Erkki

Trine

that looks like something I want to play

also... the wizard

You mean... THE WIZARD

Trine looks promising! I actually assumed it was a Wii game because of the pointer, but then the good graphics might have been a bit too good to be true. The gameplay reminded me of LittleBigPlanet a little, because of the physics-based obstacles and ways of interacting with the environment.

The environments and the gameplay look great, but somehow the character animations are too lifeless, which is sort of detracting, but I'll add this to my growing list of indie games to play.

The jumping animation stood out for me. All those lovely graphics and then the wooden-knee'd wizard wizard leaps 40 feet into the air. Perhaps he is casting 'improved levitation'.

Very minor nitpick though.

You mean... THE WIZARD

I wish you could embed sound files in posts. I think some forums allow that.

That looks really interesting, especially the wizard stuff. The controls are going to be really hard to nail, imo. Looks like it's mouse driven too

It's apparently coming to the PS3 as well as the PC, but yeah looks like mouse is the best input for this.

Looks really nice but from that video alone it looks to me like you can switch between characters at any time. Just in my opinion I think it would have been nice if you just picked your class and played through the game using the methods available. It would add to the replay value of the game as some classes may be able to reach certain areas that others can't. Just a thought though I guess.

Oh wow, this is looking even better. I've gotta play this.

I'm getting a Lost Vikings vibe from this now, even though people are playing simultaneously. That's always a good thing.

This does look pretty neat, I quite like the style but think it could do with a little more personality

Ever since it was unveiled I've made the mistake of hyping the shit out of it. Need to stop doing that.

Looks great though.

I must admit my interest has piqued since watching that second video. I was just talking to someone the other day about how PSN seems to get more interesting titles over it's rivals, and Trine looks to be a great example.

I'm stuck between the two versions though. On the one hand, PC has mouse control, nice and easy for drawing the shapes, whereas the DualShock 3 will be far more suited to the platforming...

If it has pad support on the PC I'll probably get that one, but I hate shitty dilemmas like this :(

If the co-op supports multiple players on the same system, that's probably better on the console?

I've been playing this for the better part of this afternoon.

So goddamn good. The score is incredible, the story is surprisingly interesting, and the visuals are stunning. Strong writing and voice-acting. Doesn't feel like this was made by a tiny independent studio of 20 at all.

Gameplay is fun and hasn't gotten repetitive yet. It really feels like each character is meant to do a specific task though. The thief feels like she's made for platforming, the wizard for puzzle solving, and the knight for combat. I'm kind of torn on whether or not I like it this way or would have preferred that it was a little more balanced. I have to play and think about it some more.

Also, THE WIZARD.

I'll have a more formal preview written by week's end. Maybe some video footage. Not sure yet.

I'll entertain questions for now.

My preview code will arrive here hopefully by the middle of next week, can't wait.

This game is Finnish. Which is interesting to me. I don't have a PS3 though, so I'll never know if it's good.

it's passed so you should say FinisheD

oops, did somebody made that joke already ? Damn that must have been a funny person...

Demo for the PC version is out. And it's amazing, a bit frustrating at times, but almost all platformers can be annoying.

Do we know if this is coming to steam? Preferably with steam achievements?:shifty: