Tanukitsune

Torchlight?

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51734/Mythos-Returns-To-North-America

Interesting, but should I feel bad for giving these guys money instead Runic?

The most interesting thing about it is that it appears to be playable in both the torchlight kind of zoomed out view and in the closer over-the-shoulder view more common to mmorpgs. But I'm not really a mmorpg kind of guy (even when they're free, although I've given a fair number of free ones a try) and what they've shown doesn't really change that.

Yeah I'm not a mmo person either, I just really wanted to play torchlight with friends so this might be close? Maybe not. And yeah, with any hang ups I had with Torchlights art(none really just it wasn't diablo, lol) I have actual issues with it.

Should have also worded my original post a little better by not saying giving money to them instead of runic, but rather first while I wait for a torchlight mp.

I'm sure if you're going to be giving money to Runic either way they don't really mind what you do with the rest of your money...

Torchlight has been updated. 67 Steam achievements, Cloud Support and a price drop - just 8EURO!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

A bit disappointed that the achievements don't retroactively unlock (despite the game having tracked a lot of the stats before the update), but I haven't played through as a Destroyer yet, so it gives me an excuse to start.

A bit disappointed that the achievements don't retroactively unlock (despite the game having tracked a lot of the stats before the update), but I haven't played through as a Destroyer yet, so it gives me an excuse to start.

I'm in the exact same boat as you friend. I put a bow on the main mission last night, which was neat, and now I have an excuse to put all these orange/purples to use that I picked up on my ranger.

The last boss was somewhat dissapointing, I just spammed the shit out of nuke shot

The last boss was somewhat dissapointing, I just spammed the shit out of nuke shot

I beat it yesterday and did the exact same thing. I called some low power minions to distract him and than simultaniusly attacked him with my magic stick and nukes.

The game after 20 hours still fells fresh although I think this will soon be gone since I'm about at that point where I saw most of the diffrent art. Also I'm missing the option to buy indentify scrolls because I get into the mode where I sell armor unidentifyed because I know my current one is better and save scrolls for weapons.

Also, as much as a dog can be helpfull, it can also be incredably anoying. When I'm fishing, trying to concentrate on those 2 blue circles he is happilly running around with his tung out of his mouth and tail waving.

Man this game is addictive. I bought it in the holiday steam sale and beat Ordrak last night, after about 30 hours in 10 days on hard mode. And I still want to get my vanquisher character to level 100.

Like Chris, I love using the guns. They are just so satisfying. I wish using dual pistols conferred more benefit. However I found a couple of awesome bows that I just couldn't turn down. Hmm the transmuter ought to be able to transform a weapon's type I think.

The first bow may look insane in terms of DPS, but I bring your attention to the critical strikes bonuses of the Peacekeeper. Using that gives me huge crits on one third of my shots.

At a 13% chance of disenchantment, I'm wondering whether I dare risk trying for more speed upgrade on it.

post-162-13375603185836_thumb.jpg

post-162-13375603186259_thumb.jpg

Edited by DanJW

Congratulations on a fantastic game, Liquid. It feels like real, honest-to-goodness PC game. I think Chris said something similar in the podcast.

Meanwhile... the music in Torchlight is of course excellent, but when I need a break from it (after around 25 hours or so) I have found that listening to a blues-rock internet radio station fits surprisingly well. It lends the game a nice post-modern aesthetic that oddly compliments the victoriana and steampunk stuff. Any other good matches that people have discovered?

In case you weren't joking/sarcastic - I, unfortunately, have no affiliation with Runic whatsoever. Other than being a huge fan :D I was just being too lazy to put the quote tags when I copied this from their twitter account :D

Congratulations on a fantastic game, Liquid. It feels like real, honest-to-goodness PC game. I think Chris said something similar in the podcast.

Meanwhile... the music in Torchlight is of course excellent, but when I need a break from it (after around 25 hours or so) I have found that listening to a blues-rock internet radio station fits surprisingly well. It lends the game a nice post-modern aesthetic that oddly compliments the victoriana and steampunk stuff. Any other good matches that people have discovered?

There's a Diablo music patch, I use that.

In case you weren't joking/sarcastic - I, unfortunately, have no affiliation with Runic whatsoever. Other than being a huge fan :D I was just being too lazy to put the quote tags when I copied this from their twitter account :D

How would anyone think that your post wasn't genuine? (It's not like we don't have developers on here...)

with the exception of a few, most members don't play games, only create them

with the exception of a few, most members don't play games, only create them

Everyone here is made in Jake's image.

There's a Diablo music patch, I use that.

Good suggestion, but also by Matt Uelmen.

My internet went down while I was playing, so winamp moved through my mp3 library onto the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines soundtrack, which randomly happened to be there. Turns out that gothic-industrial music also works well, although results in a bit too much adrenaline if it suddenly comes on while fighting several bosses at once.

So, I've played Torchlight for an hour on normal : it involved a lot of right clicking and struggling to gather the huge amount of items falling on the floor ... not bad but not awesome; Hack'n Slash might not be a genre I'm inclined to after all. However, if it requires a bit more brain/tactics on higher difficulty, I might change my mind : is there a way to change the difficulty setting without having to create a new character ?

There is if you enable the dev console. Here's a page on the most helpful Torchlight wiki:

http://en.runicgamesfansite.com/rgwiki/index.php?title=Console

Sending the pet back to town has proved pretty helpful with the masses of loot. Although at higher levels I only pick up magic items.

Hack n Slash is definitely a bubble-popping kind of fun, although I've found in its best parts Torchlight does have some tactics coming into play - like running around to get the monsters to stand in a line, so I can blast them with all at once with an ice javelin or ember beam (gotta love the ember beam).

The real addictive qualities come with advancement though - you are always just shy of a new level or a new piece of awesome equipment... and then once you get them you just have to go and try them out... and then you are just shy of the next thing again...