Erkki

Trine

I think Remo mentioned something about Steam pre-order coming soon.

Finally I could add a new piece to my collection of gear-themed desktop icons.

post-74-13375603116156_thumb.png

I have issues with jumping, I suck. I keep holding "w" while trying to jump with "space", which of course doesn't result in anything.

The 2D art could use quite some improvement.

Edited by elmuerte

It really warms my heart to see games like Trine, and to a similar degree, Shadow Complex still being made.

I'm gonna get that demo this weekend!

I have problems with jumping as well. Some jumping related puzzles are a pain.

I haven't had any trouble with jumping so far (although I've only played for 10 minutes so maybe I haven't got to the problematic parts yet) but what I have had trouble with is getting down from the grapling hook and the combat.

The setting, characters and story are putting me off a bit too - I've never really been into swords and sourcery type stuff anyway and this seems like the genre at it's most banal and uninteresting.

Re: control problems...

Are you guys using a keyboard/mouse, or a controller with a d-pad?

Re: control problems...

Are you guys using a keyboard/mouse, or a controller with a d-pad?

k/m, haven't tried a gamepad, although that might work better, mario bros controls...

I am using the keyboard/mouse wasd controls. What's really confusing is 'w' is for jump, but you could also used space for jump. But sometimes you don't want to jump but rather go in a particular direction that could be associated by the 'w' key. Meh, you really have to play it, to understand what I'm trying to say.

I suppose using a controller would makes things a little more clearer. But I would rather not use the dpad on the 360 controller I have lying around.

Shit, I just realized that this a full-priced $40 game. Guess I'll be waiting for as steam sale. I first thought this was like a download-able small arcade kind of thing (Like Braid or Flock). Possibly priced around $20 max. Sorry to say it, but I am not paying more than $20.

Shit, I just realized that this a full-priced $40 game. Guess I'll be waiting for as steam sale. I first thought this was like a download-able small arcade kind of thing (Like Braid or Flock). Possibly priced around $20 max. Sorry to say it, but I am not paying more than $20.

Yeah, same here.

Demo for the PC version is out. And it's amazing, a bit frustrating at times, but almost all platformers can be annoying.

Do we know if this is coming to steam? Preferably with steam achievements?:shifty:

It's coming to Steam with Steam achievements.

Yeah just saw that and apparently its not $40 but $30 and if pre-purchased through steam, you get Shadowgrounds for free.

Still a bit too much if you ask me. But I am thinking of buying it. That's what steam does to me....:deranged:

Do we know if this is coming to steam? Preferably with steam achievements?:shifty:
Now available for pre-purchase, released for realz in July.

EDIT: Whoops, totally missed that there was another page.

Edited by thorn

heh.. the european version is 40% more expensive :/

It was this place that gave me trouble.

But it turns out it's a "you can't use the old man to kill the snake" situation (well you can but it's difficult). You gotta use the wizard!

Anyway, I'm liking it so far so maybe I'll cough up the 30€. I was afraid it was gonna be 40€ for Europe on Steam.

post-74-13375603116491_thumb.png

The setting, characters and story are putting me off a bit too - I've never really been into swords and sourcery type stuff anyway and this seems like the genre at it's most banal and uninteresting.

I don't think it takes itself too seriously...

Played some of the demo this weekend. Tried 1st with a Sega Saturn gamepad only to realize gamepads will definitely require a second analog stick, so I went with WASD and totally felt everyone's frustration with the controls. To be fair - I think trying to play a 2D platformer with WASD is kinda begging to be frustrated - but I'm not a PC-centric guy, so what do I know?

I thought the cut scene paintings were pretty ugly/amateurish (especially for a 40 dollar game - yikes!), but all the 3D stuff looked really great. Nice character models, animation and environments (in particular, the Wizard's telescope was pretty sweet!). It played well enough & all-in-all I'm hoping when the smoke clears I can buy it on PSN for 20 bucks and enjoy it from the couch on a bigger screen w/ a smooth framerate, etc... It's nice to want things, right?

Has the release date for PSN been set?

I don't think so. I'm sure it'll come out much later though.

Apparently it'll cost half on PSN. That's not a very difficult choice.

It only costs half if you buy the non-Steam version on PC, but yeah there's still a discrepancy, which is annoying. I'll get it on PC anyway, but dumb.

I'll get it on PC anyway, but dumb.
Why are you getting it on PC (also I thought the proper way to say it is "on the PC")? Aren't the versions the same, only on the PS3 has more fitting controls?

Why are you getting it on PC (also I thought the proper way to say it is "on the PC")? Aren't the versions the same, only on the PS3 has more fitting controls?

To the extent that it's possible, I like to have as many of my digitally-distributed games in one place--that is, Steam. Also, in general, since I do such a high percentage of my gaming on PC anyway, it's nice to just not have to switch over. I mainly use my consoles for stuff exclusive to those platforms.

I also prefer the mouse and keyboard controls. To me the mouse feels much more suitable for the grappling hook and wizard casting mechanics. That's sort of irrelevant, though, since I can just use an Xbox 360 controller on PC if I want, and I prefer that controller to the PlayStation 3 controller anyway.

As far as "PC" versus "the PC," I'm sure either is acceptable. I'm referring to "PC" as a platform, like "Xbox 360" or "PS3," and I don't usually assign definite articles to those, but it doesn't really matter.

On that link Toblix posted it says the XBOX version might also have cooperative multiplayer... I'd say the jury is out on which is the best version to buy.

I like to have as many of my digitally-distributed games in one place--that is, Steam

Sensitive subject for Toblix :grin: