers vs Canada Hockey game to add all of you ::rubs hands together menacingly:: :D

Canadiens. Canada has 5 teams, dammit. And if Phoenix would give us back the Winnipeg Jets and Colorado would give us back the Quebec Nordiques, we'd have 7.

Signed;

- A huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan. (Who will still cheer for the Habs unless they're playing Toronto)

Canadiens. Canada has 5 teams, dammit. And if Phoenix would give us back the Winnipeg Jets and Colorado would give us back the Quebec Nordiques, we'd have 7.

Signed;

- A huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan. (Who will still cheer for the Habs unless they're playing Toronto)

lol woops I meant to type Canadians :P

lol woops I meant to type Canadians :P

Now french it up a bit and you'll get there.

I'm just doing this to be a dick on purpose now...

The squad we were in was me, Andy, and Lucien (with some random i think) and we stayed together pretty much all the time and it was great fun - i had some of my flaws pointed out to me once or twice (or three, or four, or five, or six times... etc etc etc... ;o) ), but it was much more cohesive than normal rush.

I think that a massing of players in Skype first and then all picking an empty server would be fantastic. This Sunday is BC2 isnt it? I propose we all meet up around 10 minutes early for the usual banter involving willies or dropping trousers, before embarking on an evening of smoking barrels and near ragequitting at Andy's continued use of the 40mm grenades!

:deranged:

Hey, Lucien - get Skype ready for 10 to 8!

:grin:

Ok I added everyone to my friends list from the first post in this thread and installed skype ( Inph1del ) - so far no accepted friends :< /cry

I'll be at six flags sunday so i'll be missing out on the fun, however friday I might be gaming all night long so hit me up on steam if anyones looking for some coop or bc2!

Hey Brian, don't cry about nobody being your friend, I have been trying to befriend friends on BC2 for ages, the friends list is properly borked. It is no reflection on you :tup:

I did get your friend request..ok'd it and then...NOTHING. Hopefully they will patch it asap because it's making organising games really difficult. So hang in there buddy, we never leave a man behind :grin::tup::grin:

If you add me and the rest of us on Steam, we can usually coordinate via that and skype to make sure we get in the same server. I think i am Armchair(space)General on Skype, but I may be ac3144; I forget.

Try that and we can work around it until the friends list is functional again.

EDIT: Sorry, just read you posted your skype id, I have friended you on that now.