Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Yea. A very strange image of Australians is starting to form in my head because of all the videos and news posted here. It used to make a lot more sense:

large_Meanwhile_in_Australia_Funny_Picture_91964.jpg

That planking thing is like a parody of every new craze that someone is always bound to take to the extreme and hurt either himself or others in the process, giving others excuse to deem the entire hobby dangerous. I guess life really is the best parody of life there is. And it's free!

Oh for fucks sake. . .

Ugh.

Ugh what? You can't just leave us hanging like that, man! We're not mindreaders! Well, Toblix is, but that guy is strange.

To put it simply, shit like this is why I revel in misanthropy as a concept. If something like this had been introduced amongst the circle of people I've surrounded myself with, the response would have been;

"Hey guys, check this out!"

*Silence*. . .

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Uh, it's this thing I've come up with, um, I call it planking. . ."

"You're a fucking idiot."

*Night continues*

Basically, I hate humanity and/or have no sense of humor.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. (I blame Orvidos for his insisting that they're not funny, and so forcing people to push the boundaries in order to get his approval. Also that newscast for basically saying, "look everyone, this is cool!".)

Social darwinism, baby!

(Not really. While I do believe that we don't need idiots breeding, no-one needs to die for a better genetic selection. No-one should ever need to die for betterment of the human race. Moving on. . .)

That sucks.

Orvidos, I can't quite understand whether you're ugh-ing at your friends for being killjoys, or at us for liking a silly thing like planking.

It's not just silly by the way, it's now silly AND deadly :tup:

To put it simply, shit like this is why I revel in misanthropy as a concept.

I'd save my misanthropy for the truly horrible and monstrous things people exercise readily. Plenty of those to go around. Planking seems to be one of the more innocent distractions there is.

@Rodi - I'm "ughing" at society for this thing being so prevalent. It's stupid.

@Nappi - I'm not exactly misanthropic about "planking" (fuck, I hate that term), it's just it makes me feel justified in that regard. "I hate people!" Why? "Because planking." (I guess I am kind of misanthropic about it, but it's more "*sigh* idiots" than anything.)

I think there is something wonderful about this sort of (mostly) harmless silliness. Quoting Oscar Wilde; we should treat all the trivial things in life very seriously, and all the serious things with sincere and studied triviality.

I think there is something wonderful about this sort of (mostly) harmless silliness. Quoting Oscar Wilde; we should treat all the trivial things in life very seriously, and all the serious things with sincere and studied triviality.

Yes, and how did that work out for him, pray tell.

As much as I love the various quotations of Oscar Wilde, they are of small use.

"So one guy dies and the planking police come out! Who is next, the walking police? Or what about the driving police? The swimming police? Anyone else?" wrote one planker Rhiannon Downie.

Law & Order: Planking

There isn't anything comical with this, but these videos of Alex Roman are amazing. All done with computer graphics and by one guy.

The Third & The Seventh:

AQ-3aRhvFwU

Above Everything Else:

iWE18YjLA8U

The only good moment wrestling ever has had, or ever will have, ladies and gentlemen.