gdf

Life

I'm sure the sodding pigeon would make a good one night stand, that would cheer you up for sure !

I'm sure the sodding pigeon would make a good one night stand, that would cheer you up for sure !

It's funny because British guys call women "birds."

And American guys call women pigeons.

(Note: I'm British and I never called women "birds", although it's true that some British men do.)

I do :)

Usually in the context of "some hot birds over there bud" or something to that effect.

It did, kinda. Surprising! Mostly because I'm an English student and word play is delicious.

"Check out the gams on that broad!"

Oh and I recently moved into a new apartment with a few friends, hence the posting hiatus (unnoticed) and general lack of gaming, which I hope to remedy through liberal application of Shadow Complex and SNES finds.

And American guys call women pigeons.

[/size]

I've never heard it outside of that song. But maybe I don't spend enough time in the right places.

Yeah, I know. I've never heard outside that song, either... but some men somewhere apparently do -- even if it's just a bunch of guys making it up for a song :)

maybe you already know this, but just in case, it's actually a parody response to this song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So it seems like maybe they just made it up for that song.

It's not a "parody", it was supposedly a "response" to TLC's international hit song. (I was working in a record store when both were released and got to hear all about it.)

It's not a "parody", it was supposedly a "response" to TLC's international hit song. (I was working in a record store when both were released and got to hear all about it.)

I think I said parody-response. I had all my bases covered, thank you. :hah:

Life is pretty sweet for me now. I got a snazzy new job and moved to London, which is a crazy place. If anyone in (West-)London wants to grab a pint sometime and maybe sit around and baboo for a bit let me know.

Wow, that sounds so dirty.

I've just started uni and freshers' week has been fantastic! Started out surprisingly dull, but got progressively more awesome to the point that it qualified as "totally rad".

Also, I got published on Gamasutra :woohoo:

Am I Remo's workmate yet?

Things are good.

Awesome, well done!

--

I'm settling in my new place in Walworth (right near where Charlie Chaplin was born), which is in South London (pronounced Lun-dun). Getting back into the swing of work. University course starts next week, which should be fun!