toblix

Happy Birthday!

Haha different Nick, but yes happy birthday! (He is my brother)

I don't know if this really counts, but I forgot I had an account on this forum until I got the friendly automatic "happy birthday" notification on February 22 - and a visit to the forum revealed to me the revival of the podcast and a subsequent interest in actually joining a forum discussion. Thanks, automatic updates!

Yay! Happy Birthday Fuzz!!!! If I had the money I'd buy you a computer right now so I could kick your ass on multiplayer everything every day :mock: :mock: :mock:!!!! Just kidding, you would still win Civ all the time by kissing the ass of the AI leaders. Goddamnit.

I was away for the weekend but happy later birthday Lobster!

I waited a few days to calm down before I wrote this review, so now I'm only slightly irritated.

I came here on a Saturday night for a friend's surprise party. If there's an economic downturn, you wouldn't know it if you were waiting for a table at this Red Lobster. It was PACKED.

We went early to get a table as they do not take reservations. We knew that we would have to wait since we were a party of 12. The guy seating people said that he'd have to save a section for us and it might be a while.

30 minutes...45 minutes...60 minutes...We waited an hour and a half. The guy (a few days ago, I would have written idiot) sat two different parties in the section he was saving for us and then said we had to wait until they finished eating. Oh. My. God.

When we were finally seated, the manager showed up (where was he before?) and got the servers working like a machine. Our servers were polite and attentive and fast.

We had the ultimate fondue appetizer, which was too rich and salty. The seafood in it tasted as if it had been frozen. I had North Pacific King Crab Legs, which were meaty and served pre-sliced (easy to pick apart), but they were also too salty. Everyone's food was too salty.

So, between the guy (hmm, maybe I should write idiot?) pushing tables up front, and the salty food, it's probably better to avoid this place if you are watching your blood pressure.

I figured you guys would dig this. This is how awesome my wife is: attached is a birthday present she made for me. :tup::tup::tup::tup:

Sorry I've been awol lately. The awolness is likely to continue. Happy birthday to everyone else, yay to the rebirth of the podcast, etc.

post-10-13375603195275_thumb.jpg