Cigol

Diablo III

I just found out it's not just the real money auction house they're closing. This makes things more interesting, but I'm not sure by how much.

Ok, so a huge patch just hit.

I have a hankering to play this for reasons i can't fathom. Who is in?

Blizzard fandom is making me want to buy the expansion but I'm wary. I might mess around and see if I enjoy the changes...

Apparently first thing that happens for everyone is that they get some good itemthings thrown at their feet. I basically completely reoutfitted my playerpersonguy in like 15 minutes.

The way difficulty works now is also pretty cool. And removes the need to replay the story a billion times. 

Dunno. Seems pretty competent and all. I don't know if I will jump back in though, since my tolerance for carrot-dangling lootfests has kind of worn down in recent years. 

I just saw a trailer for Reaper of Souls, and all I could think is that I wanted someone to cut it with scenes from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

I've been playing the shit out of Diablo 3, so pumped for Reaper of Souls. I even started a hardcore character! *gasp*

I've been having a lot of fun ever since the 2.0 patch. D3 was always a good game, and this moves it closer to being a great one. Looking forward to Adventure Mode.

Patch 2.0 is pretty close to what the console version has had since September. I'll probably double dip on the expansion and the PS4 version whenever that comes out. This game feels so much better on a couch with a controller. There's nothing better then putting headphones on, jamming out to Seals and Crofts and getting some loot.

I booted up my old second playthrough character because of all this talk. Played for about a half hour (it was late and I had to get to sleep) and immediately got so much better stuff. I'm probably going to be playing a bit over March break, so I'd be down for some partying now and then.

I've been playing the shit out of Diablo 3, so pumped for Reaper of Souls. I even started a hardcore character! *gasp*

Welcome to the real Diablo! Hardcore is where it's at. I'll say, though, with the new loot system that Normal mode is underwhelming in HC.

I got to play the new act for about half an hour last night, then a crusader for another hour or two. The crusader is awesome, interesting abilities, finally a good reason to use a shield, and generally stylish. The new act didn't seem that attractive to me for the little bit I played, but others in Mumble sounded pretty into it, so I'll give it some more time before I pass judgement.

I got to play the new act for about half an hour last night, then a crusader for another hour or two. The crusader is awesome, interesting abilities, finally a good reason to use a shield, and generally stylish. The new act didn't seem that attractive to me for the little bit I played, but others in Mumble sounded pretty into it, so I'll give it some more time before I pass judgement.

Ya the environments of the new act seemed pretty bland and weirdly washed-out to me, with the exception of the small portion in the streets of the city. 

But the max-level gameplay is great. Adventure mode makes the drudgery of looking for new gear much more varied and interesting. It remains a pointless and unending search for loot upgrades, but my friends and I are enjoying it for the moment anyway.

Ya the environments of the new act seemed pretty bland and weirdly washed-out to me, with the exception of the small portion in the streets of the city. 

But the max-level gameplay is great. Adventure mode makes the drudgery of looking for new gear much more varied and interesting. It remains a pointless and unending search for loot upgrades, but my friends and I are enjoying it for the moment anyway.

I'm a bit further in now, I really like how the areas in the new act are stuffed with special events. That's made playing through this a pleasure. I only wish my wife would play more so we could get done with act 5 and I could play adventure mode.

Ya that stuff is absolutely a great improvement. Adventure mode lets you basically turn all the acts into that, going on mini-quests to clear dungeons and do events all around the map.

I'm not getting enough of the crafting mats to really make effective use of that right now. At this point I suppose I should save it for level 70 items anyway.

I love Adventure Time. I love the Crusader.

... oh crap I'm out of crafting materials and I want to enchant this item. SEND HELP.

Adventure mode is great, it basically gives grind to run things for loot a direction. Lots of fun.

I really liked the new act too, I think it was the most interesting visually and gameplay wise of all of D3.

Alright, fine.. It's bought! Can't wait to finish the Act and get to Adventure Time Mode.

I'm really liking the expansion too! It's probably an even bigger change for me than most people since I haven't even played since before paragon levels were introduced and yeah, it's way better now that everything has been rebalanced.

Was anyone thinking of getting a Thumbs clan or community going for this game? Do we even have enough people for that?

I think there already is an IT clan for US. There definitely is one for EU servers.

Expansion is bought and I'll be playing it tonight if any EU people are up for some co-op through Act V!