Erkki

Trine

On that link Toblix posted it says the XBOX version might also have cooperative multiplayer... I'd say the jury is out on which is the best version to buy.

Sensitive subject for Toblix :grin:

They all have cooperative multiplayer, but Xbox 360 might have it online. They've also said though that they may patch the other versions later.

And I'm not going to wait for the Xbox 360 version just for that. It comes out on PC next week, Xbox 360 is months away without a release date.

Oh, so there's no real consensus that PC controls are suck? I'll have to try the demo, then.

Oh, so there's no real consensus that PC controls are suck? I'll have to try the demo, then.

No, definitely not. The game was originally designed for PC.

The game was originally designed for PC.

Oh, wow, really? For some reason I thought it was designed for PS3. Oh, I'll be getting the PC version for sure, then. And then maybe the PS3 version too if I want to co-op with someone.

Oh, wow, really? For some reason I thought it was designed for PS3. Oh, I'll be getting the PC version for sure, then. And then maybe the PS3 version too if I want to co-op with someone.

Yeah, developer Frozenbyte has only made PC games in the past.

Yeah, developer Frozenbyte has only made PC games in the past.

Oh, so they haven't made any next-gen games. That's probably why I've never heard of them.

Jumping and shit works surprisingly well. Can't imagine using the stick is nearly as good as the mouse.

next-gen games

Can we now finally drop that nonsense term. This next-gen stuff has been here for years, there is no next, just current.

No, it's true, they haven't made any next-gen games. Nobody has. Because it's not here yet.

minutiae

–noun, plural

Usually, minutiae. precise details; small or trifling matters: the minutiae of his craft.

Can we now finally drop that nonsense term. This next-gen stuff has been here for years, there is no next, just current.

Well, if there is a current gen, there is a next gen which is commi... Oh wait no. I forgot the world ends in 2012.

Now that the game is out, it's listed as $20 on steam. WTF is up with that? Did the people who preordered get screwed?

Nah, they received a free $5 dollar game with their pre-order

Nah, they received a free $5 dollar game with their pre-order

So being forced to a buy a game with a 100% mark-up by misleading the buyer into thinking it was a bonus makes it alright?

The Thief should be able to jump at least slightly higher than the wizard or the knight. It looks a bit ridiculous that they are equally agile.

Trine is rather awesome! The UI could do with a little more polish (manuall scrolling in inventory screen, continuing from last checkpoint instead of the last level etc.) but the graphics and gameplay itself is really good.

I tried the demo, and it seemed to me the gameplay was rather dull, with easy skeletons attacking and rather simplistic physics puzzles. Do the combat and puzzles get better over time?

I tried the demo, and it seemed to me the gameplay was rather dull, with easy skeletons attacking and rather simplistic physics puzzles. Do the combat and puzzles get better over time?

Yes! Well, the puzzles are simplistic most of the time but they become a lot more varied over time.

Started a second play-through with the hardest difficulty. Still not 'very hard' as the setting claims to be, but I hate those damn bats, they could easily kill me even with the normal difficulty. What's the best way to kill them? I've found aimlessly flailing the sword at them helps as often as not.

Also, I like the game so much that I'm thinking of making a game-ish demo with Trine-like environments and mechanics to show off my game-engine-in-progress. In 2D, though.

I stopped after I got to the 2nd act of this game. I am not sure if its just me, but the game wasn't compelling enough for me to go forward. Chris convinced me to try it again, lets hope my opinion changes

For some incredibly slight hand of God, this PC which seems to run on steam and barely hold together can run it. Sort of.

The ingame stuff all runs fine, like a dream infact. But the FMV's run at like 2FPS. It's most bizarre.

The game gets better after the first couple of levels. And IMHO, keeps getting better until the last level, which is crap (but short). I also didn't like the hovering pyramid much -- the last spell the Wizard will learn -- because I could never levitate with it and keep balance, always fell off. But all the other stuff is pretty cool.

I'm probably starting a third playthrough soon, it's just that fun for me.