toblix

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday, Sleepdance! May you win a match of Left 4 Dead 2 Versus somewhere in this year. :D

Happy birthday, Nach! I expect stories of adventure that will regale the GTA group this week!

Apparently Jon is born some years ago, Happy birthday to you both.

Happy Birthday Nachimir! Knowing you, you probably did something awesome and creative ;)

Also to nolan, JonCole and hockeyman.

Happy Birthday to Armchair General a.k.a. Andy a.k.a. Don't-let-him-touch-you-he's-not-a-doctor-yet. :D

Hope you had a great day, man. :)

Thanks to all of you. I'm thinking of buying myself some sort of instrument for the summer and came to conclusion that harmonica with a 40 years old guitar will be the perfect combination. Anyway, I'm looking at those 2 at the moment:

-HOHNER harmonica 562/20MSC PRO HARP

-HOHNER harmonica 590/20E BIG RIVER HARP

-or anything from here:http://www.bigbang.si/rezultati-iskanja?idcatalog=331&sstr=orglice

Anyone with any experience with harmonicas?

Happy belated birthdays to Armchair and Sleepdance :)

Thanks guys. I actually had a really quiet weekend, which was what I wanted this year. It involved: riding a bike, walking in the park, and an exceptionally low-key party :tup:

Also got one of these:

FNG-Contact-Fire-Staff-6x65mm%20wicks.jpg

Going to have to practice for a while before I feel like lighting it though :)

I have no idea what that is. If you turn it on, does it go like this?

eu_sm.jpg

Because that'd be pretty cool.

Sorry. It's a fire staff. When you soak it in paraffin and light it, it does this:

3QlaMbril3Q

Triple wicks are going to create quite a bit of flame, but it's moving so fast that if you hit yourself it only generally frazzles a bit of hair. I'm used to fire poi, but a bit worried about twatting myself with the staff for now...

Sorry. It's a fire staff. When you soak it in paraffin and light it, it does this:

3QlaMbril3Q

Triple wicks are going to create quite a bit of flame, but it's moving so fast that if you hit yourself it only generally frazzles a bit of hair. I'm used to fire poi, but a bit worried about twatting myself with the staff for now...

Staffs don't tend to hurt, unless you hit certain areas, most of the head, toes, etc. Or if you are me and decide it's a good idea to use a mahogany pole instead of a staff, that was more of a weapon though, it span at a fantastic speed though. I haven't ever used fire for both financial reasons and the stuff I do would set someone on fire.

I'm planning to build a new prop in the coming weeks, sort of a hybrid between a staff and poi, I built a single tailed one a few years back, I don't know how well it's going to work, which doesn't matter. The basic build will be a hollow metal pole with string running through it attached to 2 tennis balls.

I'm keen to see that, and think it would probably work a little like meteors. Will probably take some practice to nail movements that get them swinging cleanly* on the ends of the staff, but it seems possible. At the very least, they should be able to trail the staff, but maybe some nice flourishes will be possible too :tup:

* I'm never sure how to explain this. You know when you get poi just right, and the strings pull tight for an entire move rather than letting the poi flop into dead zones where the string sags, then pulls tight again? That's what I mean.