Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I've thought about it some more and now I think AV wouldn't work in the Netherlands. That system only works if you have any sort of winner takes all scenario. The Netherlands doesn't. Every political party that gets a certain percentage of votes is awarded seats in the house of commons accordingly, and then a coalition must be made to achieve a majority of seats in order for a government to be constructed. AV would mess up that balance grandly. It would be highly unfair for all the parties that didn't become the biggest one, as they'd lose the (few) precious seats that belong to them by right of votes.

Even a single seat party has political influence. We are not winner takes all, we are discourse, compromise and cooperate. AV falters in that system, unfortunately.

Goddammit that leaflet you linked is infuriating. I'll be watching your referendum almost as closely as my own country's election, now that I know about it. Keep fighting the good fight, Nach.

Yes, it made my blood boil when it arrived through our postbox. *sigh*

The Netherlands doesn't. Every political party that gets a certain percentage of votes is awarded seats in the house of commons accordingly,

Sounds like Proportional Representation. Here in the UK the Liberal Democrats and others were originally pushing for that. However the rest of government made it clear that it was totally out of the question and it would not be considered. So AV was wheeled out as a compromise. If AV gets through it may pave the way for Proportional Rep in the future.

I'm not sure if this is for a the politics thread since it is pretty cool:

The Obligatory comical YouTube thread, where all comical things go to die.

LxaLI2gt6f0

This thread has lost some of its edge ever since we split off the politics talk into its own place. :tdown:

BEHOLD! The only good thing to come of "Like a G6."

54VJWHL2K3I

Double dream feet all the way!

I'm sorry.

awesome \o/

Double dream feet... what does it mean :)

also, is it just me... or did he really fuck up the jazz hands?

excellent... there is more:

1qTY73Ruq_E

wbW6xqX-ux4

Double Dream Feet seems like it should be a lot more majestic than "Slap your thighs!".

In other videos, I can't believe nobody has posted this yet:

QH2-TGUlwu4

If you go to www.nyan.cat you can test your patience, my record is 1000 seconds.

Also, check this out.

BeGjTiUqw8U

Edited by Thompson

Maru ups that cat many times. Maru is awesome.

If you go to www.nyan.cat you can test your patience, my record is 1000 seconds.

Not to be a braggart, since bragging that something is fundamentally wrong with you as a human being is a poor choice, but I can listen to Nyan Cat all day. It's actually kind of soothing, hence my being broken.

Remixes are fantastic as well, mostly.