gdf

Life

Just remember, Nolan is an island.

Good luck on the birthies. Double cesarean, poor lass,

Ah you've been bitten by the Nolan North bug too! :tup:

Actually my wife first thought of it and I instantly approved. I gave two reasons why it was an awesome name: Nolan North and Nolan Ryan.

So I still have no job.

I was not approved for Employment Insurance. I was denied because I did not work enough hours at my last job.

I now have no other options than to apply for welfare. (Or get a job really quickly, but that hasn't worked yet.)

This whole ordeal is just leaving me... I dunno. Strained. Drained. I just dont want to deal with all of this anymore, I just want to have a job I go to and make enough money to cover my rent and bills. That's all.

Good luck Zeus. Only a little disappointed you will it be naming him Aresthekitten.

Being unemployed sucks ucantalas. I hope things pick up soon for you.

Just remember that when he creates an Idle Thumbs account I already have a stake on his name.

Oh yeah? Well I will start my alternate account called SecretAsianKid...

Then one day we will log on under all of our accounts simultaneously and have some weird fucked up family reunion where we are both ourselves and imaginary bastard children. 

Edit: That sounds like a good title for an indie game: "Imaginary Bastard Children".

I watched Monsters U on the weekend and I don't think there's enough interest for a thread of it, but I wanna mention it so here's my review:

It's got laffs and fun nods to the first one, it's cute, but the plot and characters and the whole situation are as template as it gets. It's a college movie, with every scene from that Simpsons episode in-tact. I had fun, enough, but they didn't do anything special or remarkable. The last half hour really got me- it's also where they drop all the cliche on-campus stuff and just get down to the characters.

Then I went back and watched Monster Inc. again, and holy heck what a movie. The beginning, middle and end just had me sitting back thinking "how did they come up with this?". Smart, creative, unique, loads of personality, a super identifiable original score, I have way too many good things to say about it.

Maybe watch M.U, definitely watch M.Inc again.

Two of four or so baseball cards I've ever owned owned were Nolan Ryan, so I suppose that says something. Go baby! Congratulations! (Well except for the hospital crap.)

So I still have no job.

I was not approved for Employment Insurance. I was denied because I did not work enough hours at my last job.

I now have no other options than to apply for welfare. (Or get a job really quickly, but that hasn't worked yet.)

This whole ordeal is just leaving me... I dunno. Strained. Drained. I just dont want to deal with all of this anymore, I just want to have a job I go to and make enough money to cover my rent and bills. That's all.

Geez, dealing with the same here. Unemployment decided to deny any benefits yesterday after nearly 7 months of "research." I'm going to try to appeal it because I feel like I was wrongfully terminated for all intents and purposes, so now I have to cite a bunch of labor laws on a phone conference in hope that the state will change it's mind. Feels hopeless either way.

I hope you find something soon. What field are you in?

Can we skip the baby scat humor? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shit begins at conception.

Oh yeah, congrats Zeus! That's awesome! :tup:

Geez, dealing with the same here. Unemployment decided to deny any benefits yesterday after nearly 7 months of "research." I'm going to try to appeal it because I feel like I was wrongfully terminated for all intents and purposes, so now I have to cite a bunch of labor laws on a phone conference in hope that the state will change it's mind. Feels hopeless either way.

I hope you find something soon. What field are you in?

Ah, that sucks. On the plus side I only had to wait 2 months to find out I wasn't eligible, not 7.

As for what I do... What I have are a very particular set of skills, that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

(Actually I am a programmer Specifically aimed at video game development. I've been finding it incredibly difficult to find anything I'm qualified for. Most times I end up applying for positions I'm not entirely qualified for, just in case. But I still never hear anything back.)

Can we skip the baby scat humor? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You know what? Since joining these forums I've grown up a bit, from a 28 year old baby to a 28 year old manly man. I've buried my poop humor deep down. Maybe a little too deep. I can't make any promises but if my poo humor resurfaces I will take every effort to make sure that it will only be super intelligent observations, Molyneux style.

And thank you so much to everyone for the kind wishes. It means a lot to hear such kind words from mysterious internet people.

Oh yeah, congrats Zeus! That's awesome! :tup:

Ah, that sucks. On the plus side I only had to wait 2 months to find out I wasn't eligible, not 7.

As for what I do... What I have are a very particular set of skills, that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

(Actually I am a programmer Specifically aimed at video game development. I've been finding it incredibly difficult to find anything I'm qualified for. Most times I end up applying for positions I'm not entirely qualified for, just in case. But I still never hear anything back.)

Shit two months sounds even more terrible even if it's maybe off by two weeks.

Also you were scaring me a bit there, making me wonder if I had offended you in some way and caused you to want to hunt me down.

Congrats, Zeus. May your new baby give you dozens of new shit and piss related anecdotes.

gY8YDBH.png

e: my oldest once shat up my wife's sleeve. Reached the elbow!

I also imagined you were super old Zeus, like 36. I guess it's the kid. I'm only a year younger than you. I don't think I can handle dealing with children as I'm pretty bad at prioritizing my life, tasks, and general responsible budgeting of time as it so it's probably a no go. My way too long girlfriend does not seem to want kids though so it's fine.

Unfortunately she might be a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, suddenly becoming obsessed with the idea of having them one day. Be prepared!

Shit two months sounds even more terrible even if it's maybe off by two weeks.

Also you were scaring me a bit there, making me wonder if I had offended you in some way and causing you to want to hunt me down.

Haha, sorry if I worried you. I saw an opportunity to use the speech from "Taken", so I went with it.

No, sure better not have a biological clock to change her mind! I have no time for children, I have a huge video game backlog to deal with!

We had our baby boy yesterday morning! 7 lbs 10 oz (3.46 kg) and 21 inches (53.3 cm) long. Everything is going well so far except for the severe lack of sleep. My poor wife has only had three hours of sleep in the last 2 days. Sleeping in a hospital is near impossible with all the interruptions.

Congratulations! In honour of the event let's all enjoy the top five Nolans on Google Images:

nolan-gerard-funk-nolan-gerard-funk-7312

nolan-sotillo-prom-premiere-06.jpg

games-fellow-nolan-bushnell-crop-2924.jp

nolan12.jpg

Nolan_Gould.jpg