gdf

Life

I feel like I need to write something here the next time I get drunk, but I usually watch or play something and go to bed when I come home drunk.

Look at you guys, you interesting drunks you.

yer drunk, gimme your keys.

I HAVE A CONFESSION

I hate smilies. These stupid emoticon images. I hate them. I like them in text form, which is why I always do them backwards, if I can. (: ): U:

BUT SOMETIMES I CAN'T AVOID IT BECAUSE THERE'S NO BACKWARDS D

D:

:D NO NO NO NOOOOO

I used to go like (|: but that's fucking stupid.

I don't really have a reason for this hatred. They're just annoying. I think it might be that they convey way more expression than I actually want to convey. Or they make a face that I wouldn't actually make when trying to convey that emotion.

PFEH.

I may or may not be as emotionally invested in this as the above text portrays.

I bet you'd like them if they were Goldblum smilies. Imagine having the Goldblum equivalent expression for every type of stupid smily.

i would absolutely like them if they were goldblum smilies

I wonder what the chances would be of making that happen? That would be just too fucking perfect on this forum.

Sweet! If it happens can I get an honorable mention? I'm such a noob at this I had no idea how to make such a request.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but the picture was unrelated to Goldblum smilies.

You know those nights where you stay up all night in the vain hope that you'll finish (or at least come close to finishing) a vital piece of work for your degree?

Do you also know what it's like to come nowhere near that goal?

Cool. I do.

I HAVE A CONFESSION

I hate smilies. These stupid emoticon images. I hate them. I like them in text form, which is why I always do them backwards, if I can. (: ): U:

BUT SOMETIMES I CAN'T AVOID IT BECAUSE THERE'S NO BACKWARDS D

D:

:D NO NO NO NOOOOO

I used to go like (|: but that's fucking stupid.

I don't really have a reason for this hatred. They're just annoying. I think it might be that they convey way more expression than I actually want to convey. Or they make a face that I wouldn't actually make when trying to convey that emotion.

PFEH.

I may or may not be as emotionally invested in this as the above text portrays.

=D

I've used the = before but I prefer the :. ):

My friend just threw up on the train. This is the worst.

If you click on 'more reply options' you get the ability to disable emoticons for your post :D

Yeah but that gets tedious.

LISTEN. I KNOW ALL THESE OPTIONS EXIST. I was just... I dunno. EXPRESSING!!!!

FOR FUN!!!!!!!!

ou know those nights where you stay up all night in the vain hope that you'll finish (or at least come close to finishing) a vital piece of work for your degree?

Do you also know what it's like to come nowhere near that goal?

Cool. I do.

All-nighters are so dumb. I'm very glad I realised this at some point and started planning better. (Sorry man, I've been there. Learn from it!)

I find that if I just go to bed at a reasonable time, the work is magically done the next morning.

Definitely true for me with a lot of the more complex programming or design problems I run into. I've woken up with the solution in my mind so often!

Of course that only happens after putting in a bunch of seemingly dead-end work on the previous day, but still.

Osmosisch, I've got a question for you. You just explained you are a vegetarian. I'm curious, do you raise your kids as vegetarians? If so, or if not, what's your reasoning?

I don't, because I do not consider it ethical or healthy to make such sweeping lifestyle decisions for them while they are under my power.

Further, a balanced diet with a evolutionarily sensible amount of meat in it (i.e. once a week or so) is probably healthier for them, though I'm sure the difference is minimal because I pay a lot of attention to eating healthy already.

It's an interesting choice you have to make as a parent. Here's an obviously way skewed example from real life, a mother who lets her children eat only raw vegetables: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rauw_en_Rauwer

I don't think it would make a lot of difference, ethically, if you raised your kids as vegetarians or not. As long as the health of the child isn't in danger, there is no moral conclusion to be had, one eating style over the other. I do wonder though; do you talk to them about not eating meat yourself? Do they notice it, and ask questions?

It hasn't really come up yet; the eldest is only 2 years and 3 months so she mostly takes the way things are as a given. The 'why' stage is still coming up (hoping it's less irritating than the 'no' stage).

I do think it is a moral choice to entirely deprive a child of a particular avenue of experience that is so fundamental to a great majority of both current and historical humanity. Along these lines, I also don't object when my parents want to take her to church (as long as she's not forced to stay in there against her will, meaning she gets bored and is out there within ten minutes anyway).

Basically, my view on parenting is: restrict only where necessary (for safety or one's own sanity), explain everything, and let the rest sort itself out. A Hippocratic parenting oath, if you will.

All-nighters are so dumb. I'm very glad I realised this at some point and started planning better. (Sorry man, I've been there. Learn from it!)

I'VE DONE IT BEFORE. I try to keep to a better work habit. Really, I do. Then this shit just ends up happening, and I end up somehow getting good grades and so I've never really learned. :(

I like goofy smileys. Ones I frequently use:

OuO = happy

OnO = sad

QnQ = sad enough to cry

o u o = blissfully ignorant

3__3 = tired

UuU = tucked in

u_u = sleeping

x__x = out of it

♥u♥ = wuv

=u= = the Konata face

=n= = unhappy Konata face 

:0 = dull surprise

:0c = dull revelation (the c is like holding a hand up to your face or chin)

:U = aghast

:T = ambivalent

:Tc = thinking

:3c = nyoro~n

:I = poker face

:J = smuggy mcsmuggerson

:I

}:I

>:I

= gradual anger

:U

:I