Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

So the game comes out next week. I think it's time we settle on a day and time that is reasonable for everyone interested. Once that is set in stone one of the admins of our steam group can put it up on the calendar as a regularly scheduled event.

EDIT:

We now play on alternate Sundays at 3pm EST (work that out for whatever timezone you are in).

Also, if you want to be recruited into battlethumbs make sure you post your game/steam ID. We use skype as a way of communication so post your skype thing as well.

We use "Thumbs" as a clan tag, so we can freak people out by mass invading some random server.

List of UserIDs (PC) and their respective stat pages (login to view stats):

Armchair General

Pilgrim72

PiratePoo

Skratche

Jamsl

Toblix

Patters

Illeria

JamesM

Wokkels

Black Valk

Frank Jaeger

Decapentaplegic

m0nk3yarmada

A.Hillacre

brkl

jonac13

Inphidel

Edited by Scratch

I can do Fridays or Saturdays. But not at our usual time. If I am not mistaken we do L4D2 at 9pm BST (3pm EST). It would have to be an hour later, if we decide on Friday.

We do L4D2 at 8pm GMT now. Are you thinking 10pm GMT for BTIC? That could be a bit late but I'm happy to do that if it means you can play as it's more of an inconvenience for me than prohibitive.

Alternatively, we could have one Sunday as an L4D2 night and the following Sunday a BTIC night and so on. Just a suggestion.

Andy

Friday is generally my doing-stuff-with-real-people evening, so I'm pretty consistently busy then. Saturday is a day when I'm only sometimes doing stuff with real people in the evening, so that would be better for me. I can also do late games then, as I don't have work in the morning. I'm hardly ever doing stuff with real people on weekdays, so other than Tuesday they would work well for me, other than Tuesday. Or alternate Sundays would be fine by me. I don't really mind.

Also, Battlethumbs: Idle Thumbpany.

Too far?

We do L4D2 at 8pm GMT now. Are you thinking 10pm GMT for BTIC? That could be a bit late but I'm happy to do that if it means you can play as it's more of an inconvenience for me than prohibitive.

Alternatively, we could have one Sunday as an L4D2 night and the following Sunday a BTIC night and so on. Just a suggestion.

Andy

Oh yes, we do it at 8pm now. So what I meant was 9pm GMT. I am also up for alternate weekends, though I think that would make things a bit harder to keep track of.

Too far?

That would put two "thumbs" in the title, which ruins the naming convention we have going so far for other events.:getmecoat

Too far?

One step removed from Idlethumbs: Idle Thumbs. :grin:

I know, I know, I just couldn't resist the rhyme thing. But I also couldn't give up battlethumbs, because battlethumbs are the best. Otherwise it could have been "Idlefield: Bad Thumbpany". But battlethumbs.

Battlethumbs.

That might be convenient for us Canadians and Americans, but I am sure it gets too early for our European comrades.

That might be convenient for us Canadians and Americans, but I am sure it gets too early for our European comrades.

Yeah sorry, that would be taking up the afternoon and evening with gaming... a practice that wives strongly disapprove of :(

9pm GMT is a good time, as I said before, Friday is the best day for me.

Andy

I don't generally do anything with my Sundays, so I could probably manage a crafty afternoon game.

It seems we all have our own preferred days and times with very little overlap. I think it's best if we just do alternate Sundays. Then those who would rather play L4D2 can do so as well.

Besides, the whole point of having another game was to avoid the return to lobby shenanigans of L4D2. So playing on alternate Sundays or when L4D2 gets too much, seems like the best solution.

I have been seeing the damage X crosshair thing and the revive icon in my sleep, that possibly means that I should not be playing as much of the game as I have been.:blink:

Also I have my new mouse and using it makes me feel like puking instantly, it's so twitchy...

Oh yeah, alternate Sundays sounds good. :tup:

S.

No preload? I'm only asking because I'm still on a very shite connection and download speeds are really bad. Downloading when it officially unlocks with all the server overload business does not seem very ideal.;(

yea no pre-load. which sucks because right when it comes out your going to have everyone downloading it at once.

Yeah well, your UK release date is on the 4th. It's already out over in North America.

Yeah well, your UK release date is on the 4th. It's already out over in North America.

5th, my copy has shipped, though.

oh god this download is painfully slow. I started it 6 hours ago and it has at least 3 hours left. looks like I'm not going to be playing until tomorrow.

Just started playing a bit yesterday. From what i can tell it doesnt add your steam friends to your in game friends list. So whoever is playing just add "Illeria" my clan tag the "thumb". See you all in game!:clap:

Battlethumbs: Thumb Thumbpany

Remo approved. I win.