Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

nice ending :)

It seems that has become a standard trope of Minecraft machinima, tutorials, demo vids.: ...and then they all lived happily ever after were all blown up by creepers. The End.

It may be beginning to overstay its welcome.

It seems that has become a standard trope of Minecraft machinima, tutorials, demo vids.: ...and then they all lived happily ever after were all blown up by creepers. The End.

It may be beginning to overstay its welcome.

yeah yeah... then you make one that doesn't have that ending. You hater.

This has it all:

npgdw5Zb7TY

:upward-fart-spiral-of-thumb-down-vomit:

That is possibly the worst thing on this earth. That music combined with religion. I need to go have a drink. Of bleach. Through my ear.

Religious people actually do take religion that seriously.

"Praise the lord, for I am happy because of him!"

Because of a fictional, non-proven father figure with cosmic powers. You're sure it's not the Prozak. . .

I digress. Religion be crazy.

This is adorable and hilarious!

d5mK7dzyUkM

Theme parks man. Some of the stuff they have for that sort of looping attraction is really weird. But things like the Tiki-Tiki Room at Disney California, things like that (the video) where they get audience participation, and all manner of things. Great stuff. It's like I realized this morning, Loony Toons is more or less guaranteed to make me smile, no matter how I feel. Same thing with this sort of tom-foolery. Guess I'm a child somewhere in my wretched soul.

I always wanted to work at a theme park when I was younger, I have to admit. However, from my understanding, unless you were an active ride/attraction 'presenter' it's pretty shit.

Their website looks depressively legit. :(

Didn't anyone else notice the descriptions on the pad at the beginning on the video? How about the word PARODY in the title? What about on their site where they say: "We take comedy seriously, so take this opportunity to laugh along with us and use the video to invite your friends to church."

The Church is real, but the video is a PISSTAKE.

Really, I'm a little disappointed in my fellow Thumbs for not getting the joke.

Take the following video:

DvMhXh1xH8E

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Didn't anyone else notice the descriptions on the pad at the beginning on the video? How about the word PARODY in the title? What about on their site where they say: "We take comedy seriously, so take this opportunity to laugh along with us and use the video to invite your friends to church."

The Church is real, but the video is a PISSTAKE.

Really, I'm a little disappointed in my fellow Thumbs for not getting the joke.

erm.. yes, ThunderPeel2001 I saw the word parody in the title. But I took that to mean a parody of that Rebecca Black video and not that go-to-church-every-sunday worshipping-worshipping "God is my friend" lifestyle the video is promoting. Of course, if the video really was a parody of that mentality, then I'd be very impressed.

erm.. yes, ThunderPeel2001 I saw the word parody in the title. But I took that to mean a parody of that Rebecca Black video and not that go-to-church-every-sunday worshipping-worshipping "God is my friend" lifestyle the video is promoting. Of course, if the video really was a parody of that mentality, then I'd be very impressed.

If the song was just a cover version of Rebecca Black with the word "Friday" replaced by "Sunday", it wouldn't be a parody. That said, it's not a pisstake of the Christianity, either. It's a deliberately OTT pisstake of a view of Christianity.

Did you watch the other video I posted? Again, it's a pisstake of an impression of Christianity... made by church with a sense of humour.

Also, like the movie Dogma (written and directed by a staunch Catholic) or Easy A (also written by a staunch Christian).

Like I asked before; Did you read the cards at the opening of the video? They give you a big hint that it's a joke. I'm mean, for crying out loud, one of them reads: "Worship Practice"!

It's not like I'm offended because I'm a Christian. I'm an atheist. It's just the joke seems to have gone over everyone's head, and the lampoon is being taken as evidence of something. It's like posting Spinal Tap and people making comments about how it proves that all rock musicians are idiots. It's just plain weird.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001