gdf

Life

Some asshole from outside goes to the exam proctor and fucking talks as loud as he fucking can about how he hasn't seen him "since 2009".

That's like when people say "I haven't eaten since breakfast," and you're like, "So what? It's fucking noon."

Edit: Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk. Now my boss just told me I have to work at 10 am tomorrow. My exam's at 12! And then I'm gonna work the weekend! And visit my old high school! Fuck fuck fuck. FUCK.

What the fuck? Can your boss do that? Are you going to at least be off in time to write the test?

Yeah, it's just a training thing, I found out. If she's not late, I should be able to bolt out, get a cab, hitch it back and do the exam, then do the lab thing and go to bed at 3pm. It's a fun, excitement-filled life.

...:(

I recently saw a job posting for an agency I'm interested in whose job would be located in Molesworth UK. I looked it up and it's north of London, kinda halfway between London and Birmingham. I don't have anywhere near the qualifications for the job, but out of curiosity, is there anything up there? I watch a lot of British tv and movies but I've never heard anything about that area of England.

I recently saw a job posting for an agency I'm interested in whose job would be located in Molesworth UK. I looked it up and it's north of London, kinda halfway between London and Birmingham. I don't have anywhere near the qualifications for the job, but out of curiosity, is there anything up there? I watch a lot of British tv and movies but I've never heard anything about that area of England.

It's an RAF village I think? It's about 30 miles from Cambridge, less to Peterbourgh. It doesn't seem to have particularly good transport links to any of these places though. It's probably a very Conservative area, most villages in the neighbouring counties are. It's likely a very quiet place.

It's probably a very Conservative area

Ah, so they do lots of jams, marmalades, pickles, that sort of thing? Sounds like a sweet town.

Contract is finally here, start monday. Been a long old fucking road.

Will be in London most weeks now, so if anyone fancies drinks...?

Also, will be visiting Boston for a weekend imminently as well, as soon as I have paid a few bills etc. I know there's a t least 1 person from there on here, if you fancy a beer or 10 at some point?

Have a rough idea of when you'll be in Boston? I might be willing to go up there for a weekend. I really want to see the Constitution.

Not sure yet I'm afraid. I said I'd pay flights/accommodation for both of us, so will take at least month to build up funds. Then will have to fit it around other plans.

Incidentally - any recommendations for places to stay?

What the fuck does that mean?! Makes me angry just reading it.

It means I'm not worth the paper they wipe their shit with after the farts they like to smell turn into a stream of diarrhetic shit.

Though yesterday's exam went well - I think I'll get a full grade :):woohoo: - and work today was a lot of fun. So yay.

It means I'm not worth the paper they wipe their shit with after the farts they like to smell turn into a stream of diarrhetic shit.

Though yesterday's exam went well - I think I'll get a full grade :):woohoo: - and work today was a lot of fun. So yay.

Phew! At least you had a good end to a thoroughly shit week. Beer time!

GRRR!!!!

Again I'm home late. Yesterday because some fucking retarded impatient football (a.k.a. soccer) hooligans decided to walk on the train tracks, and the police therefor closed the whole train station for an hour. And today some asshole took a closer look of a train, with as result that I had to take a 30 minutes detour by train to get home.

As an experiment, when Summer was over last year I just threw a tarp over my "garden" furniture (cushions and all) out on the patio (or whatever it's called). A couple of days ago I remove the tarp and found that in each chair the seat had been covered in a thick, lush carpet of cat hair. Apparently I had made an awesome cat-house.

This year, add a movement-activated time-lapse camera.

Last Friday I got a phone call telling me the flat my friend and I had been intending to rent had been let out by the landlady behind the agent's back. We'd paid £100 deposit each, which is of course being returned to us, but it still makes me wonder what the point of the deposit was in the first place, and we're both out some small amount of money (he had to pay to get a reference from the bank, and I had bought a weekly rather than a monthly train ticket for the remainder of my time where I currently am, which is not as efficient), on top of which we're back to square one and it's completely messed up my timetable for all this stuff. I don't know how common or uncommon this sort of thing is, as I haven't done much abode-moving before, but it's quite annoying. Everywhere else in the area seems to be intended for couples (which we are not), and has one bedroom much smaller than the other and quite obviously intended for a child or guest or mouse or something. Also, the whole process of finding places and looking at them and working out how much you're willing to compromise is a terrible bore.

Last Friday I got a phone call telling me the flat my friend and I had been intending to rent had been let out by the landlady behind the agent's back. We'd paid £100 deposit each, which is of course being returned to us, but it still makes me wonder what the point of the deposit was in the first place, and we're both out some small amount of money (he had to pay to get a reference from the bank, and I had bought a weekly rather than a monthly train ticket for the remainder of my time where I currently am, which is not as efficient), on top of which we're back to square one and it's completely messed up my timetable for all this stuff. I don't know how common or uncommon this sort of thing is, as I haven't done much abode-moving before, but it's quite annoying. Everywhere else in the area seems to be intended for couples (which we are not), and has one bedroom much smaller than the other and quite obviously intended for a child or guest or mouse or something. Also, the whole process of finding places and looking at them and working out how much you're willing to compromise is a terrible bore.

I know what you mean. Me and a friend of mine are trying to find our own place, and it's incredibly frustrating. We can't get in a university owned halls because as a new student, you can "apply" up until August, but if you're a current student, you need to apply by March, which is completely asanine. We wanted a halls placement because bills are a pain in the arse, but what are you gonna do.

We're now looking for a privately owned place, of which there are many, so I'm not too worried. Plus the fact there's 2 of us, and we're both third years, so that gives us an air of legitimacy as it were, at least as opposed to some 18 year old from London who wants to get "wasted" every night. I forsee a frustrating week or two ahead, however.

JamesM, think of it as dodging a crappy untrustworthy landlady.

Yeah, totally. Unfortunately, we have no real way of determining what the next one will be like. we'd been assured that this one was good by the agent, so apparently we can't rely on that kind of recommendation. Of course, you can't rely on much of anything an agent tells you. They just want to sell you a property. Or let it or whatever.

Anyway, thanks.

Took a few days off from work to help out with a festival I helped create and organize for 9 years now. If you're in the Netherlands, and the vicinity of Enschede you should check out Green Vibrations.

Seriously, how come so many landlords/ladies are dicks? I've had 4 apartments in as many years, and they've all been various degrees of douches. I thought my last guy was really okay, until I discovered that he turned the internet off at night, because of radiation. (!)

The place I live now is temporary, and apparently that's a very good thing, because apparently they refused the tennants here new ovens in the winter, despite them asking again and again. They said the kitchen was at 8C at one point...

I'll be moving again this summer, hopefully into an apartment owned by the student association.

Seriously, how come so many landlords/ladies are dicks?

I'd say it'd be a combination of these simple facts.

All people are bastard coated bastards with a bastard filling.

Everyone is dick.

Also, being a landlord is probably pretty hard, stressful and risky.