Garple

(IGN.com)

Wasn't this the video which started all of the Citizen Kane stuff? I saw it close to when it was aired and it kick started a lot of it at least.

No, some people had been writing that "Someday the Citizen Kane of games will come!" but this guy just claimed that it was already here, in the form of Metroid Prime. :fart:

Not that there is anything wrong with Metroid Prime.

The Avatar of games?

Or, you know, James Cameron's Avatar: The Movie: The Game. :grin:

YES I KNOW.

I actually thought of a semi-funny one the other day.

"It is the Citizen Kane of not being the Citizen Kane of video games!" - IGN.com

"It is the Street Fighter: The Movie of video games" - IGN.com

(I will not be surprised if one of you tells me this has been used somewhere)

Oh, IGN.com, you've lost that in-your-face spirit. Your pull quotes aren't what they used to be.

Nier

"Thanks to the copious amounts of blood that spew from the father's shadowy enemies, I found a fair amount of satisfaction from the Nier battles." - IGN.com

Puffins: Let's Roll

"It's repetitive, boring and a bit straining on your hand over time." - IGN.com

IGN may be a little better nowadays with Anthony Gallegos and Arthur Gies on watch, but developers continue to carry the torch of producing shitty quotes for shitty games. Case in point, Two Worlds 2:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdvP0RR0YdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdvP0RR0YdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"Intriguing" - IGN.com

Two uses of the word intriguing in the preview:

The visual effects weren't fully implemented in the build I saw so I can't speak as to whether the casting looks good, but the potential for customization was really impressive, and made the idea of playing a caster more intriguing to me than it usually is in other fantasy games.
With a game like Two Worlds 2 it's ultimately hard to say how good or bad it could be until you get to try it, but the new engine and obvious attention to the critiques that were leveled against the original make the sequel intriguing.

Ah, Southpeak, you dirty dogs.

"Intriguing" - IGN.com

Those are some pretty awful quotes for a trailer. I haven't followed this but from the initial comments I saw it's expected to suck, even with some neat visuals.

Anyway, pretty hilarious and vague quotes that really could be taken out of context.

"Interesting"

"Theres something on my screen"

"I dunno..."

"Gamers are in for a surprise... because this is a flaming turd"

"Already looks worlds apart... from anything playable"

Haha "Intriguing". Anyone else read that in a droll British voice?

Though the quote Southpeak used to describe Two Worlds is itself ridiculous: "Travel the lands and towns of Antaloor including an expanded area Southeast and experience breathtaking landscapes, lively cities, and the thrilling call of ferocious battle."

Haha "Intriguing". Anyone else read that in a droll British voice?

Though the quote Southpeak used to describe Two Worlds is itself ridiculous: "Travel the lands and towns of Antaloor including an expanded area Southeast and experience breathtaking landscapes, lively cities, and the thrilling call of ferocious battle."

What tickles me (insert colour here) about Two Worlds 2, is that it won't be particularly hard to top the first one. Which "intrigues" me as to why everyone is trying to murder the thing in pre-release.

The first one was a very generic sort of hack-and-slash, with a couple interesting ideas. That's about it.

Not hard to top that. If nothing else, it was a very expansive world, and I enjoy that.

Tell me that's not an actual movie. . .Please?

Quality, in a not kind of way :)

"A freight train of awesome, smashing into your nuts" - IGN.com

Here's a real one I found:

"Deadly Premonition is the definition of a system seller; it will make you want to sell your system." --IGN.com

Pretty snappy for IGN, huh?

Here's a real one I found:

"Deadly Premonition is the definition of a system seller; it will make you want to sell your system." --IGN.com

Pretty snappy for IGN, huh?

That's pretty great.

Well done IGN.

"Peace Walker is phenomenal at dangling carrots in front of your face."

-- IGN.com

Hmmm, not "IGN" enough...

"Peace Walker is phenomenal at dangling carrots in front of your face."

-- IGN.com

Much better.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

Goodbye old friend.

A single tear rolls slowly down my cheek reflecting the sharp, harsh light of a sole monitor in a darkened room.

Roll credits. :violin:

End of credits easter egg:

"This forum has raped my face!" -IGN.com

''You'll be a glutton for punishment.''-IGN.com

''Some people have been calling this an on rails shooter, but that is not really the case, because you can move your character freely move around the screen.''-IGN

Both real.

Edited by Sleepdance

''You'll be a glutton for punishment.''-IGN.com

''Some people have been calling this an on rails shooter, but that is not really the case, because you can move your character freely move around the screen.''-IGN

Both real.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor? I've been playing it, and it really is balls-hard. Good though.